Condo or house

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I’ve stayed in a condo for a month and it was ok , small and some of the folk that live there could be noisy at times and the pool was not looked after very well so what’s best a condo or a house or a apartment any of members living in those who can give there likes and dislikes from where they have or are living , plus the cost too 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I’ve stayed in a condo for a month and it was ok , small and some of the folk that live there could be noisy at times and the pool was not looked after very well so what’s best a condo or a house or a apartment any of members living in those who can give there likes and dislikes from where they have or are living , plus the cost too 

I'v mostly lived in houses, not rented. I don't think I could live in a condo or an apartment as I detest noisy people. I'm struggling to stay here, before it was not noisy when I bought the lot 20 years ago.  I thought my head was going to explode last month with the disco blasting out their noise.

Going to rent a wooden house  in the mountains next July.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I'v mostly lived in houses, not rented. I don't think I could live in a condo or an apartment as I detest noisy people. I'm struggling to stay here, before it was not noisy when I bought the lot 20 years ago.  I thought my head was going to explode last month with the disco blasting out their noise.

Going to rent a wooden house  in the mountains next July.

Is it just for the month of July when the music is so loud or is it loud all the time now 

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Is it just for the month of July when the music is so loud or is it loud all the time now 

It's June and July. Every Saturday June and July, then the last 4 days of July long weekend. Disco stops after 2 am then I can sleep.

It's the Barangay official Disco. speakers size of a small truck.

Edited by jimeve
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

It's June and July. Every Saturday June and July, then the last 4 days of July long weekend. Disco stops after 2 am then I can sleep.

A vacation to somewhere else needs to be planned around those times , don’t call me for a house swap either 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

A vacation to somewhere else needs to be planned around those times , don’t call me for a house swap either 

Every Saturday during June and July we went out till 12. the last two hours weren't too bad after some cold beers. It's the four nights end of July is the killer.

Going to rent some where quiet. end of July. Any offers :whistling:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Steve we stayed in a small studio condo for a month last year. For the most part we only slept there so it worked out just fine. 

Jim, have you tried wearing ear plugs at night? I do if in a nosy location works well for me.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

what’s best a condo or a house or a apartment

The best is what costs the most, and as others have noted, what you're mostly paying for is spacious peace and quiet. Rent a big house in a village with big walls.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

It is also possible to get use to loud noise.  My wife and I are currently housesitting for our son and family while they are in Bristol, England for the summer.  Their house is in La Jolla close to Miramar Air Base, home base for the Top Gun fighter pilot training.  Noise from fighter planes flying fast and low overhead is deafening, but your hearing makes adjustments, and you stop noticing after a few weeks.  

Maybe karaoke is different, especially if the singers can't sing.

• Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Maybe karaoke is different, especially if the singers can't sing.

So that’s 99.9% of the population then 

• Haha 2