Where should i go on my first trip?

FritzSeng
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm flying to the Philippines in exactly a week, now I'm unsure whether I should use the 3 remaining days for Manila as previously planned or should change my plans and go to El Nido.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has been there so I would be extremely happy if you could help me out :)

If anyone has tips for Bohol, Cebu, Boracay, Manila, El Nido or Panglao I would be extremely happy too :)

I don't know if it makes a difference to the recommendation but I'm 24 and traveling alone.

Kind regards

Fritz

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, FritzSeng said:

I thought El Nido was WAY overrated.   Polluted and disappointing (some of the surrounding islands are NICE but you are going to pay a lot).   I havent been to Boracay in over 20 years, when I went it was beautiful, but based on what I have read, things have changed a lot.  Cebu (city) is crowded (again there are outlying areas that are probably nice).   Manila - Depends where you go, Makati is nice, Taguig is nice, even Alabang... stay away from Malate and probably dozens of other areas.   Places I really liked that are not mentioned: I liked Iloilo a lot, liked the Bicol region, Clark is nice, and Davao wasnt too bad. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

FritzSeng
Posted
Posted

@craftbeerlover Thank you so much, saldy i got all my information till now from socialmedia (mainly not the best option to really experience a country)
I thought about the area of donsol to (as part of Bicol region it would match your recommendation)

Lee
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, FritzSeng said:

whether I should use the 3 remaining days for Manila as previously planned or should change my plans and go to El Nido.

There are plenty of things to see and do in Manila for 3 days. 

I would go see/do them first.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Personally, I'd choose Boracay over Cebu if it's just for 3 days.  But, it's more awkward to get to so you need to factor that in - you could fly into Iloilo and spend a day there and then take a 4-hour bus trip to Boracay. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

May I ask the OP ( Fritz) what sort of things he is interested in @FritzSeng The are so many things to do and see but without a reference from Fritz what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg :tiphat:

FritzSeng
Posted
Posted

@Jack Peterson I really like beautiful beaches but im not looking for a place to just lay around, i like to meet people, experience new cultures and do stuff with small breaks to relax. (Good food is definitely an important part to)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, FritzSeng said:

@Jack Peterson I really like beautiful beaches but im not looking for a place to just lay around, i like to meet people, experience new cultures and do stuff with small breaks to relax. (Good food is definitely an important part to)

Well for me, A Flight down to Dumaguete is well worth it  if you have time a ferry across to Siquijor will be more than worth it  :tiphat:

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Am I to understand you only have three days? 

Due to your age be prepared to have a large number of single ladies attention. 

FritzSeng
Posted
Posted

@Old55 I have 2.5 weeks in total but i have 3 days where i planed to go to manila (on top of my first and last day) and i thought about going somewhere else

Im used to that from thailand, not the worst thing:cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

• Haha 3