Bi Deports Fugitive New Zealander

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

TheMason
Posted
Posted

When you arrive in the Philippines, the disembarkation card does NOT ask if you have a criminal record. I have never been asked this question by immigration at the airport either. The form (MCL 07-02) to extend your tourist visa doesn't ask about a criminal record either. When I applied for my 13(a) probationary and conversion to permanent, I was not asked about a criminal record. I wonder what the guy was doing that he got arrested for in the Philippines in the first place. Generally, you've got to be making a real nuisance of yourself to get arrested here. Whether he lied about his criminal record or not, I wouldn't have a problem with a criminal record getting you deported. Let your home country worry about whether you've been rehabilitated or not, the Philippines has enough criminals of their own, they don't need foreign ones as well.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
When you arrive in the Philippines, the disembarkation card does NOT ask if you have a criminal record. I have never been asked this question by immigration at the airport either. The form (MCL 07-02) to extend your tourist visa doesn't ask about a criminal record either. When I applied for my 13(a) probationary and conversion to permanent, I was not asked about a criminal record. I wonder what the guy was doing that he got arrested for in the Philippines in the first place. Generally, you've got to be making a real nuisance of yourself to get arrested here. Whether he lied about his criminal record or not, I wouldn't have a problem with a criminal record getting you deported. Let your home country worry about whether you've been rehabilitated or not, the Philippines has enough criminals of their own, they don't need foreign ones as well.
The story said he was wanted in New Zealand for breaching his parole conditions,(leaving the country) so they were looking for him and not just a random arrest by the sound of it.I think if anyone applys for a visa in their own country to travel to the Philippines then the question is asked about criminal conviction.Now I don't agree with the Masons comment about rehabilitation and crims where a visa is concerned,what if when you were 17 and did something silly which got you a conviction,now your 55 and never been in trouble since then,in your opinion that person should not be allowed in the Philippines ?

Singers
Posted
Posted
The story said he was wanted in New Zealand for breaching his parole conditions,(leaving the country) so they were looking for him and not just a random arrest by the sound of it.I think if anyone applys for a visa in their own country to travel to the Philippines then the question is asked about criminal conviction.Now I don't agree with the Masons comment about rehabilitation and crims where a visa is concerned,what if when you were 17 and did something silly which got you a conviction,now your 55 and never been in trouble since then,in your opinion that person should not be allowed in the Philippines ?
My 13A application required me to have a "police clearance" letter attached.? At the Embassy I was told "you don't need that."It is a question embedded in the London PI Embassy application forms but it appears "Ambassador's Discretion" is allowed.In my case -- 3rd. Secretary's assistants cousins filing Clerk - once removed ... Do the Crime AND then the TIME should clean the slate -- IMO -- particularly if a non offender since the offense.SugarwareZ-003.gif

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)
I understand what you're saying, but I think if you are a convicted felon losing the right to travel internationally isn't an unreasonable punishment. Incidentally, Canada already handles immigration this way. If you are a convicted felon you cannot enter Canada no matter what the crime was or how long ago it was. They will turn you back at the border if they find out about. There are a lot of stories about Americans being denied entry to Canada because of drunk driving convictions that happened over 10 years ago. Its a tough policy, but not an unreasonable one.Correction: Canada doesn't bar you from entry for felony convictions over 10 years ago provided there have been no other convictions (including misdemeanors) since then. Edited by TheMason

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I understand what you're saying, but I think if you are a convicted felon losing the right to travel internationally isn't an unreasonable punishment. Incidentally, Canada already handles immigration this way. If you are a convicted felon you cannot enter Canada no matter what the crime was or how long ago it was. They will turn you back at the border if they find out about. There are a lot of stories about Americans being denied entry to Canada because of drunk driving convictions that happened over 10 years ago. Its a tough policy, but not an unreasonable one.Correction: Canada doesn't bar you from entry for felony convictions over 10 years ago provided there have been no other convictions (including misdemeanors) since then.
I respect your opinion but still don't believe that the right to travel once you have done your time or what ever punishment is,is reasonable. To me it depends on the severity of the crime,yes other country's should not have to take murders the day after release but if they have done nothing wrong for x amount of years after then why are they different to others.A good law abiding citizen could turn bad at any moment.

Travis
Posted
Posted

ok you guys have voiced your opinion so I will say mine if a person was convicted of a serious crime then execute the bastard 728.gif but if they cannot execute the trash then definitely do not let him into the Philippines cuz there is enough scum foreigners here already who use & abuse the poor people 23_11_62[1].gif & we do not need any more like that here th_fluch.gif dont get me started cuz I have met way to many scum foreigners here with their gfs young enough to be my great great great great grand daughters & to make it worse they treat them like slaves & the girls do not even seem to complain wt-hell.gif

manabouttown
Posted
Posted (edited)
ok you guys have voiced your opinion so I will say mine if a person was convicted of a serious crime then execute the bastard 728.gif but if they cannot execute the trash then definitely do not let him into the Philippines cuz there is enough scum foreigners here already who use & abuse the poor people 23_11_62[1].gif & we do not need any more like that here th_fluch.gif dont get me started cuz I have met way to many scum foreigners here with their gfs young enough to be my great great great great grand daughters & to make it worse they treat them like slaves & the girls do not even seem to complain wt-hell.gif
Hi to allyour idea traveler of not letting a convicted criminal in sounds like the rest of the sh&t,i am an ex crim and probably a better person than you. whats it got to do with you anyway? sounds like you are the one who is doing wrong behind closed doors as its usually those who scream the loudest are the ones with something to hide.i have no problem with having a young girlfriend either,a girl i am seeing just now will turn 17 next month,big dealhave a nice day :tiphat: Edited by Mr. Lee
insult edited out

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi to allyour idea traveler of not letting a convicted criminal in sounds like the rest of the sh&t,i am an ex crim and probably a better person than you. whats it got to do with you anyway? sounds like you are the one who is doing wrong behind closed doors as its usually those who scream the loudest are the ones with something to hide.i have no problem with having a young girlfriend either,a girl i am seeing just now will turn 17 next month,big dealhave a nice day :tiphat:
Hi AboutTown,You got that right. :agree:If your GF has not passed her "SellBy" date and you celebrate her birthday together next month then please wish her "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!!:cheersty:FromTom & Tex Edited by Mr. Lee
edited out manabouttown insult

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi to allyour idea traveler of not letting a convicted criminal in sounds like the rest of the sh&t,i am an ex crim and probably a better person than you. whats it got to do with you anyway? sounds like you are the one who is doing wrong behind closed doors as its usually those who scream the loudest are the ones with something to hide.i have no problem with having a young girlfriend either,a girl i am seeing just now will turn 17 next month,big dealhave a nice day :tiphat:
You're a perfect example of the pathetic loser that should be kept in your home country and now inflicted on the global community. Hopefully you'll get busted with your underage girl so you can get ass-raped in a Filipino jail. Once a criminal, always a criminal. You're proving the point by hooking up with minors in the Philippines. Have a nice day. Edited by Mr. Lee
edited out manabouttown insult