I will be moving permanently to the Philippines on January the 23rd I need advice

rikstick4493
Posted
Posted

Hello,

As mentioned, I will be moving to the Philippines and I plan on marrying my fiance who lives in Cebu. I want to know what the procedure is to stay there because I know that I can't become a citizen and so my plane ticket says I'll be returning like in 29 days but I will not be returning in 29 days so who do I contact and how much does it cost to extend my stay? I've heard that you can stay for up to 6 months but I don't know where to go what to do or whatever to initiate this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

James

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

You can extend your tourist visa at BI or online. 1 month extension initially.  And you can stay for up to 3 years if you keep extending.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Once you’re married you can apply for a 13a permanent residency spousal visa (permanent as long as you stay married). There’s plenty of info about both tourist and 13a visas on the forum - use the search feature. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

. If she dies, runs off etc you must revert to a tourist visa. 

Depends if you have kids with her, if she dies you can still live here with your kids. So get a move on.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Depends if you have kids with her, if she dies you can still live here with your kids. So get a move on.

Isn't that only as long as they are in full-time education? 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Isn't that only as long as they are in full-time education? 

Don't know for sure, wouldn't that be so wrong when the kids finished full time education, then having to get a tourist visa or leave your kids behind.

I doubt it.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, jimeve said:

I doubt it.

I've read about the 13A (for kids extension) lapsing when they're adults as well.

Can't find the reference (and can't be arsed searching too hard) 😆

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1