Returning to PI, need driver's license

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

Also comes in handy as a photo ID when traveling domestically on ferries and airlines or when making credit card purchases, doctor office visits, etc  

I believe when I converted my USA DL they asked for my ACR or my passport. Either was acceptable. Plus they wanted color copies of either (front and back of the ACR card / data page and page with latest entry stamp - extension) as well as color copy of my USA DL (front and back). 

You've jogged my memory - they asked for my passport as well as ACR and expired UK licence card.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted

Sounds like I'll have to wait until I get the ACR. I am still inclined to just walk in and check it out, they don't seem super strict.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gutenberg said:

Sounds like I'll have to wait until I get the ACR. I am still inclined to just walk in and check it out, they don't seem super strict.

It’s worth a try. Just bring your passport and color copies of the data page plus the page with the latest entry stamp. They might accept that. Not sure what you could use if they ask for proof of an address…..copy of a lease for an apartment or itinerary / booking for a long stay air bnb. If you have then bring, but don’t show it unless they ask (just curious if they'll ask for it or issue a DL without it or an ACR card) 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Gator said:

. Not sure what you could use if they ask for proof of an address…..copy of a lease for an apartment or itinerary / booking for a long stay air bnb.

The local barangay captain will often supply a proof of address letter.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

The local barangay captain will often supply a proof of address letter.

Good catch, I forgot about that. Now I remember getting one from my MIL (she’s the barangay captain) when I submitted my 13a visa application to the embassy in the USA.