Cost of exterior concrete wall rendering and paint?

Markoh
Posted
Posted

I have an unfinished hollow block wall bordering my home that I’m looking to plaster and paint. It is approximately 125 linear meters x 1.5m high or about 187sqm of surface area. I’ve been quoted 195,000php for finishing and paint. I have no idea if this a fair quote and Google was much help? I’m in the Aklan province on Pinay. Opinions?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Markoh said:

I have an unfinished hollow block wall bordering my home that I’m looking to plaster and paint. It is approximately 125 linear meters x 1.5m high or about 187sqm of surface area. I’ve been quoted 195,000php for finishing and paint. I have no idea if this a fair quote and Google was much help? I’m in the Aklan province on Pinay. Opinions?

One unknown which is critical - is it labour only or labour and materials?

If labour only - For painting 1hr - 7sqm more or less.  So, assuming that's close then that would be 26 hours per coat so maybe 52 hours for 2 coats.  Let's assume the same for plastering so a total of 104 hours.  195,000 for 104 hours = 1,875php per hour.  That's about 3 times the rate so it's excessive IMO.

As I say, if the price includes materials than that's a different story.  The materials probably shouldn't cost more than 35k php, though, so even if your estimate includes labour and materials it still seems high to me.

The above is purely a guestimate - please don't take it as any more than that! 

ETA - I'm in Iloilo so not so far from you. 

Edited by hk blues

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Markoh said:

Buy the materials yourself and get more quotes, 195, 000 is too high.

• Like 2

Markoh
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

Buy the materials yourself and get more quotes, 195, 000 is too high.

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

One unknown which is critical - is it labour only or labour and materials?

If labour only - For painting 1hr - 7sqm more or less.  So, assuming that's close then that would be 26 hours per coat so maybe 52 hours for 2 coats.  Let's assume the same for plastering so a total of 104 hours.  195,000 for 104 hours = 1,875php per hour.  That's about 3 times the rate so it's excessive IMO.

As I say, if the price includes materials than that's a different story.  The materials probably shouldn't cost more than 35k php, though, so even if your estimate includes labour and materials it still seems high to me.

The above is purely a guestimate - please don't take it as any more than that! 

ETA - I'm in Iloilo so not so far from you. 

Thanks for your reply! I have a friend the just moved to Iloilo. We’re currently in the US right now and returning in the summer. Perhaps we can meet one say when we’re back.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Markoh. :tiphat:

Introduce yourself in the New Member Greeting section and share a bit about yourself for us?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

That seems high to me.  Will they be putting mortar on both sides of the fence?  A few years back we had a security wall built.  The wall is about 40 meters long and six feet high.  Workers cleared brush, dug ditch for concrete footing, concrete 8x8 posts with rebar cage every 10 feet, 4 inch hollow block wall with rebar and concrete, smooth mortar finish on both sides, and broken glass on top.  It took about three weeks to build with 2-4 workers on site.  Total cost labor and material was 80K for a complete build.

IMG_20240404_055629.jpg

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

We’ve had a lot of work done involving plastering and painting, one question, did he have a smile on his face when he quoted the price. Without seeing the job that price is way too high, even if he supplies the materials. Get another quote, good luck.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Do not hire this guy for sure!

No photo description available.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

and broken glass on top

Broken glass always becomes brittle, weak and ineffective after time.

Sprinkle in some beautiful decorative alternating spikes of at least 4, 12 & 8 inch sectors.

Edited by MotorSarge

Lee
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

I’ve been quoted 195,000php for finishing and paint

Can you just buy the materials and pay the workers by the day?

A daily wage might slow down the workers a bit so as to do a better job.

When you just put a number out there---like P195K-----then the incentive is to get done as quickly as possible so they can get paid and move on. IDK

• Like 2