Bi Deports Fugitive New Zealander

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Your apology is accepted as far as I am concerned and that is the exact reason why we will usually not ban an otherwise good member for making a first mistake in judgment. We all (including myself) make mistakes because we are human and therefore all deserve a second chance and IMO that goes for in life as well, so each crime also has to be judged on a case by case basis and some people who commit sick crimes cannot be fixed IMO while others who just make mistakes in judgment deserve a break once they have served their time.

Travis
Posted
Posted
ok you guys have voiced your opinion so I will say mine if a person was convicted of a serious crime then execute the bastard 728.gif but if they cannot execute the trash then definitely do not let him into the Philippines cuz there is enough scum foreigners here already who use & abuse the poor people 23_11_62[1].gif & we do not need any more like that here th_fluch.gif dont get me started cuz I have met way to many scum foreigners here with their gfs young enough to be my great great great great grand daughters & to make it worse they treat them like slaves & the girls do not even seem to complain wt-hell.gif
Hi to allyour idea traveler of not letting a convicted criminal in sounds like the rest of the sh&t,i am an ex crim and probably a better person than you. whats it got to do with you anyway? sounds like you are the one who is doing wrong behind closed doors as its usually those who scream the loudest are the ones with something to hide.i have no problem with having a young girlfriend either,a girl i am seeing just now will turn 17 next month,big dealhave a nice day 714_full_of_crap.gif
I am not sure what he said to insult me but if he keeps going out with a 16 yo then he will be one less we will have to worry about here & his post just proves my point, a person who breaks the law will not respect the laws and will break them again cuz a criminal always has a criminal mentality
Hi to all Please allow me to apologize to the member's and moderators,you see today is a painful day for me of which i should not have posted at all but the way some people put all criminals into the one basket got me more upset.let me explain,its the anniversary of why i am a ex crim- many years ago as young foolish lad my friend who was celebrating his birthday with me and some others who got very drunk,short story is i stole his moms car and the 2 of us took off ending in the death of my friend when the car hit a tree.i did my time for his death and still do today but nothing could change what happened and the pain i caused his family. i moved on in life but still i am a crim in the eyes of some people. So there for i should be confined to my own country for life by some members thinking.??My girlfriend who i love dearly and are seeing before her 17 birthday is my youngest daughter from my second marriage,she is coming to visit me here in Cebu for 10 days,you see it was a point i was making that some peoples thinking and putting every one in the one basket that has made a huge life changing mistake is wrong. i pose no threat to anyone here so why should i not be allowed to live my life as i want to in another country.
Your apology is accepted as far as I am concerned and that is the exact reason why we will usually not ban an otherwise good member for making a first mistake in judgment. We all (including myself) make mistakes because we are human and therefore all deserve a second chance and IMO that goes for in life as well, so each crime also has to be judged on a case by case basis and some people who commit sick crimes cannot be fixed IMO while others who just make mistakes in judgment deserve a break once they have served their time. 11_12_14[1].gif and lets all be good to each other whenever possible. Now last, many of us from different countries apparently use different terms for different things and that is yet another reason that we all have to be careful to not get too upset when someone says something we take as being a problem and I took what manabouttown said about his gf to mean someone he was dating as in having sex with or eventually having sex with, I am still not totally sure what he means by what he said but I am willing to give everyone a chance. Innocent until proven guilty and I just hope he does not mean gf in the sense that it means to me and instead means it as a girl who is a friend. Lets all try our best to get along.
Thank you Mr Leethe reference to girl friend was just my way of making a point about putting every one into one basket,because im an ex crim some people immediately said things like once a crim always a crim and more.my daughter is just my much loved daughter,nothing sinister about it at all,i dont know what people will think when they see me with a young girl in the mall but since she is white probably nothing but if she was filipina they would think im that crim again that should be deported.
I worked in a state penitentiary & then worked on a parole board & I have seen the worst of the worst & those who claim to have found God & that they will never do it again but they do do it again or do a different crime & the revolving door of prisons proves it, so maybe you are different but my opinion is that most are not & I hope you are one of the few who are. good luck with your visit with your daughter

Singers
Posted
Posted
I thought a 26 year old guy could have a 16 year girlfriend, because he is not more than 10 years in age difference, I have read somewhere the age of consent is 12 years of age, providing the partner is no more than 10 years age difference.I hope in 10 years time when my daughter will be 15 years old, and I am out shopping with her, people do not think I am a dirty old man out with a young girl, You cannot judge things on what you just see with your eyes.Also once a criminal always a criminal is definately wrong, I once did a very terrible thing. and given the same circumstances. I would do it again, without hesitation, But that doesnt make me a bad man, Anybody who knows me will tell you that I am a good kind hearted person who will do anything to help people, But sh&t on me, and thats your lot.Regards a very very nice man cheersty.gif
My friends say I am a Good man and some of the Professional people in town have told Tex that I am also well respected in our community.Others, I don't use "enemies" as I give them NO thought, may say otherwise. I could not give a SH1T. I was reared to see the good in people - to forgive where remorse is shown AND TO never sit in JUDGEMENT as "There but for the Grace of God" could be me. As you say BROCK "that doesnt make me a bad man" for having stood up for yourself and I do the same. I have broken heads. Now just leave me in peace - please.Intolerance is not a trait I admire. As I said earlier in this Post Doing the Time SHOULD clean the slate and restricted travel is a VERY harsh life penalty.UK Tom
Hello manaboutown, I'm not a big poster on this or any other site, but I do feel that too many people seem to be sitting in judgment over others, Perhaps it's just too much time on there hands, I agree with Tom's sentiments "There but for the Grace of God go I" John
Hi John,Correct! Too much time on their hands allows their "Sh1t for brains" to ferment into poisonous, bitter and ill judged comment. Usually directed at their "BETTERS"??.UK Tom SugarwareZ-002.gif

TheMason
Posted
Posted

In the US, the recidivism rate is extremely high. As of June 2006, 67% of all inmates released from prison will be re-arrested and 53% will be re-incarcerated within 3 years. So what does that tell me? It tells me that for the majority of people who go to jail the statement 'Once a criminal, always a criminal' is not an unfounded one. I'm sorry if that offends people on this board, but the facts are the facts.When it comes to countries evaluating which foreigners they should admit and which they should bar, I think looking at criminal backgrounds and barring convicted felons from entry is perfectly reasonable. If someone has already proven they cannot abide by the rules of their own society, why give them admission to yours? To put it on a more personal level, if I meet someone who robbed their neighbor's house, you can bet I'm not letting them inside my house. Maybe they're rehabilitated and won't steal my stuff, but why take the chance?International travel is not a God-given birthright. It is a privilege that is bestowed upon us by the country we are visiting. Obviously, there are cases where someone has made an honest mistake, served their time, and changed their life for the better. To those people, I say congratulations. However, if I'm an immigration office in Manila, how do I know if you are one of those people or if you are one of the 67% of criminals that will have further problems with the law? There is no way of knowing, so the conservative and more protective approach is to bar entry for convicted felons.Bottom line is, if you want to travel internationally without any restrictions, make sure you are a law-abiding citizen and you won't have any problems. Millions and millions of people never go to jail or are even arrested in their entire life. Its not so hard to do.

manabouttown
Posted
Posted
In the US, the recidivism rate is extremely high. As of June 2006, 67% of all inmates released from prison will be re-arrested and 53% will be re-incarcerated within 3 years. So what does that tell me? It tells me that for the majority of people who go to jail the statement 'Once a criminal, always a criminal' is not an unfounded one. I'm sorry if that offends people on this board, but the facts are the facts.When it comes to countries evaluating which foreigners they should admit and which they should bar, I think looking at criminal backgrounds and barring convicted felons from entry is perfectly reasonable. If someone has already proven they cannot abide by the rules of their own society, why give them admission to yours? To put it on a more personal level, if I meet someone who robbed their neighbor's house, you can bet I'm not letting them inside my house. Maybe they're rehabilitated and won't steal my stuff, but why take the chance?International travel is not a God-given birthright. It is a privilege that is bestowed upon us by the country we are visiting. Obviously, there are cases where someone has made an honest mistake, served their time, and changed their life for the better. To those people, I say congratulations. However, if I'm an immigration office in Manila, how do I know if you are one of those people or if you are one of the 67% of criminals that will have further problems with the law? There is no way of knowing, so the conservative and more protective approach is to bar entry for convicted felons.Bottom line is, if you want to travel internationally without any restrictions, make sure you are a law-abiding citizen and you won't have any problems. Millions and millions of people never go to jail or are even arrested in their entire life. Its not so hard to do.
hi to alli can see your point mason so why dont we bar every body from

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think we have got off topic and gone as far as we can here so i have split the topic and moved the last post to http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?showtopic=4492&view=findpost&p=20425:th_closed: