Mindanao And Is Ignorance Bliss

Travis
Posted
Posted

I just heard on the news of another killing in Catabato I think they stabbed a soldier to death

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

And here is some more things going on in Mindanao but of no worry to any foreigners at this time unless they happen to get in the way of one of these rampages. Suspected NPA rebels burn logging equipment in SurigaoLANUZA, Surigao del Sur- Four units of rakers reportedly owned by Surigao Development Corporation (SUDECOR) were allegedly burned by about 10 armed men Friday afternoon in Barangay Pakwan in Lanuza town Surigao del Sur.At around 10:45 a.m. on Saturday, Lanuza police reportedly received a text from personnel of Army

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

19 areas in Davao region tagged as poll hot spots DAVAO CITY , Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Pagadian-bound bus fired at; 11 wounded Suspected extortionists fired at a Pagadian City-bound passenger bus in Zamboanga Sibu-gay Saturday night, wounding at least 11 people, including the driver and conductor, authorities said.The bus of the Rural Bus Transport with body number 912 was peppered with bullets at the vicinity of Pulang Lupa in Barangay Licomo, more than 70 kilometers from the boundary of Tungawan town in Zamboanga Sibugay.Lt. Gen. Ben Dolorfino, Western Mindanao Command (Westmincom) chief, quoted passengers and witnesses as saying that two men, armed with an M-16 rifle and a shotgun, were behind the attack.Investigation showed that the gunmen reportedly tried to flag down the bus, but the driver sped away to avoid the highway marauders, said Senior Superintendent Edwin de Ocampo, city police chief.Link to the whole storyAnd my guess is that this will spread to other areas of Mindanao as the elections get closer but that is just a guess on my part and I pray it does not happen.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I see it as opportunist thugs. No mention of politics in the article.The government took away the rights of those who were legally allowed to carry firearms because of the election season. Now all the lawless bandits do not have to be concerned about being shot at themselves.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I see it as opportunist thugs. No mention of politics in the article.The government took away the rights of those who were legally allowed to carry firearms because of the election season. Now all the lawless bandits do not have to be concerned about being shot at themselves.
Exactly one of the reasons that I feel it might not be safe this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

A CIVILIAN was killed in an ambush Thursday dawn along the national highway in Barangay Samburon in Linamon town, Lanao del Norte.Based on police blotter report disclosed by Police Officer 2 Felipe Valenzuela, the lone fatality was identified as Eleazar Palmares, 45, a resident of Libertad in Kauswagan town.Police investigation showed that the victim was on his way to Iligan City at around 3 a.m. when a gunman armed with M16 rifle shot him several times while riding on his motorcylcle Honda XRM with plate number KJ 2862.The whole story hereI guess we will have to see more on this story before deciding if it was random or a hit but one thing is for sure, when someone gets show with an M16 rifle, then there can easily end up collateral damage to others on the same road or near it.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

2 bomb blasts rock Zamboanga City Third one recovered and detonated by authoritiesDe Ocampo said the first bomb went off between Rizal Park and a school while the second one exploded in Sevilla area.Bomb blast storyhereI guess things are already starting to heat up in parts of Mindanao, and I am told by relatives who live in Zamboanga that there are few Muslims in that area compared to non Muslims. I guess people will still say all of Mindanao excluding the Muslim region is perfectly safe. Any of our members live in that area?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 bomb blasts rock Zamboanga City Third one recovered and detonated by authoritiesDe Ocampo said the first bomb went off between Rizal Park and a school while the second one exploded in Sevilla area.Bomb blast storyhereI guess things are already starting to heat up in parts of Mindanao, and I am told by relatives who live in Zamboanga that there are few Muslims in that area compared to non Muslims. I guess people will still say all of Mindanao excluding the Muslim region is perfectly safe. Any of our members live in that area?
I am not sure of the area of the bombings but my wife is in the city now,haven't heard from her today so if shes alive I will ask her about it.:thumbs-up-smile:

Jake
Posted
Posted

I am not sure of the area of the bombings but my wife is in the city now,haven't heard from her today so if shes alive I will ask her about it.:thumbs-up-smile:Boss Man, Our prayers are with you and the safety of your wife. Respectfully -- Joaquin and Judy