American yields marijuana plants in Cebu City condominium

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What a way to spend your last years, in a Philippines prison. Why people take such risks I will never know. 

caught.jpeg

CEBU CITY – An American was arrested after he was caught keeping potted marijuana plants in his condominium in Barangay Camputhaw here.

POTTED marijuana plants are found in a condominium of an American that was raided by agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Central Visayas (PDEA-7) in Barangay Camputhaw, Cebu City on Wednesday night, November 9. (Photo from PDEA-7)

Found inside the condominium of William Lee Matteson, 75, were three potted fully marijuana plants worth P1,200, 10 seedlings of potted marijuana worth P400, and one plastic pack of dried kush marijuana.

Three seeds of suspected marijuana and an indoor grow kit were also recovered during the serving of a search warrant around 11 p.m. on Wednesday, November 9.

Leia Alcantara, information officer of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Central Visayas (PDEA-7), said the operation was conducted after they received a report that Matteson, a native of Nebraska, United States, was cultivating marijuana plants through an indoor grow kit in his condominium.

Alcantara said tip that reached the PDEA revealed that the marijuana plants were for the American’s personal consumption and he was also giving them to some of his fellow foreigners.   

She said it took a three-week case build-up before the enforcement of the search was made.

The American, a pensioner, had been staying in Cebu since 2007, Alcantara said.

Charges for violation of the Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will be filed against the American, said Alcantara. 

https://mb.com.ph/2023/11/9/american-yields-marijuana-plants-in-cebu-city-condominium

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What a way to spend your last years, in a Philippines prison. Why people take such risks I will never know. 

Agree! Very foolish chance to take. 

What do you guys think, do some Expats think they are above the law?

• Hmm thinking 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Agree! Very foolish chance to take. 

What do you guys think, do some Expats think they are above the law?

I guess expats get caught up in the general mood of things here - the law is, at best, loosely applied and foreigners are as aware of this as locals.

• Like 3

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

More info.

POTTED MARIJUANA.jpg

POTTED marijuana plants are found in a condominium of an American that was raided by agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Central Visayas (PDEA-7) in Barangay Camputhaw, Cebu City on Wednesday night, November 9.

https://mb.com.ph/2023/11/9/american-yields-marijuana-plants-in-cebu-city-condominium

Edited by Lee

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Lee said:

More info.

POTTED MARIJUANA.jpg

POTTED marijuana plants are found in a condominium of an American that was raided by agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Central Visayas (PDEA-7) in Barangay Camputhaw, Cebu City on Wednesday night, November 9.

POTTED MARIJUANA.jpg

Professional looking set-up - not that I'd know! 

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Professional looking set-up - not that I'd know! 

As the different stories say, it is a kit so been purchased somewhere.

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Freebie said:

someone , probably either a neighbour or an ex gf dobbed him in.

Could have been anyone, condo building maintenance or a housekeeper, or a delivery to the door and was able to see in. If he was silly enough to smoke it in the condo I think everyone would have known. 

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted (edited)

Changed my mind

Edited by craftbeerlover
  • Hmm thinking 1