Sen. Marcos questions shipment of 39 M gallons of fuel from Pearl Harbor

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

MANILA, Philippines —  Defense Secretary Gilbert Teodoro Jr. slammed the spokesperson of China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs for issuing statements that he said insulted President Marcos and the Filipino people.

“It is unfortunate that the PRC (People’s Republic of China) Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson stooped to such low and gutter level talk – resorting to insulting our President and the Filipino nation, and further debasing herself, the Ministry and Party she represents in the process,” he said in a statement issued late last night.

“But then again, we should not at all be surprised – being a nation and people enjoying the privileges, rights and freedoms of a democratic society – that an agent of a Party and system of government incompatible with our way of life and who routinely spouts state-sanctioned propaganda and disinformation would go that far and that low,” Teodoro said.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2024/01/18/2326640/teodoro-slams-chinese-foreign-ministry

• Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted
On 1/16/2024 at 3:34 PM, Tommy T. said:

Is this just to establish fishing rights (when they are obviously not fishing)? Or just for shits and giggles to claim more territory?

I believe that China wants control of the oil reserves that could be in the South China Sea.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
On 1/14/2024 at 5:22 AM, Avalon said:

You don't read the news?

I read a lot of material from reputable sources. The BBC, NPR, and The Guardian are some of the most unbiased sources available. What are you reading? Newsmax and Fox News are my guesses. Maybe The Hindustan Times as well.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

I read a lot of material from reputable sources. The BBC, NPR, and The Guardian are some of the most unbiased sources available. What are you reading? Newsmax and Fox News are my guesses. Maybe The Hindustan Times as well.

Based on his China rhetoric, my guess is he is reading the Manila Times.