No Respect And A Embarrassment

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
A** h*les are a** h*les in any country, and at any bar...and a reason I don't frequent bars too much. Nothing worst then talking to a full of himself barfly doped up on some booze making an ass of himself, breathing into your ear about something he finds more important then life itself...like in this case, his "over-sized" penis. If there ain't music in the bar, so I don't have to listen to the fat bellied slobs self importance, then I find them a waste of my time. However, if you are a drunken fool, where else are you going to find some fellow juicer and drink?...after all, as Billy Joel says, it's better then drinking alone. :thumbs-up-smile:fm01p003.jpg
Just to clarify,the bar was just a pool side bar at the Montebello hotel,not a girly bar or a loud bar but a quiet family type bar with 6 seats and restaurant area.
Then you had three options being this was a classy joint....1- Tampo him, which is something I would do as a guest in another country2- Do a vulcan nerve pinch when he made a CR run, you following him with no witness (if he insulted your girl, home country, momma or Caddyshack)3- Whip it out and show him who is boss (depending upon the lighting and how cold the pool water was) First thing you learn as a club bouncer is there is no way to deal with a rowdy drunk other then make him sleep, cry or fly. As a fellow patron and not in charge of that area, you have limited choices here, and you did the right thing. No doormen?...and security is scarce? The way to handle a rowdy anus drunk in this matter would be, IMHO...do just as you did and ignore. Remember, third world countries attract some VERY socially inept characters, from ALL over the world. I have heard of some that would live in a box under a bridge with some squatters before going back to their home countries. Imagine that? That type of un common sense is what you are dealing with in many cases out here. One reason I chose the Philippines over other 3rd world areas of the world I have been too and considered making my dollar go further such as Costa Rica, Columbia, Panama, Thailand and Mississippi (4th world), is the fact I tend to enjoy the expats in the Philippines far more then the other places. But, that is more to do with the fact I connect more with the retired military here then those places which seem to attract the eco tourist types. Add in the fact I proudly served under a filipino Chief in the Navy who I befriended, it was a no brainer for me.I have seen this type of snobbery many times BTW in Cebu. Just within the last week I have seen a younger foreigner walk past and knock over a display area in the Giasano mall with a smirk after it happened on either accident or purpose, his GF/wifey looking horrified as the working pinays cussed him. I helped them pick up the plastic garbage they were selling and hopefully they seen us as all not the same. Then, in the SM at the French Baker some European snob, again not your usual 63 year old pervert you see there too often, but a younger guy, began ranting at the lady because she put his bread in a bag too small for his liking. He was furious, and kept on about the stupidity of the filipino. I looked over at the horrified lady and made a comment directed at him. It WAS embarrassing, but It was the FRENCH bakery, so I am sure they are all given classes on the French before the work begins, and that they just might have to deal with some at times. Edited by Inspector

Demeter
Posted
Posted
There is a guy like that in our condo building. He's a real prick and always berates the guards with such charming talk as 'do you know the difference between 200,000 p a month and 6000 p a month? I could buy and sell you any day I wanted to.'
If this guy said these words to me, I would tell him "I could have you sent back home inside a box and it wouldn't cost me anything, a bottle of Tanduay would suffice."

TheMason
Posted
Posted
There is a guy like that in our condo building. He's a real prick and always berates the guards with such charming talk as 'do you know the difference between 200,000 p a month and 6000 p a month? I could buy and sell you any day I wanted to.'
If this guy said these words to me, I would tell him "I could have you sent back home inside a box and it wouldn't cost me anything, a bottle of Tanduay would suffice."
Hehehe....you and my wife think alike. When we were talking about this guy she said he'd better be careful because the guards know where he lives and when he comes and goes....it would be real easy to set him up for bodily harm.

