Australian convicted in 2013 rape of Filipina - DOJ

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I still can’t work out what rape is, a woman can run faster with her dress around her belly button than a man with his pants around his ankles. 

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2024 at 4:39 PM, craftbeerlover said:

you mean like Saudi Arabia?   Name me 3  countries where a woman can accuse a man of rape 10 years later, and have that man convicted with absolutely no evidence. 

Nor would I

The fact is many rape cases are based on one person's word against another - the judge/jury have to decide whose evidence is more believable.  

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

My step father was accused of rape back in 1977. We were living just outside of Denver and he left the BBQ to go get a pack of smokes. After a few hours my mom was a bit worried and thought maybe he had stopped off to get a beer at the tavern, nope. We looked for him but nothing. We did not have a phone yet because we had just moved there. The next day the police show up and we are thinking o shit he's dead....nope. in jail. On his way to get the smokes the cops stopted him because he fit the description. They take him in and the woman points to him in the line up. Luckily he had 15 witnesses from the BBQ to tell the cops he was there all day. No way it could have happened. He was released the next day but it's scary to think how it might have turned out. He took the whole thing in stried though. When he would tell the story he used to say " I thought I was the ugliest SOB to walk the earth, but it looks like I have a close 2nd..."

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1