Dual Sim Cards

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Paul might be able to answer this as I think he had a dual Sim card phone not that long back.Question is, are they any good and how does it work?Anyone else ever owned a dual Sim card phone? :13_4_10[1]:

• 1 year later...
abaca1
Posted
Posted
Paul might be able to answer this as I think he had a dual Sim card phone not that long back.Question is, are they any good and how does it work?Anyone else ever owned a dual Sim card phone? :wt-hell:
Yes, my wife has a dual Sim card phone and is working fine so far. I bought the i9 for her on eBay for about $125 out of china. Be sure if you plan choose your own Sim provider that you get a unlocked phone. I am thinking I may get one for myself someday. Remember if you plan to use it in different countries you will need the correct frequencies. Usually a quad band will work fine.

• 4 weeks later...
Hosea
Posted
Posted

I have a CECT P168++ (kind of a iphone knock off). When I first got this phone I was very excited until I began to use it. This phone is touch screen operated. It has all the bells and whistles. At the time I purchased this phone the seller was trying to get me to buy the dual sim CECT phone that allowed you to use both sims without switching. I didn't get that one because the P168++ had more options. That was probably a bad decision. What good is a dual sim phone if you can't hear the other line ringing until you switch to the other number? That wasn't the biggest problem though. This phone is very clumsy. The touch isn't sensitive enough. The letters are very small for us old people (anyone over 15). If you are not texting, it will probably work fine for you. The CECT phones are very innovative but here is always something you have to give up. The latest model sounds really great until you look at the camera pixels. But at least it offers a full sliding qwerty keyboard. I'd like to take clear pictures with my phone but otherwise the new CECT line up looks really nice. HTC has the best I have seen on the market but then you will pay for more for the best. Bottom line....? I hate this phone. I use my old T-Mobil slider I bought years ago. I paid about P1,800 to have it converted with some repairs and it is good to go. Don't see a real need for dual sims unless you can use both without changing some option. Wish I could sell this CECT P168++ just so I don't feel like I wasted my money. I don't know if any of that helped but that's my story. Oh! If you have a phone you want converted, have your Filipino family member take it to the shop with clear instructions. You will save half to two thirds what they will charge foreigners.

post-38-12623154234838_thumb.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have a CECT P168++ (kind of a iphone knock off). When I first got this phone I was very excited until I began to use it. This phone is touch screen operated. It has all the bells and whistles. At the time I purchased this phone the seller was trying to get me to buy the dual sim CECT phone that allowed you to use both sims without switching. I didn't get that one because the P168++ had more options. That was probably a bad decision. What good is a dual sim phone if you can't hear the other line ringing until you switch to the other number? That wasn't the biggest problem though. This phone is very clumsy. The touch isn't sensitive enough. The letters are very small for us old people (anyone over 15). If you are not texting, it will probably work fine for you. The CECT phones are very innovative but here is always something you have to give up. The latest model sounds really great until you look at the camera pixels. But at least it offers a full sliding qwerty keyboard. I'd like to take clear pictures with my phone but otherwise the new CECT line up looks really nice. HTC has the best I have seen on the market but then you will pay for more for the best. Bottom line....? I hate this phone. I use my old T-Mobil slider I bought years ago. I paid about P1,800 to have it converted with some repairs and it is good to go. Don't see a real need for dual sims unless you can use both without changing some option. Wish I could sell this CECT P168++ just so I don't feel like I wasted my money. I don't know if any of that helped but that's my story. Oh! If you have a phone you want converted, have your Filipino family member take it to the shop with clear instructions. You will save half to two thirds what they will charge foreigners.
I think the problem is the phone is a Chinese made knock off,I would always stick with the big names like Nokia

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
Paul might be able to answer this as I think he had a dual Sim card phone not that long back.Question is, are they any good and how does it work?Anyone else ever owned a dual Sim card phone? any-help.gif
I have the Chinese made Cherry phone with a dual sim and full keyboard: Looks kinda like a Blackberry.It works quite well and has a long battery life.The value of the dual sim is that I can keep my US ATT Sim and Globe / Smart Sim in the phone simutaneously and make and receive calls from both numbers on the same phone. I have also used it to put a Smart and Globe SIM in simultaneiously and when one does not work due to signal, I can just simply switch to the other. Some others I know use it to separate business and personal numbers or separate friends and family, etc. Since SIM cards are so cheap here, the options and alternatives are endless.The options on the phone allow you to select which SIM to use when making calls and texts, establish different ring and alert tones for each, and to turn each of the on and off for use without having to remove them.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I feel that I only have the need for a single sim phone so I use my US phone which is a Blackberry Curve 8320 and since it is unlocked, I just put in a Smart sim when we get to the Philippines each year. My wife has her phone with the same number for over 8 years now.BTW, I am kind of a phone nut, so I like to buy phones to play with and would probably buy that Chinese phone if the price were right and the phone was in Cebu. I like toys.

