Returning to PI, need driver's license

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gutenberg said:

Sounds good. Do you know if the ACR is required?

I'm pretty sure I handed over my ACR when I went for the tests.  T.B.H. I don't recall but must have.

• Thanks 1

Lee
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gutenberg said:

Do you know if the ACR is required?

I didn't bring my ACR with me to LTO when I renewed-----every office is different.

The only time that my ACR leaves the house locally is when I go to BI.

• Like 1

philippinesgreat
Posted
Posted

The ACR I never understood, except you must pay for it 😀 I payed for one in Davao and had to go back to Cebu before it arrived. When I flew out that time I had no ACR and was sent to an office on Mactan for finger printing "instead". This was free of charge :😱 

Thank you all for info on driver's license. It sounds there can hopefully be a way for me to get a license.

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, philippinesgreat said:

It sounds there can hopefully be a way for me to get a license.

Yep! Hopefully me too. I have nothing but an expired Thai driver license.

Edited by Gutenberg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

Yep! Hopefully me too. I have nothing but an expired Thai driver license.

You may find that you will need to do the Tests, for the LTO you have an  expired Foreign License ( this happened to me expired Spanish License) you will also have to show ACR card as Proof of Address ( this also was the case with me) :tiphat:

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

You may find that you will need to do the Tests, for the LTO you have an  expired Foreign License ( this happened to me expired Spanish License) you will also have to show ACR card as Proof of Address ( this also was the case with me) :tiphat:

It seems the tests aren't so difficult. I'll probably just try it out directly in the beginning of the arrival and see if they want to have it. Otherwise, from what I understand, it takes 1-2 extensions before ACR can be applied for.

Edited by Gutenberg
  • Hmm thinking 1

philippinesgreat
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

It seems the tests aren't so difficult. I'll probably just try it out directly in the beginning of the arrival and see if they want to have it. Otherwise, from what I understand, it takes 1-2 extensions before ACR can be applied for.

I think you always get the ACR on the second extension which is at least twice as costly as the others. I never saw a use for it, neither did my friends and the picture is really horrible. But I never had to give "proof of residence" before.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, philippinesgreat said:

But I never had to give "proof of residence" before.

Really? Well things change all the time

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Lee said:

I didn't bring my ACR with me to LTO when I renewed-----every office is different.

The only time that my ACR leaves the house locally is when I go to BI.

I wasn't renewing though, this was my 1st application. 

I've needed my ACR numerous times i.e. getting a bank account, dealing with BIR etc as well as BI obviously.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I wasn't renewing though, this was my 1st application. 

I've needed my ACR numerous times i.e. getting a bank account, dealing with BIR etc as well as BI obviously.

Also comes in handy as a photo ID when traveling domestically on ferries and airlines or when making credit card purchases, doctor office visits, etc  

I believe when I converted my USA DL they asked for my ACR or my passport. Either was acceptable. Plus they wanted color copies of either (front and back of the ACR card / data page and page with latest entry stamp - extension) as well as color copy of my USA DL (front and back).