Must be nice!

Possum
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Hit 307 kph in a death wish run!  It had standard suspension and I felt like it was floating.

You may well have been :smile:

• Haha 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have found memories of driving all over Europe for 4 years.  When I got the job assignment in Germany I had just purchased a 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid.   V6 with electric boost, 250 hp.  I loved that car so I paid to have it imported to Germany.  It was speed limited to 132 mph about 212 kph, but it was quiet and smooth at 180-200 kph.

Then I bought the 2007 Corvette Coupe standard and drove it all over my area but not on long overnight trips.  One weekend night I drove up to the A2 autobahn next to Netherlands because it was known as the "go fast" autobahn.  Hit 307 kph in a death wish run!  It had standard suspension and I felt like it was floating.  Luckily, no deer got in my headlights!

image.jpeg

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 9/8/2023 at 4:25 AM, fillipino_wannabe said:

There's a Chinese guy my wife rents from that drives round in a 20 mil range rover and owns atleast $10 mil of buildings/land and has businesses aswell. I always joke my wife he's making shabu as he has a 5000 SQM hardware supply warehouse that's never been more than 10% full when I've seen it lol.

Maybe the warehouse was empty after selling all the merchandise to buy another 20-mil car.  (Laughter follows as in Comedy Central.)

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, MotorSarge said:

image.jpeg

Looks like Nurburgring.  I lived about an hour from there and it was one of my country road cruise routes, so I went by often.  I never had the guts to go out there.  My German friend kept warning me "your insurance is not valid there so if something happens, you are done!"  The rear wheel drive Corvette with 390 hp could get squirrelry real fast, so I never went.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

My experience here is that about 60 - 80 kph is about the fastest anyone should drive unless on those nice roads up north of Manila. Dogs, cats, drunks, motorcycles, jeepneys, idiots.... they all make it unsafe to drive safely if you don't want to a) damage your rocket car or, b) kill someone or something...

The fastest I have driven here in ten years was 70kph and that felt like I was flying.

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/12/2023 at 9:16 AM, Mike J said:

that felt like I was flying.

Just say NO

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/11/2023 at 9:11 PM, MotorSarge said:

image.jpeg

I saw those same pictures on Civil Engineering Discoveries Facebook, and now their posts keep popping up.  Here is another.

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CivilEngDis/posts/pfbid0uc1DrF3DxNSWGUqU1ajePwxhtMRNtYYDraZgs5MmXaF991k9qgc4V79hHSaYgbkql

• Like 1