post-40-12623533533151_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Paul might be able to answer this as I think he had a dual Sim card phone not that long back.Question is, are they any good and how does it work?Anyone else ever owned a dual Sim card phone? :thumbsup:
I just bought myself a brand new Nokia China brand cellphone(forgot the model) with dual sims, Smart and Globe, has an MP3 player, FM radio, camera/video, bluetooth, WAPS and it's thin and small! And all for PhP2,900! Yes Php2,900 and it works great and doesn't look cheap either, a similar phone could cost around Php14,000! When you text or make calls, you just select which sim you want to use, simple as that. I just love it because of the price, features and design! BTW, can anyone tell me how to find out what band lenght any cellphone is by looking at it? What I mean, if it's tri band, quad band or whatever! How can I tell what my cheap cellphone is. Read your link Lee, but it didn't say how to find what band cellphs are by looking at it.23_9_11[1].gif Edited by Art & Jho

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Paul might be able to answer this as I think he had a dual Sim card phone not that long back.Question is, are they any good and how does it work?Anyone else ever owned a dual Sim card phone? :thumbsup:
I just bought myself a brand new Nokia China brand cellphone(forgot the model) with dual sims, Smart and Globe, has an MP3 player, FM radio, camera/video, bluetooth, WAPS and it's thin and small! And all for PhP2,900! Yes Php2,900 and it works great and doesn't look cheap either, a similar phone could cost around Php14,000! When you text or make calls, you just select which sim you want to use, simple as that. I just love it because of the price, features and design! BTW, can anyone tell me how to find out what band lenght any cellphone is by looking at it?
Art, I am not exactly sure what you meant by band length? I think we might be talking about the frequency of the bands that Philippine phones work on and that can sometimes be called length? Here is a post I made about cell phones that will work in the Philippines and Asia and it explains a lot about cell phones and if I can be more specific than please just ask. Hope that helps.Cell phone that will work in the Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Paul might be able to answer this as I think he had a dual Sim card phone not that long back.Question is, are they any good and how does it work?Anyone else ever owned a dual Sim card phone? :540:
I just bought myself a brand new Nokia China brand cellphone(forgot the model) with dual sims, Smart and Globe, has an MP3 player, FM radio, camera/video, bluetooth, WAPS and it's thin and small! And all for PhP2,900! Yes Php2,900 and it works great and doesn't look cheap either, a similar phone could cost around Php14,000! When you text or make calls, you just select which sim you want to use, simple as that. I just love it because of the price, features and design! BTW, can anyone tell me how to find out what band lenght any cellphone is by looking at it? What I mean, if it's tri band, quad band or whatever! How can I tell what my cheap cellphone is. Read your link Lee, but it didn't say how to find what band cellphs are by looking at it.23_9_11[1].gif
The way I usually look them up is to do a google of the name, model number and specifications and that should bring up your phone and info on it. The actual model number is usually below the battery and will require a magnifying glass if your eyes are as bad as mine. :thumbsup: For instance if this is your phone then it is a quad band.Nokia n95 Chinese cloneOr this model is only a dual band 900 and 1800 mhz.N96 Chinese clone

post-40-1264979219267_thumb.jpg

post-40-12649792448838_thumb.jpg

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Paul might be able to answer this as I think he had a dual Sim card phone not that long back.Question is, are they any good and how does it work?Anyone else ever owned a dual Sim card phone? :540:
I just bought myself a brand new Nokia China brand cellphone(forgot the model) with dual sims, Smart and Globe, has an MP3 player, FM radio, camera/video, bluetooth, WAPS and it's thin and small! And all for PhP2,900! Yes Php2,900 and it works great and doesn't look cheap either, a similar phone could cost around Php14,000! When you text or make calls, you just select which sim you want to use, simple as that. I just love it because of the price, features and design! BTW, can anyone tell me how to find out what band lenght any cellphone is by looking at it? What I mean, if it's tri band, quad band or whatever! How can I tell what my cheap cellphone is. Read your link Lee, but it didn't say how to find what band cellphs are by looking at it.23_9_11[1].gif
The way I usually look them up is to do a google of the name, model number and specifications and that should bring up your phone and info on it. The actual model number is usually below the battery and will require a magnifying glass if your eyes are as bad as mine. :540: For instance if this is your phone then it is a quad band.Nokia n95 Chinese cloneOr this model is only a dual band 900 and 1800 mhz.N96 Chinese clone
Wow! Great info Lee! I'll check that out!:thumbsup: