Cinco De Mayo Party/ Changed To Friday May 7Th

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I really feel stupid to ask,

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted
I really feel stupid to ask, I am sure its here somewhere, or I am just missing it... But is they a date...... I can see some of you like posting like you know the date, but for the life of me I can not find it... I am sure I will look really stupid when you tell me, but I cant find it......
You are not stupid, it is basically a Hispanic cultural holiday, so you would have to either know the Spanish language or have lived in areas where the holiday was practiced. Cinco de Mayo means 5th of May.
Thank you " ole wise one" . See I learned something today, did not know that... Thanks.....

Travis
Posted
Posted
I really feel stupid to ask, I am sure its here somewhere, or I am just missing it... But is they a date...... I can see some of you like posting like you know the date, but for the life of me I can not find it... I am sure I will look really stupid when you tell me, but I cant find it......
don't feel stupid- i thought it was a sandwich with mayo 7_4_17[1].gif

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Due to popular demand, and since Lee can't make it anyway, 23_11_62[1].gifwe have moved the date to Friday the 7th to facilitate more people who work or are out of town. So Friday the 7th at 6 PM!

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Final Details!The price was set at P450+ as he agreed to use the same quality Australian beef that the Gustavian uses in the G-Burger. Plus the beef for the fajitas and the shredded beef will be very good quality versus typical!Two hours of free beer or local spirits are included! May 7th the food starts at 6:30, FREE beer and spirits from 7-9!Menu!!!Tequila shot or margarita at the door!Ground/Shredded Beef and Chicken Burritos/ChimichangasGround/Shredded Beef and Chicken Soft Tacos (I will check into corn tortillas but they are expensive and the quality and availability varies)Cheese Chicken and Chile EnchiladasSpanish RiceRefried BeansChips and SalsaFajitas, Various TypesGuacamolePico de GalloQuesadillas, cheese, beef, chickenBob"s Homemade ChiliChef Robert and I got together yesterday and finalized the menu. Tex, adding some good quality sour cream to your enchiladas should suffice as we had to draw the line somewhere on the number of dishes. His daughter like my Chile so much she wants it for her birthday party. So instead of cooking Chili for 30+, it's 120+. LOLOLThis should be allot of fun! Anybody wanna bring some Spanish music on their iPod?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Final Details!The price was set at P450+ as he agreed to use the same quality Australian beef that the Gustavian uses in the G-Burger. Plus the beef for the fajitas and the shredded beef will be very good quality versus typical!Two hours of free beer or local spirits are included! May 7th the food starts at 6:30, FREE beer and spirits from 7-9!Menu!!!Tequila shot or margarita at the door!Ground/Shredded Beef and Chicken Burritos/ChimichangasGround/Shredded Beef and Chicken Soft Tacos (I will check into corn tortillas but they are expensive and the quality and availability varies)Cheese Chicken and Chile EnchiladasSpanish RiceRefried BeansChips and SalsaFajitas, Various TypesGuacamolePico de GalloQuesadillas, cheese, beef, chickenBob"s Homemade ChiliChef Robert and I got together yesterday and finalized the menu. Tex, adding some good quality sour cream to your enchiladas should suffice as we had to draw the line somewhere on the number of dishes. His daughter like my Chile so much she wants it for her birthday party. So instead of cooking Chili for 30+, it's 120+. LOLOLThis should be allot of fun! Anybody wanna bring some Spanish music on their iPod?
The menu sounds really good,could you arrange take out for me,here's my Australian address....lolSugarwareZ-065.gif

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Just to clarify, they are offering FREE local beer and spirits! Can't include the higher end stuff.Thanks Boss Man, this has been more work that I bargained for, but I hope people enjoy it!

Jake
Posted
Posted
The menu sounds really good,could you arrange take out for me,here's my Australian address....lolSugarwareZ-065.gif
Hello BobNChe,Tequila shots upon entry, followed by the best fart food known to man and the ultimateBob's Homemade Chile, plus cold San Magoo -- save a seat for me please. I would be there in spirit, OK? Respectfully -- Jake

Demeter
Posted
Posted

One of my students invited me to this party. I enjoyed talking to the girls there until one guy approached our table and ruined my evening by trying to make me bow to him. I've had an issue with him and he loves picking on me accusing me of gossiping about him when all I did was state my opinion of him. I am willing to forget everything but I would never ever put up with his acting far superior to me. He was talking so loud and was acting as if I were his servant. He could have just said "Hello" and smiled, I could have just done the same thing, we both could have forgotten everything. But, as long as this guy does not get off his high horses, I will never make friends with him again.I hope, men like him will remember that this is still MY COUNTRY, I am not demanding for respect, all I am asking is DON'T TREAT ME AS IF I WERE YOUR SERVANT AND STOP ACTING FAR SUPERIOR TO ME!!!

Jake
Posted
Posted
One of my students invited me to this party. I enjoyed talking to the girls there until one guy approached our table and ruined my evening by trying to make me bow to him. I've had an issue with him and he loves picking on me accusing me of gossiping about him when all I did was state my opinion of him. I am willing to forget everything but I would never ever put up with his acting far superior to me. He was talking so loud and was acting as if I were his servant. He could have just said "Hello" and smiled, I could have just done the same thing, we both could have forgotten everything. But, as long as this guy does not get off his high horses, I will never make friends with him again.I hope, men like him will remember that this is still MY COUNTRY, I am not demanding for respect, all I am asking is DON'T TREAT ME AS IF I WERE YOUR SERVANT AND STOP ACTING FAR SUPERIOR TO ME!!!
I'm very relieved that you stood your ground. I prefer women with more assertiveness and not suffer in silence. You know, the old bahal la na mentality will sometimes invite more verbal abuse from anybody. Maybe you could teach younger women to respond more aggressively.You go girl......! Respectfully -- Jake