No Respect And A Embarrassment

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I'm not dismissing the abuse of domestic help in Singapore, but its a huge stretch to connect making a servant stand on a crowded train with tossing them off a balcony or driving them to suicide. I would not give up my seat on the MRT to my employee either. I would have also sat next to my wife and let the maid fend for herself. I probably would have taken the baby from her but that would have been for the sake of the child, not the maid. I don't think that's rude or disrespectful....its simply the employer's prerogative. I will defer to her needs when she pays me a monthly salary, but when she is my employee, my needs will come first. She's always free to find another employer if she thinks that is too harsh a stance. I don't think the guy was treating her as an inferior by making her stand, he was treating her like what she is....an employee paid to look after the comfort and needs of the employer and his family.
Well at least you would have had the intelligence to take your own child from her arms to prevent the child from being injured if the MRT should stop abruptly for any reason or run into an obstruction because some illegal removed the items which holds down the tracks or removed a sewer lid to sell as scrap and a tire went into the open hole. SugarwareZ-007.gifI am sorry but I have to wonder what happened to male chivalry. I fully understand that the maid is an employee but she is also a woman and as such still deserves to be treated as a lady IMO and I am sure you would not like your wife to be treated that way if she were on mass transit. As for the suicides, isolation and being away from all a person knows and their family and friends and then being treated like a slave when back in the Philippines everyone seems to be a unit and most often treated nicely, can drive a person to despair. I do not see why it is a stretch to treat all humans we come into contact with with respect and kindness. This would be so much a better world if people did not have superior attitudes towards their employees or women or other races. I have been a boss and I always expected my employees to do their job and came down on them if they did not, but I also always treated them as equals in all other things and I will never agree with people who look down upon an employee, a woman or a person from a different race, but that is just me and I am trying to have the world head in a better direction and no employee has ever had a bad word to say about me because of how I treated them and to this day, many call me on the phone or email me and tell me that they think of me as family and many have said they love me and think of me often. I am sure that I cannot change others minds such as yours, but I have to wonder how would you or others who think that way feel if the shoe was on the other foot. I believe in doing unto others as I wish them to do unto me and people should always remember that but by the grace of luck and good choices that were available to us, our life is easier than theirs but to those who wish to treat others as inferiors, think about if you come back as one of those inferiors in your next life, that is if there is a next life.
Now I am in a quandary -- my thought is HIM coming back as the General in the INSPECTORS RAMBLINGS post. Imagine the Inspector armed with a fully primed insecticide can and WHOOSHhh. No quandary anymore --that thought does cheers ME.!UK Tom :( the SAD ASS -- me thinks! Edited by Singers

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I'm not dismissing the abuse of domestic help in Singapore, but its a huge stretch to connect making a servant stand on a crowded train with tossing them off a balcony or driving them to suicide. I would not give up my seat on the MRT to my employee either. I would have also sat next to my wife and let the maid fend for herself. I probably would have taken the baby from her but that would have been for the sake of the child, not the maid. I don't think that's rude or disrespectful....its simply the employer's prerogative. I will defer to her needs when she pays me a monthly salary, but when she is my employee, my needs will come first. She's always free to find another employer if she thinks that is too harsh a stance. I don't think the guy was treating her as an inferior by making her stand, he was treating her like what she is....an employee paid to look after the comfort and needs of the employer and his family.
Well at least you would have had the intelligence to take your own child from her arms to prevent the child from being injured if the MRT should stop abruptly for any reason or run into an obstruction because some illegal removed the items which holds down the tracks or removed a sewer lid to sell as scrap and a tire went into the open hole. SugarwareZ-007.gifI am sorry but I have to wonder what happened to male chivalry. I fully understand that the maid is an employee but she is also a woman and as such still deserves to be treated as a lady IMO and I am sure you would not like your wife to be treated that way if she were on mass transit. As for the suicides, isolation and being away from all a person knows and their family and friends and then being treated like a slave when back in the Philippines everyone seems to be a unit and most often treated nicely, can drive a person to despair. I do not see why it is a stretch to treat all humans we come into contact with with respect and kindness. This would be so much a better world if people did not have superior attitudes towards their employees or women or other races. I have been a boss and I always expected my employees to do their job and came down on them if they did not, but I also always treated them as equals in all other things and I will never agree with people who look down upon an employee, a woman or a person from a different race, but that is just me and I am trying to have the world head in a better direction and no employee has ever had a bad word to say about me because of how I treated them and to this day, many call me on the phone or email me and tell me that they think of me as family and many have said they love me and think of me often. I am sure that I cannot change others minds such as yours, but I have to wonder how would you or others who think that way feel if the shoe was on the other foot. I believe in doing unto others as I wish them to do unto me and people should always remember that but by the grace of luck and good choices that were available to us, our life is easier than theirs but to those who wish to treat others as inferiors, think about if you come back as one of those inferiors in your next life, that is if there is a next life.
Now I am in a quandary -- my thought is HIM coming back as the General in the INSPECTORS RAMBLINGS post. Imagine the Inspector armed with a fully primed insecticide can and WHOOSHhh. No quandary anymore --that thought does cheers ME.!UK Tom :as-if: the SAD ASS -- me thinks!
billboard.jpg- General PattonFlamethrower_5.jpgPatton patented!"when the shoes are simply not enough, use the stuff I do when the roaches are in Blitzkrieg" - General Bradley"I give this roach killer two thumbs up, one slap and five stars!" - General Patton"It makes every Thanksgiving worry free" - Mom

Travis
Posted
Posted
Well at least you would have had the intelligence to take your own child from her arms to prevent the child from being injured if the MRT should stop abruptly for any reason or run into an obstruction because some illegal removed the items which holds down the tracks or removed a sewer lid to sell as scrap and a tire went into the open hole. SugarwareZ-007.gif I am sorry but I have to wonder what happened to male chivalry. I fully understand that the maid is an employee but she is also a woman and as such still deserves to be treated as a lady IMO and I am sure you would not like your wife to be treated that way if she were on mass transit. As for the suicides, isolation and being away from all a person knows and their family and friends and then being treated like a slave when back in the Philippines everyone seems to be a unit and most often treated nicely, can drive a person to despair. I do not see why it is a stretch to treat all humans we come into contact with with respect and kindness. This would be so much a better world if people did not have superior attitudes towards their employees or women or other races. I have been a boss and I always expected my employees to do their job and came down on them if they did not, but I also always treated them as equals in all other things and I will never agree with people who look down upon an employee, a woman or a person from a different race, but that is just me and I am trying to have the world head in a better direction and no employee has ever had a bad word to say about me because of how I treated them and to this day, many call me on the phone or email me and tell me that they think of me as family and many have said they love me and think of me often. I am sure that I cannot change others minds such as yours, but I have to wonder how would you or others who think that way feel if the shoe was on the other foot. I believe in doing unto others as I wish them to do unto me and people should always remember that but by the grace of luck and good choices that were available to us, our life is easier than theirs but to those who wish to treat others as inferiors, think about if you come back as one of those inferiors in your next life, that is if there is a next life.
Now I am in a quandary -- my thought is HIM coming back as the General in the INSPECTORS RAMBLINGS post. Imagine the Inspector armed with a fully primed insecticide can and WHOOSHhh. No quandary anymore --that thought does cheers ME.!UK Tomhorse.gif the SAD ASS -- me thinks!
billboard.jpg- General PattonFlamethrower_5.jpgPatton patented!"when the shoes are simply not enough, use the stuff I do when the roaches are in Blitzkrieg" - General Bradley"I give this roach killer two thumbs up, one slap and five stars!" - General Patton"It makes every Thanksgiving worry free" - Mom
AddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gifthumbs-up-smile.gif