Cost of exterior concrete wall rendering and paint?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Viking said:

That's great, but sometimes it may be unpractical to wait the 28 days to be sure the concrete has cured completely. In those cases you can use the neutralizer before you paint and still get a good result.

If Filipino painters know about this or not isn't actually something I would take as an evidence of anything :tiphat:

Now I understand what the confusion is. Acid etching must be an American term for "Neutralizer" Me being from a small Island called Britain have not heard the term acid etching. We Brits call this Neutralizing. Basically You are stopping the "Efflorescence" (Salt) from coming out of the concrete. :tiphat:

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Now I understand what the confusion is. Acid etching must be an American term for "Neutralizer" Me being from a small Island called Britain have not heard the term acid etching. We Brits call this Neutralizing. Basically You are stopping the "Efflorescence" (Salt) from coming out of the concrete. :tiphat:

I was confused as well t.b.h. - when contractors here have done work they always describe it as neutralising, not acid etching.  

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

If you, as a native English speaker gets confused, think about me as  Swede. I often scratch my head trying to understand what people REALLY mean :89:, hahaha.

Have a great day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Possum
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

Now I understand what the confusion is. Acid etching must be an American term for "Neutralizer" Me being from a small Island called Britain have not heard the term acid etching. We Brits call this Neutralizing. Basically You are stopping the "Efflorescence" (Salt) from coming out of the concrete.

I'm from the USA and never heard of acid etching concrete until I read it on this forum. Nice to now know I haven't been missing an important step in painting concrete the last 50 years.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 6:07 AM, Mike J said:

and broken glass on top

In the U.S., you would have ambulance chasers hanging out at your wall! :smile:

Edited by OnMyWay

Gator
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, jimeve said:

As the writer George Bernard Shaw once said: “England and America are two countries divided by a common language!” But I guess he never visited Australia or he would have thrown their usage of the English language into the mix(up) as well. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Graywulf
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2024 at 6:43 PM, Viking said:

If you, as a native English speaker gets confused, think about me as  Swede. I often scratch my head trying to understand what people REALLY mean :89:, hahaha.

Have a great day.

just remember, Americans don't speak correct English either  :cornflakes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Graywulf said:

just remember, Americans don't speak correct English either

Of course not.... we (I am American/Canadian) speak 'Merican....:cheersty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Graywulf said:

just remember, Americans don't speak correct English either  :cornflakes:

Where's dose that leave us poor colonial's then.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
On 4/9/2024 at 8:13 PM, Clermont said:

Where's dose that leave us poor colonial's then

:89: Is this not where the problem started....:cheersty: