Cebu Tours

Guardian
Posted
Posted
Guardian, Paul is a friend of the owner so he is allowed to advertise but I agree that post may be a little over the top. Paul, please take that up with Tom off the forum. Thank you in advance.
Wow, the above post sure looks like one big advertisement. Is that allowed on this forum? I do not know any of you in person and only from reading so it is not for me to say but if I was going to take the word of someone, I would take the word of someone who used ot tried to use a business and not someone who makes a post full of advertisements but again I do not know who the poster is and I am not a newbie on this forum or others so please do not even go there.
You also don't use your real name. Where I come from, that is awfully close to being a keyboard commando. I'm openly known here, and on many Philippines related forums and Yahoo Groups. Cebu Tours has been closed for years. I know Tom, the owner of this forum, personally. So, how could my post be an ad, "Guardian"? I have nothing to gain from my post. I don't own a business here. I only promote Cebu with websites I personally pay to maintain.
Lee, thank you for telling me, now I know who he is and I will reserve my real comments until I meet him face to face. :th_exactly: Paul, I am sorry but I did not know that you were the only Paul on this earth and that I should know you from that forum name. :SugarwareZ-034: I will consider using Danny if I arrive alone and late at night but from what Lee has told me, it is pretty easy to get a taxi at the airport and for an extra p100 over the meter I am pretty sure I will have no problem.

paul
Posted
Posted
Paul, I do not wish to get into this on the open forum. We are going way off topic here and the last two posts were uncalled for IMHO. I know I am just as guilty most of the time on your forum so for that I apologize, but again, if you are unhappy with a members post, please take it up with Tom off the forum and you are of course welcome to make a comment for a subject, just as I feel others can voice their opinions against a subject such as Danny or for it, and I feel it is for members to decide if they want to try or not based on how they feel about a what they read in total.As for Guardian, he is a phone and email buddy of mine and I have seen picture of him and you really do not wish to insult him IMHO and besides that he will hopefully join me next February or the year after. Guardian also introduced himself and why he uses that name and it was because he was part of a motorcycle gang or club by the same name years ago or something like that. I really do not think you should just come on here and blast people without doing some more research by reading some of their posts. JMHOAnyway Paul, I really appreciate your taking the time to help members get to know how good Danny is and I have never used him but met one of his guys who picked up the other Lee at the Diplomat earlier this year and he was on time that evening and maybe even a few minutes early. Also, I think your comment about forum names was uncalled for, since most people who use forums do not use their own names and you use admin more than you use Paul on your own forum. Tom uses Boss Man, so by your standards then Tom must be hiding too.added, so lets just all drop this here and get back to the topic at hand. :SugarwareZ-034:
LOL, then you shouldn't have posted your reply. :th_exactly: Anyway, I wasn't "unhappy" with anyone's post. I was merely letting the new guy, MikeB, know that Danny isn't always available, although people may think he is. Without expressly asking for him to take them on a tour of Cebu ( see? I'm staying on topic here. :lol: ), he may simply not be available. Guardian, who doesn't know me at all, decided to post, apparently being somewhat new to forums himself. That is all I was saying. Now, if I hurt anyone's feelings, I'm sorry. :)

paul
Posted
Posted
Guardian, Paul is a friend of the owner so he is allowed to advertise but I agree that post may be a little over the top. Paul, please take that up with Tom off the forum. Thank you in advance.
Wow, the above post sure looks like one big advertisement. Is that allowed on this forum? I do not know any of you in person and only from reading so it is not for me to say but if I was going to take the word of someone, I would take the word of someone who used ot tried to use a business and not someone who makes a post full of advertisements but again I do not know who the poster is and I am not a newbie on this forum or others so please do not even go there.
You also don't use your real name. Where I come from, that is awfully close to being a keyboard commando. I'm openly known here, and on many Philippines related forums and Yahoo Groups. Cebu Tours has been closed for years. I know Tom, the owner of this forum, personally. So, how could my post be an ad, "Guardian"? I have nothing to gain from my post. I don't own a business here. I only promote Cebu with websites I personally pay to maintain.
Lee, thank you for telling me, now I know who he is and I will reserve my real comments until I meet him face to face. :th_exactly: Paul, I am sorry but I did not know that you were the only Paul on this earth and that I should know you from that forum name. :SugarwareZ-034: I will consider using Danny if I arrive alone and late at night but from what Lee has told me, it is pretty easy to get a taxi at the airport and for an extra p100 over the meter I am pretty sure I will have no problem.
No worries. I apologize as well. At least now you know I am THE Paul. :lol: Seriously man, Danny is a righteous guy. I have known him for years. Even not long after I met him, he returned change to me a few days later, when he was on my side of town.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Some days I wish I stayed in bed.Anyway in any business whether its a taxi service or funeral parlor there is going to be some dissatisfied customers from time to time. People make mistakes no matter what or someone has a different expectation to the service they receive.I used Danny's service once without a problem,I text him and made the arrangements for him to drive all the way to Daananbantayan to pick me up and take me back to the city.He was on time and fare was well inline to the distance of the trip.There are other good drivers to be found as well from what I have read.Someone mentioned here that the drivers from Montebello are worth considering,this might be correct but once I was staying there and at the time there were no taxis pulling into the hotel,the porter suggested using their driver for a certain price,I said no as I knew the taxi fare to where I was going and it was much cheaper by taxi,eventually we agreed on a price and off I went,we arrived but ofcorse the driver could not give me change,lol So the moral of the story is when choosing a service such as Danny's make a decision on the amount of positive feedback rather than a few negative,you see this on sites like ebay,someone has 500 positive feedbacks and 10 negative, not hard to decide if that person is trustworthy or not.auto_wos2.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have had a couple of PMs over this topic so I will address it here and now since this got out of hand and 2 posts having to be deleted.Members are reminded not to attack the poster.If you feel something is wrong with a post contact a mod to review it.Every member has the same right to an opinion whether they are a newbie or if they use an alias for a screen name which most of us do.The only person with an exception to any forum rules is Santa Claus as he is magicNow lets move on thumbsup.gif

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I'm amazed that my comment about Danny would generate such venom, and I don't know what "hang around for the long haul" means. Yes, I am new to this forum - so what? My one (and only) experience w/Danny was last February; only several months ago. I was surprised that after emailing and phoning him for 2 months neither he nor anyone showed up to pick us up and, since that was my 1st time in Cebu and I was unfamilair with the city, I was disappointed. This individual gets a lot of free publicity here and on other sites and I was merely pointing out that there are many honest and good drivers that work with the various hotels so he isn't the only option.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
I'm amazed that my comment about Danny would generate such venom, and I don't know what "hang around for the long haul" means. Yes, I am new to this forum - so what? My one (and only) experience w/Danny was last February; only several months ago. I was surprised that after emailing and phoning him for 2 months neither he nor anyone showed up to pick us up and, since that was my 1st time in Cebu and I was unfamilair with the city, I was disappointed. This individual gets a lot of free publicity here and on other sites and I was merely pointing out that there are many honest and good drivers that work with the various hotels so he isn't the only option.
Mike, we had no problem with you posting your experience with Danny. I feel the good and the bad should be allowed, just as long as no one goes overboard. Your post was OK in my opinion, and Paul is the owner of the other forums he listed, and Danny is his friend, so I think he got too upset. There is always good and bad with every business and some may have a good experience and another may not. Sometimes it is communication and sometimes it is time and date changes and some people do not take into account the date they actually arrive. I have found that communication is often the problem and I have to wonder how many times Danny has had to go to the airport and the people who he is waiting for never arrived, so maybe he was there the wrong date or maybe he just forgot or did not have someone to cover it, the second and thrid ones are not really a good excuses but the wrong date might be.I made a post about how to catch a taxi for a low price on here somewhere under transportation and if you read that then the next time will be easier for you. No need to get ripped off, that is for sure. Added. Here is the post I was talking about. How to get a taxi at Mactan without getting ripped off Edited by Mr. Lee