Concerts

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have always been a fan of great studio recorded music and headphones, back in the day.  Beatles, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, etc.

ELO was another favorite back then and I think I saw them live.  I see Jeff Lynne is still performing at age 76.

• Like 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

ELO was another favorite back then and I think I saw them live.  I see Jeff Lynne is still performing at age 76.

ELO is often a very overlooked and under appreciated band.   They had their own style and really put out some excellent albums.   My buddies went to see them, I was supposed to go, but ended up going camping instead.   They did tell me it was an excellent concert.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Knebworth 1976. Rolling Stones was the  headline act and they arrived on stage at 11.30 pm and finished at 2am  by which time I was so sleepy/ drunk/stoned  I actually slept through a couple of their songs. But not all !

Also appearing that day were 10cc, Todd Rungdren, Hot Tuna Lynyrd Skinnerd and the Stones.

Was a really long day, crazy day.  A few of us who were working in Keswick  at that time all went . Including my Aussie mate, who 4 weeks later died from a heroin overdose. Long ago days indeed .

• Like 2