Miracles still happens

• Viking changed the title to Miracles still happens
Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Viking said:

Two years ago, I made a personal loan of 50000 pesos to my neice. I was prepared to never see this money again, but last day she called me over and said that she wanted to repay me.

:shock_40_anim_gif:"WOW"

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Viking said:

Two years ago, I made a personal loan of 50000 pesos to my neice. I was prepared to never see this money again, but last day she called me over and said that she wanted to repay me.

It sure was a positive surprise!

I'm sure she does want to repay you! :hystery:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

No Doubt you will now raise some sort of written agreement to ensure she means it? :89:

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm sure she does want to repay you! :hystery:

27 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

No Doubt you will now raise some sort of written agreement to ensure she means it? :89:

I may have expressed myself a bit unclear. Last day, she gave back the 50000 pesos that she had borrowed from me.

Yes, we had a written agreement. Something we did ourselves, so I am not sure how valid it would be in case she had refused to pay it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Viking said:

Yes, we had a written agreement. Something we did ourselves, so I am not sure how valid it would be in case she had refused to pay it?

Providing it had been Notarized My Lawyer tells me it would be valid and enforceable, ( I just Rang here to be able to answer this)

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Viking said:

It sure was a positive surprise!

That was a nice surprise for you , it’s good when things turn out right  but in my experience it’s hard work trying to get back what was promised from the start , that’s why I just say no nearly all the time , the last time we was asked for a big amount of money I asked what was it for and there reply was it’s got nothing to do with me , and on that answer it was a get lost then , I’m sure Emma gives little amounts to those who ask it’s when it becomes a large amount that’s when I’m asked by Emma then she can tell them it’s me who says no rather then her saying it 

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Had a similar suprise several years back , during my married days.

My sister in law was travelling in a jeepney, drunk driver went down an embankment. Sister in law taken to Makati Med.

I did all the paperwork ( at 2am ) then family arranged next day for a transfer to PGH. She then had metal screws inserted into her legs and back  so she could walk again . She left hospital 3 weeks later with me fronting the bill.

3 or 4 years later there was a large bag waiting for me at home one day  which had bank notes, coins, little notes saying thankyou , more bank notes etc.. .and almost all the 300,000 I had orginally paid. The coins came from cousins of sister in law from their pocket money.

So that was lovely.

Few years later had a business with sister in law. Wherein she took then failed repay a loan of about 500K even though I was a partner.

So I guess she won. Havent seen her for over 12 years. Nor do I wish to . Moral of the story, get out while your ahead... or sometimes you win sometimes you lose. lol.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

I may have expressed myself a bit unclear. Last day, she gave back the 50000 pesos that she had borrowed from me.

1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Providing it had been Notarized My Lawyer tells me it would be valid and enforceable, ( I just Rang here to be able to answer this)

Would any of us actually enforce such an agreement amongst family members, though?  At best, it may make repayment more likely but otherwise I'm not sure.  

Lee
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, stevewool said:

then she can tell them it’s me who says no rather then her saying it 

I play the money bad guy also in our family. They won't come to me to ask for anything---language barrier helps a bit here.

When family borrow smaller amounts from the wife, it's understood that we will never be repaid despite what they say. As the oldest brother told us a few years back (he's in his 70's now) that we are "obligated" to take care of the family and that they should never have to ever ask for money in the first place. 

A monthly stipend for each of sibling is what he had in mind.