Concerts

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

Iron Maiden, last year. The concert was good but showing my son and his friends that went to the show with us how to sneak past the guards and get up front was priceless. 

Ah, the band that began my journey down the "Metal" road.  From the moment I first heard "Run to the Hills" on AM radio when it was released, I was hooked.  "The Number of the Beast" was one of the first cassette tapes I ever bought with my own money from a paper round as a young fella.  Bruce Dickenson: Legend. 

Joey G
Posted
Posted

I swear the best "concert" I ever attended was at the Sierra Club in Olongapo in 1979... it was like going to see Black Sabbath, Styx, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Lynard Skynard, and more all in one night. Florida Club across the street was a close second (plus it had air conditioning).

Plus... it was every night... if you were ever there... you know. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Sierra Club in Olongapo

Lol, i lived behind the Sierra club in 1987. Was working the 12 to 8 am shift on base at the time. I always knew it was time to jump in the shower and head to work when the band was playing Working Man. Good times.I have old videos of arnel pineda when he was in Amo band before Journey. Amo used to play in California Jam alot in the 80's

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Joey G said:

I swear the best "concert" I ever attended was at the Sierra Club in Olongapo in 1979... it was like going to see Black Sabbath, Styx, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Lynard Skynard, and more all in one night. Florida Club across the street was a close second (plus it had air conditioning).

Plus... it was every night... if you were ever there... you know. 

Along those lines, my wife and I are fans of REO Brothers:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Regarding other favorites, to this day Dire Straits and Alan Parsons Project were at the top of my list.  The years when I was attending concerts are kind of a blur now, so I am still trying to figure out which I actually saw vs. the ones I dreamed of!  I know I saw Led Zep at the Forum and Doobie Bros at either Greek Theatre or Hollywood Bowl.

Funny side note!  Alan Parsons Eye In The Sky gets a lot of airplay here, after all these years!  My 7 year old knows it by heart and sings it all the time when it comes on!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Bruce Dickenson: Legend. 

His voice and energy was amazing. The show started late and they got a fine from the city for doing the 2nd encore "Aces High"

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Regarding other favorites, to this day Dire Straits and Alan Parsons Project

Just listened to Alchemy today great live album, and love Alan Parsons Project as well... from Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe, I Robot, and Pyramid...  Good stuff!!   Alan Parsons was the sound engineer on Dark Side of the Moon

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Alan Parsons was the sound engineer on Dark Side of the Moon

I have always been a fan of great studio recorded music and headphones, back in the day.  Beatles, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, etc.

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Willie Nelson, Pure Prairie League, and The Beach Boys in Honolulu 1978 (all in one concert).   Willie was already like 45 I think.

Carly Simon in Washington DC 2006... she was as good as ever... and rarely did concerts.

• Like 3

Lee
Posted
Posted

Another good performance.

We didn't see this particular show but one just like it. Skip to the 5 minute mark and watch an "old man" wear out the timbalero.

Tito Puente "Take 5"                  

• Like 2