Cinco De Mayo Party/ Changed To Friday May 7Th

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

I have been challenged by Chef Robert of the Gustavian to a Mexican food cook off. We'll see how that goes as his schedule is challenging. Regardless, he did give me the go ahead to hold a Cinco de Mayo party at the new Tap Room Pub in Ayala Teraces.So many people have stated that good Mexican is hard, if not impossible to find. Yes there is Maya, but it's not authentic Mexican, it's Neuvo Mexican, although good!So I will work out the details in the next few days with Chef. It will probably be a one price buffet so people can try everything! I'm quite sure that I can get some beer concessions thrown in for forum members. To me, the only good concession is FREE! LOLUp for a good Mexican Party?

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)

You telling me that there are no Mexican food lovers here?

Edited by BobNChe

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted

I used to love Taco Bell, does that count as a mexican food lover, if so, i am SugarwareZ-047.gif

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
I'd ride a skinny mule down 10 miles of bad road for good Mexican food... but I draw the line at plane rides anything over 8,000 miles. Tom (still stuck) in Texas.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I believe that is the last day we will be in Cebu for this trip, so for us it might depend on what time it is.

easy44
Posted
Posted

Hey, I'll be there for sure. Hope you can find some corn tortillas.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I believe that is the last day we will be in Cebu for this trip, so for us it might depend on what time it is.
Lee,you could make it your going away party :36_1_68[1]:,nah :signnvm::lmao: :crack-up:

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
You're going to sleep on the plane anyway! LOL I imagine we will kick it off from 6PM to ???? The new Tap Room is an awesome place! Still looking for the price from Chef Robert. With good cheese, sour cream and beef, which are not cheap, plus free beer and a free tequila shot at the door, I'm guessing P400+ per head. Only a guess!!!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
You're going to sleep on the plane anyway! LOL I imagine we will kick it off from 6PM to ???? The new Tap Room is an awesome place! Still looking for the price from Chef Robert. With good cheese, sour cream and beef, which are not cheap, plus free beer and a free tequila shot at the door, I'm guessing P400+ per head. Only a guess!!!
Thanks for the update, that would be cutting it too close for us but I am sure others would like to go. I guess we will have to catch you all on the next trip back.

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted

I really feel stupid to ask, I am sure its here somewhere, or I am just missing it... But is they a date...... I can see some of you like posting like you know the date, but for the life of me I can not find it... I am sure I will look really stupid when you tell me, but I cant find it......