U.S. Credit Cards Without Foreign Transaction Fees - Survey

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

100 dollars isnt so bad.  Like you, I have had both my credit cards for many many many years.   I did downgrade the AMEX after I stopped working/traveling so that annual cost decreased substantially.  Neither of my cards have ever had a foreign transaction fee. 

Yes, and once I have some time, I will try to figure out which is better for travel; the 2% cashback with SDFCU or the travel credits for my CapOne.  For some travel purchases, I think CapOne is better.  For my everyday stuff, 2% cashback / discount is probably better.  I just bought pizza with it.  Again no signature for a p649 purchase.

As I have mentioned before, buying in pesos on the U.S. credit cards and paying it off in USD gets me great exchange rate with Visa and Mastercard.  Much better than transferring USD over here then exchanging at my bank or other changer.  My SS goes to my U.S. account so using those USD like this works well.  I will be buying a lot of kitchen appliances this way next week, and also get the 2% cashback.

• Like 2