Dying

RBM
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, MotorSarge said:

A military veteran is a military veteran such as a military retiree is a military retiree, his branch of service is irrelevant.

The folks, expats, vets & retirees that are geographically closest to him will have the best resolve in this matter. Need to contact the RAO, VA in Manilla & Red Cross.

It is a little bit more complicated for the folks across the pond.

This is truly sad and should not happen to any expat regardless of if a veteran or not.  

I am going to red cross today, yesterday the rescue came again and washed, cleaned his leg but I fear to late. Shall also go to Government hospital to ask requirements for his admittance. From what barangay said somebody must guarantee his expenses which would be huge

• Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, RBM said:

I appreciate your help thank you ' At this stage Lee is doing his upmost to help so think its easier that you liaise with him as I have no knowledge about these matters,

No not 94 they have made a mistake on the birth date.

I'm in contact with Jack Walker and he needs the exact location.  Address, etc.  Please PM me with it.

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, RBM said:

No not 94 they have made a mistake on the birth date.

Are there any other IDs (military or otherwise) that he has? The DOB on his military ID says that he was born in 1929.

Someone, perhaps with a barangay official watching, should really go through his stuff and look for info on relatives, etc.

Edited by Lee

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, RBM said:

I am going to red cross today, yesterday the rescue came again and washed, cleaned his leg but I fear to late. Shall also go to Government hospital to ask requirements for his admittance. From what barangay said somebody must guarantee his expenses which would be huge

RBM, thank you so much for taking your time to care for another human being in need, especially a vet.  Jack Walker has all the info and will be able to talk to his embassy contacts.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Bless & Thank you RBM.

Most likely no one will guarantee his expenses without actually being physically present to confirm his physical presence, service & medical necessities..

RBM
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Lee said:

Are there any other IDs (military or otherwise) that he has? The DOB on his military ID says that he was born in 1929.

Someone, perhaps with a barangay official watching, should really go through his stuff and look for info on relatives, etc.

My partner is currently making some thick soup which she will try to have him sip some.  yesterday he was just semi coherent, suspect he has suffered a stroke. She does not like to go through his scant belongings, the stench in the room is unbearable.

The two situations which have blown me away totally is.

1...My car mad friend whom lives here is a head orthopedic surgeon and although i begged him for assistance nothing was forth coming. he even refused to call rescue.

2...The total liars from the corrupt staff here whom told me prior to the photo I posted they were caring him, feeding him changing his dress..... I suspect they also have his ATM card, which it was possible to cancel this how ever unable get sense from him.

• Sad 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Well done RBM. I've just been down a similar route with a UK veteran. Absolutely discusted by the lack of Government assistance both here and from the UK. Fingers crossed my friend has turned a corner for now. 

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Well done RBM. I've just been down a similar route with a UK veteran. Absolutely discusted by the lack of Government assistance both here and from the UK. Fingers crossed my friend has turned a corner for now. 

Thanks Snowy I would appreciate any tip regardless how small. Last night he was a little coherent as responding to the food we giving. As hard as it is to believe the staff here, one in particularly has been stealing his money, few weeks ago while he was still able to hobble about he withdrew a large amount of cash. Guess his pension and we found the wallet empty, its only this carer and us whom visit. At least he has not given out his PIN

• Like 1
  • Sad 2