Return Airline tickets

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I wonder about the validity of a 13a if the holder isn't a permanent resident? 

I assumed that they would be living here in the Philippines.  With the issuance of a 13A you would become a permanent residence.  You could then leave and return using the re-entry process and retain the 13A.  Also you are allowed to apply for the 13A even before moving here.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I assumed that they would be living here in the Philippines.  With the issuance of a 13A you would become a permanent residence.  You could then leave and return using the re-entry process and retain the 13A.  Also you are allowed to apply for the 13A even before moving here.

I took it that it would be a long-term visit rather than a permanent relocation. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, stevewool said:

Well thanks everyone for replying, and I have gave my thoughts to Ems about what’s been mentioned on here but she is happy going down the BB route .

The dual citizen route looks straight forward to take while still in the uk , but again she does not seem interested, I think I’m going to leave this and just see how we get on once we land in the Philippines 

I'm not surprised to hear your wife isn't interested in the dual citizen route. If she's anything like my wife, she'll only do such admin. stuff if it's absolutely necessary regardless of it being beneficial. 

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm not surprised to hear your wife isn't interested in the dual citizen route. If she's anything like my wife, she'll only do such admin. stuff if it's absolutely necessary regardless of it being beneficial. 

My wife is the same. It’s one of the reasons we decided for her to not take my last name. Too much of a hassle changing all her ID’s, deeds for property she owns, etc 

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yep , Emma likes to just sit back and let me sort out everything even if I’m not to sure what I’m doing , one of my fears is when I’m not around to advice or push her about her private and state pensions that she will be entitled too, but at the moment when talking about it , it’s not real money in her mind .

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

3 hours ago, Gator said:

My wife is the same. It’s one of the reasons we decided for her to not take my last name. Too much of a hassle changing all her ID’s, deeds for property she owns, etc 

1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Yep , Emma likes to just sit back and let me sort out everything even if I’m not to sure what I’m doing , one of my fears is when I’m not around to advice or push her about her private and state pensions that she will be entitled too, but at the moment when talking about it , it’s not real money in her mind .

Sounds like our wives are all the same regarding these matters, hahaha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Viking said:

Sounds like our wives are all the same regarding these matters, hahaha.

As long as there is food in the house , money in her purse , it’s not to hot and the WiFi signal is good, then life is great it seems for Emma

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, stevewool said:

As long as there is food in the house , money in her purse , it’s not to hot and the WiFi signal is good, then life is great it seems for Emma

Steve mate, it sounds like she may be a Filipino:shades::whistling:

• Haha 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve mate, it sounds like she may be a Filipino:shades::whistling:

What’s that saying Jack, You can take the girl out of the Philippines but you can’t take the Philippines out of the girl , or something like that 

• Love it 1