ATMs

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Can someone direct me to any local banks with ATMs that permit withdrawals using foreign Visa or Mastercard debit cards greater than P10,000 per transaction? Currently, when I need cash, I go to BDO or Metrobank but am limited to P10,000 per withdrawal. So I stand there and do maybe 5 withdrawals to stock up for a few weeks of expenses. My bank (Schwab) covers the costs of the withdrawals - which is P250 each - so that is not the issue. I just want to go, withdraw maybe P50,000 in one transaction and be done with it. I think my bank has a limit of US$1,000 daily withdrawal but, with the peso at a current rate of around p54 to the $, that is no issue.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

We were able to withdraw 50,000 at a BPI ATM machine located in Cebu City during our last visit.

Edit; My wife (dual citizen) has a USD account with BPI in Cebu City so that may come into play.

Edited by Old55
  • Thanks 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

It's very much dependant on individual accounts rather than the banks themselves.  I can withdraw up to 20k from my BPI account at a BPI ATM in one transaction and in a day but only 10k from another bank's ATM in a day.  For my Metrobank account, I can withdraw only 10K per transaction but up to 50K per day regardless of which ATM I use.  

My BPI online app (apparently) allows me to change daily limits but it doesn't actually work in reality! 

I guess the solution is to go into your own branch and discuss with them how to set higher limits.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

For my Metrobank account, I can withdraw only 10K per transaction but up to 50K per day regardless of which ATM I use.

That's what I have been experiencing. I can keep withdrawing funds , but only the 10k per transaction. I don't have to pay the fees, since my bank does that, but it is a bit inconvenient. I am just looking to improve  the service.... Thanks for your response!

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

I guess the solution is to go into your own branch and discuss with them how to set higher limits.  

I tried that with BPI back in July before I went on a long road trip. All I got was shrugged shoulders and told to send an email to customer service. Did that and never got a reply. 

Was forced a few days ago to download their new app as old one stopped working. I noticed my daily limit was set at 20k. I raised it to 30k but haven’t gone to the bank yet to try it. 

@Tommy T.  It’s also been my experience using my Schwab debit card that you can only withdraw 10k at a time from an ATM, with the occasional one allowing 20k. 

Edited by Gator
Typo
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Gator said:

I tried that with BPI back in July before I went on a long road trip. All I got was shrugged shoulders and told to send an email to customer service. Did that and never got a reply. 

Was forced a few days ago to download their new app as old one stopped working. I noticed my daily limit was set at 20k. I raised it to 30k but haven’t gone to the bank yet to try it. 

@Tommy T.  It’s also been my experience using my Schwab debit card that you can only withdraw 10k at a time from an ATM, with the occasional one allowing 20k. 

Yep...emailing many businesses here is like sending a email to a big black hole.  As I said, I tried to increase my ATM limit online with BPI which seemed to work but when I went to the ATM it was still stuck at 20K!  I gave up.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Moving a little aside on this for a Moment, If you need cash from ATMs best do it ASAP we have a period now of 4 days Not all ATMs are refilled during Holiday times.

Just a thought EH?:tiphat: 

I'm on it, Jack, but thanks for the heads up.  I always take the weekly expenses out on a Sunday but keep one week's buffer at home for just such an event.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Moving a little aside on this for a Moment, If you need cash from ATMs best do it ASAP we have a period now of 4 days Not all ATMs are refilled during Holiday times.

Just a thought EH?:tiphat: 

Just to add to this for those that don't know......

I have an important deposit to be made to my BPI account next week, so I double checked with my bank manager on which days BPI is closed:

Monday Oct 30 - Closed

Tue Oct 31 - Open

Wed Nov 1 - Closed

Thu Nov 2 - Closed

Fri Nov 3 - Open

This Subic BPI but I assume it is the same nationwide

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yep...emailing many businesses here is like sending a email to a big black hole.  As I said, I tried to increase my ATM limit online with BPI which seemed to work but when I went to the ATM it was still stuck at 20K!  I gave up.

Have done it a few times with BPI never an issue.