For 13a cheap PhilHealth. What if my wife lives in USA?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Agree on all points.  I think the interview with both of you is 100%.  She would have to be here and you both would have to lie to the about the whole scenario.  Not good.

Better off to just go with a tourist visa or SRRV.  Not quite understanding why you would want to be separated from your spouse but that is your business.

I totally agree with Jack's comments.  But, it is definitely possible to get a 13a even both are not in the country together from a logistical point of view. As Jack says, you MAY be called for interview  - I wasn't.  

It's not legal but it's definitely possible. 

• Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

I totally agree with Jack's comments.  But, it is definitely possible to get a 13a even both are not in the country together from a logistical point of view. As Jack says, you MAY be called for interview  - I wasn't.  

It's not legal but it's definitely possible. 

How would one do the BIO? if not in the country. Or are we talking about tourist visa!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

One of the documents required to obtain a 13A visa is the  "Joint affidavit of cohabitation" which must be notarized.   You and your spouse would both be swearing to something that is not true if you attempted to apply while living apart. 

Hmmm - Moving on to your question.

If you are currently living together then you could apply for, and receive, a 13A visa while living in the USA as many expats have done in the past.  Typically the answer to how long does a 13A last is "until death or divorce/legal separation of the Philippine spouse". 

May we assume that your question involves a voluntary, and not permanent, separation as opposed to "the marriage isn't working"?   If so, your question should be addressed to the BOI or an experienced attorney.  While it is not uncommon for one or the other spouse in an expat/Philippine marriage to go to another country to work then return, but that doesn't sound like what you have in mind?  

The reality is that if you plan live apart on a permanent basis, even a friendly non-divorce separation, you would be setting yourself for a legal conflict if you attempt what you suggest.  

You should either apply for a tourist visa and do extensions or an SRRV visa.  My opinion of course.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, jimeve said:

How would one do the BIO? if not in the country. Or are we talking about tourist visa!

He said his wife would remain in the USA, not him so he could do the 13a application here OR, as Gator has said, he could do everything before he comes here - I did mine in Hong Kong.

Just to clarify - I am not suggesting he should do any of this, it's likely illegal, but just that it's definitely possible.  

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 11/18/2023 at 5:34 PM, OnMyWay said:

Not quite understanding why you would want to be separated from your spouse but that is your business.

I can think of a great many reasons...but then Im single, oops.. happily single.   Hes in Philippines, shes in US.. now THAT sounds like a good plan. lol

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Without going into detail of your marriage arrangements and just in case things are going South, never give a scorned woman anything that can be used against you in future battles.  Lets just say if someone should report you and you think you're happily retired here you could end up on the first plane out and blacklisted.

In my personal opinion if you want Phil Health just pay as a foreigner, it's only about 15k I think per year.

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Without going into detail of your marriage arrangements and just in case things are going South, never give a scorned woman anything that can be used against you in future battles.  Lets just say if someone should report you and you think you're happily retired here you could end up on the first plane out and blacklisted.

In my personal opinion if you want Phil Health just pay as a foreigner, it's only about 15k I think per year.

He will also need to pay tourist visa fees as well if he's not here on a 13a.  

• Hmm thinking 1