Singers
Posted
Posted
Hehehe....you and my wife think alike. When we were talking about this guy she said he'd better be careful because the guards know where he lives and when he comes and goes....it would be real easy to set him up for bodily harm.
Stupidity comes in all sizes. The ignorance of traveler's today never fails to frighten me. IMO TV travel shows set these idiots thinking 3rd. World travel is a TV adventure and divorced from reality AND if all goes "belly up" they can hit the Pause or stop button. :thumbs-up-smile: "How did I get here" Should be their Epitaph..UK Tom

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wish there was a way to get some of these clowns deported but I have also seen Filipinos treat working Filipinos like they were trash, so it is not only foreigners who seem to do it. In our condo while I was in the elevator a guard got on and and a Filipino behind him who thought his sh*t did not stink yelled at the guard to get out of his way when he had to get off the elevator at the next floor, so maybe when Filipinos learn to treat other Filipinos with respect and kindness then maybe more foreigners will try to do better. How can some foreigners learn to respect working Filipinos when many Filipinos don't. IMO each and every one of us who treats others with respect, needs to go the extra mile to show the local people that we are not all like these low life trash visitors mentioned by the OP. You all know the old saying, instant AH just add alcohol but the sad part is that many upper class Filipinos and those who make believe they are upper class, treat working Filipinos that way when they are sober. Now to get back on topic myself, one kano in our building started screaming at one of the guards on the night shift to get a mop to mop us a small amount of ice creme that some kid probably dripped in the very rear corner of the elevator, the poor guard surely did not understand what this AH kano was saying to him but was just about scared out of his pants by the tone of the kanos voice. I gave this kano a look that could kill and he left the condo quickly because he knew by my look that my foot was about to go up his arse if he did not shut up and since I was twice his size, I am pretty sure he knew he might end up on his arse if I decided to lose my temper on him, so off he and his cowering Filipina went as fast as his little legs could carry his dumb arse. SugarwareZ-007.gif :thumbs-up-smile:

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I wish there was a way to get some of these clowns deported but I have also seen Filipinos treat working Filipinos like they were trash, so it is not only foreigners who seem to do it. In our condo while I was in the elevator a guard got on and and a Filipino behind him who thought his sh*t did not stink yelled at the guard to get out of his way when he had to get off the elevator at the next floor, so maybe when Filipinos learn to treat other Filipinos with respect and kindness then maybe more foreigners will try to do better. How can some foreigners learn to respect working Filipinos when many Filipinos don't. IMO each and every one of us who treats others with respect, needs to go the extra mile to show the local people that we are not all like these low life trash visitors mentioned by the OP. You all know the old saying, instant AH just add alcohol but the sad part is that many upper class Filipinos and those who make believe they are upper class, treat working Filipinos that way when they are sober. Now to get back on topic myself, one kano in our building started screaming at one of the guards on the night shift to get a mop to mop us a small amount of ice creme that some kid probably dripped in the very rear corner of the elevator, the poor guard surely did not understand what this AH kano was saying to him but was just about scared out of his pants by the tone of the kanos voice. I gave this kano a look that could kill and he left the condo quickly because he knew by my look that my foot was about to go up his arse if he did not shut up and since I was twice his size, I am pretty sure he knew he might end up on his arse if I decided to lose my temper on him, so off he and his cowering Filipina went as fast as his little legs could carry his dumb arse. SugarwareZ-007.gif :thumbs-up-smile:
Yea Lee,Lets try to make a difference.!I used that "look" in S'Pore when I witnessed a S'porian who got on the MRT (train) with his family and Filipina maid. His wife sat with a baby on her lap and he sat on the only free seat next to her leving the maid standing holding his other child!!!!???? Following my look (stare) of disgust he stood and let the maid sit. I expect he thought "what an ignorant and rude Kano"!. A maid a month dies in S'Pore from falling "Accidently" from high levels while "hanging out washing". "Suicide" by another name the maid community in the Condo I lived in said.? So ill treating ones "inferiors"?? is not only happening in PI unfortunately! Bullies need to get that "look" more often.UK Tom Edited by Singers

acman
Posted
Posted
I Like your idea!!!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Yea Lee,Lets try to make a difference.!I used that "look" in S'Pore when I witnessed a S'porian who got on the MRT (train) with his family and Filipina maid. His wife sat with a baby on her lap and he sat on the only free seat next to her leving the maid standing holding his other child!!!!???? Following my look (stare) of disgust he stood and let the maid sit. I expect he thought "what an ignorant and rude Kano"!. A maid a month dies in S'Pore from falling "Accidently" from high levels while "hanging out washing". "Suicide" by another name the maid community in the Condo I lived in said.? So ill treating ones "inferiors"?? is not only happening in PI unfortunately! Bullies need to get that "look" more often.UK Tom
I have read a lot of those stories of accidents and I would bet many of them are suicides such as you say and many were also murders when the maid would either not have sex with the boss or complained that they were going to go to the authorities if the boss would not stop bothering them or because he raped them. Many OFW are raped and treated worse than dogs, so I have to wonder why those stories do not make it back home so that being a maid or nanny in some of those nations where a woman is thought to be very inferior to men does not make people stop sending their children into slavery.So lack of respect seems to be common in many cultures but why does it have to be so rampant in the Philippines.

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yea Lee,Lets try to make a difference.!I used that "look" in S'Pore when I witnessed a S'porian who got on the MRT (train) with his family and Filipina maid. His wife sat with a baby on her lap and he sat on the only free seat next to her leving the maid standing holding his other child!!!!???? Following my look (stare) of disgust he stood and let the maid sit. I expect he thought "what an ignorant and rude Kano"!. A maid a month dies in S'Pore from falling "Accidently" from high levels while "hanging out washing". "Suicide" by another name the maid community in the Condo I lived in said.? So ill treating ones "inferiors"?? is not only happening in PI unfortunately! Bullies need to get that "look" more often.UK Tom
I'm not dismissing the abuse of domestic help in Singapore, but its a huge stretch to connect making a servant stand on a crowded train with tossing them off a balcony or driving them to suicide. I would not give up my seat on the MRT to my employee either. I would have also sat next to my wife and let the maid fend for herself. I probably would have taken the baby from her but that would have been for the sake of the child, not the maid. I don't think that's rude or disrespectful....its simply the employer's prerogative. I will defer to her needs when she pays me a monthly salary, but when she is my employee, my needs will come first. She's always free to find another employer if she thinks that is too harsh a stance. I don't think the guy was treating her as an inferior by making her stand, he was treating her like what she is....an employee paid to look after the comfort and needs of the employer and his family. Edited by TheMason

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I'm not dismissing the abuse of domestic help in Singapore, but its a huge stretch to connect making a servant stand on a crowded train with tossing them off a balcony or driving them to suicide. I would not give up my seat on the MRT to my employee either. I would have also sat next to my wife and let the maid fend for herself. I probably would have taken the baby from her but that would have been for the sake of the child, not the maid. I don't think that's rude or disrespectful....its simply the employer's prerogative. I will defer to her needs when she pays me a monthly salary, but when she is my employee, my needs will come first. She's always free to find another employer if she thinks that is too harsh a stance. I don't think the guy was treating her as an inferior by making her stand, he was treating her like what she is....an employee paid to look after the comfort and needs of the employer and his family.
Well at least you would have had the intelligence to take your own child from her arms to prevent the child from being injured if the MRT should stop abruptly for any reason or run into an obstruction because some illegal removed the items which holds down the tracks or removed a sewer lid to sell as scrap and a tire went into the open hole. SugarwareZ-007.gif I am sorry but I have to wonder what happened to male chivalry. I fully understand that the maid is an employee but she is also a woman and as such still deserves to be treated as a lady IMO and I am sure you would not like your wife to be treated that way if she were on mass transit. As for the suicides, isolation and being away from all a person knows and their family and friends and then being treated like a slave when back in the Philippines everyone seems to be a unit and most often treated nicely, can drive a person to despair. I do not see why it is a stretch to treat all humans we come into contact with with respect and kindness. This would be so much a better world if people did not have superior attitudes towards their employees or women or other races. I have been a boss and I always expected my employees to do their job and came down on them if they did not, but I also always treated them as equals in all other things and I will never agree with people who look down upon an employee, a woman or a person from a different race, but that is just me and I am trying to have the world head in a better direction and no employee has ever had a bad word to say about me because of how I treated them and to this day, many call me on the phone or email me and tell me that they think of me as family and many have said they love me and think of me often. I am sure that I cannot change others minds such as yours, but I have to wonder how would you or others who think that way feel if the shoe was on the other foot. I believe in doing unto others as I wish them to do unto me and people should always remember that but by the grace of luck and good choices that were available to us, our life is easier than theirs but to those who wish to treat others as inferiors, think about if you come back as one of those inferiors in your next life, that is if there is a next life.