Return Airline tickets

stevewool
Posted
Posted

When buying your airline tickets for the Philippines and you are hoping to stay more then a year , do you still get a return ticket but try to get it for as long between going out and coming back dates , then just don’t show up at the airport for the return, plus do you have to have a return date when entering into the Philippines, and if you have been there more then one year do I have to report somewhere to extend my stay 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

When buying your airline tickets for the Philippines and you are hoping to stay more then a year , do you still get a return ticket but try to get it for as long between going out and coming back dates , then just don’t show up at the airport for the return, plus do you have to have a return date when entering into the Philippines, and if you have been there more then one year do I have to report somewhere to extend my stay 

Are you going to arrive with your wife and get Balikbayan status?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevewool said:

We came here 7 years ago on a return ticket, I expected we might have to go back to the UK to finalize to sell our house but we didn't need to go back.

Back to the return ticket, we just let it expire.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

if you have been there more then one year do I have to report somewhere to extend my stay 

Yes Mate YOU will have to report to bi and revert to a 9a tourist then extend as all tourists, I presume Ems still has PI status ie passport:tiphat:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Are you going to arrive with your wife and get Balikbayan status?

Yes we are coming together, she’s going to be my rock until I get my directions in order 

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes Mate YOU will have to report to bi and revert to a 9a tourist then extend as all tourists, I presume Ems still has PI status ie passport:tiphat:

Have to check that Jack  but I don’t think she has I’m sure it’s ran out a few years back 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

Have to check that Jack  but I don’t think she has I’m sure it’s ran out a few years back 

Please do Steve, If she comes in on a UK passport she may have a problem, she could be treated as a homecoming Filipino But then again....................:shades:

stevewool
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Please do Steve, If she comes in on a UK passport she may have a problem, she could be treated as a homecoming Filipino But then again....................:shades:

Will do ,thanks Jack 

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

If you plan to return to the UK you could get a flex fare ticket wherein you can change your return date. Most airlines offer it and with enough advance notice they may not even charge you for it.  If there is a charge, then it’s usually not very much. 

Presuming your wife is still a Philippine citizen, and you have the time before your trip, you might consider getting your permanent 13a spousal visa while you’re still in the UK. 13a’s done in the Phils are probationary, but done out of the country via their embassy they are permanent. That way you can stay as long as you like without the hassle of converting to a tourist visa. 

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted

If you arrive as an Balikbayan, I think there is no need for a return ticket to enter into the Philippines. If the airline will let you board the plane without one, is another question?

One year tickets tend to be more expensive, so I wouldn't buy that.