Must be nice!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This morning while performing my school chauffeur duties, a neighbor or visitor pulled out in front of me in an Aston Martin.  I think it is a Vanquish S.

IMG_20230907_224723.jpg

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Practical choice for Philippine roads and traffic. 

• Haha 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

Was about to say the same thing....  My dream car is a little bit more accessible, a Porsche 911, it has been since my teens, but I would never consider owning one here even if I had the means. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3

Lee
Posted
Posted

Must be nice!

It won't be so nice when the time comes to find and pay for parts to repair this car.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

The license plate letters NFT is an acronym for "Not For Traffic"?

• Haha 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What are the chances that car was one of those caught up in the “investigation” recently?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

What are the chances that car was one of those caught up in the “investigation” recently?

2 hours ago, Lee said:

It won't be so nice when the time comes to find and pay for parts to repair this car.

They have a dealership in Manila.

https://www.astonmartin.com/en/dealers/aston-martin-manila

People who can afford that car in the Philippines have money to burn.  I think I know the house that car probably came from.  They spent millions on a renovation a few years ago.  Even brought in giant boulders for landscaping.

6 hours ago, Old55 said:

You would be surprised.  We get many car and motorcycle enthusiasts in Subic Freeport because it is a nice drive from Manila on good roads, for the most part.  Skyway in Manila to NLEX to SCTEX.  You can drive 200+ kph on SCTEX if you don't mind the risk of radar.  If you are rich, I'm sure they will accept a big tip.

At our new house, a neighbor a few blocks away has a baby blue Ferrari.  Maybe he will let me drive it!

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

When I see one of those types of cars I'll wonder aloud who owns it. My wife always says it is probably someone associated with the government.

• Like 1

Sea Turtle
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Was about to say the same thing....  My dream car is a little bit more accessible, a Porsche 911, it has been since my teens, but I would never consider owning one here even if I had the means. 

maybe 911 Dakar

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, BrettGC said:

My dream car is a little bit more accessible, a Porsche 911, it has been since my teens, but I would never consider owning one here even if I had the means. 

You can do it!  Live your dream!  Free shipping!

Screenshot (1100).png

https://www.amazon.com/BEZGAR-Remote-Control-Car-,Electric/dp/B097G9JX3V/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3FLL5SHGA7HRS&keywords=porsche%2B911%2Bradio%2Bcontrol&qid=1694147304&sprefix=porsche%2B911%2Bradio%2Bcontrol%2Caps%2C370&sr=8-3&th=1

• Haha 3