Cinco De Mayo Party/ Changed To Friday May 7Th

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
One of my students invited me to this party. I enjoyed talking to the girls there until one guy approached our table and ruined my evening by trying to make me bow to him. I've had an issue with him and he loves picking on me accusing me of gossiping about him when all I did was state my opinion of him. I am willing to forget everything but I would never ever put up with his acting far superior to me. He was talking so loud and was acting as if I were his servant. He could have just said "Hello" and smiled, I could have just done the same thing, we both could have forgotten everything. But, as long as this guy does not get off his high horses, I will never make friends with him again.I hope, men like him will remember that this is still MY COUNTRY, I am not demanding for respect, all I am asking is DON'T TREAT ME AS IF I WERE YOUR SERVANT AND STOP ACTING FAR SUPERIOR TO ME!!!
I can only assume who this person is from the reputation of a few Expats but my assumptions could be wrong.My advice in this situation is ... kick.gifGenerally after a loud sound of agony there will be silence.Problem solvedDisclaimerWe do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The message express the views of the author of the message (ME), not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. :7500:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
One of my students invited me to this party. I enjoyed talking to the girls there until one guy approached our table and ruined my evening by trying to make me bow to him. I've had an issue with him and he loves picking on me accusing me of gossiping about him when all I did was state my opinion of him. I am willing to forget everything but I would never ever put up with his acting far superior to me. He was talking so loud and was acting as if I were his servant. He could have just said "Hello" and smiled, I could have just done the same thing, we both could have forgotten everything. But, as long as this guy does not get off his high horses, I will never make friends with him again.I hope, men like him will remember that this is still MY COUNTRY, I am not demanding for respect, all I am asking is DON'T TREAT ME AS IF I WERE YOUR SERVANT AND STOP ACTING FAR SUPERIOR TO ME!!!
I am sorry to hear that happened and I would not have put up with that type of behavior at any get together that I were to set up, so you and everyone else will always be safe from harassment at this forums get together's.    Edited by Mr. Lee
edit to delete a sentence

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
I am sorry to hear that happened and I would not have put up with that type of behavior at any get together that I were to set up, so you and everyone else will always be safe from harassment at this forums get together's.
There was no real distinction between any forums for this event. Although it was originally posted on another forum, I made sure that all expats in Cebu were invited. But as you could see, I could not have made it too much bigger (40ish) or we would have overrun the restaurant. As I was really busy cooking and organizing, it was impossible to be at every table and partake of all conversations. I am sorry that this happened!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am sorry to hear that happened and I would not have put up with that type of behavior at any get together that I were to set up, so you and everyone else will always be safe from harassment at this forums get together's.
There was no real distinction between any forums for this event. Although it was originally posted on another forum, I made sure that all expats in Cebu were invited. But as you could see, I could not have made it too much bigger (40ish) or we would have overrun the restaurant. As I was really busy cooking and organizing, it was impossible to be at every table and partake of all conversations. I am sorry that this happened!
I am happy to hear that it was a big success. :th_goodidea:  Also please believe me that I was not throwing a zinger at you in any way with my comment.  It is just a shame that some grownups have to act like children and harass others.  :as-if:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK all, I feel we are now straying off topic and need to get back on. I probably am the one to start to stray in my response to Demeter, so I am just correcting my mistake. Demeter can start a topic in off topic or any other appropriate section such as life as an expat and expound on what she posted here as to how a foreigner should never insult a local in their own country (which I believe is illegal and can even lead to deportation if I am not mistaken) or any other proper discussion on a topic.  Much to my chagrin I have decided to trash my post which went off topic and demeters and those posted to it. Thanks all.   :th_Good-Luck:

• 4 weeks later...
Inspector
Posted
Posted
Angie, can you get me a beer? :thumbs-up-smile::508:

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I hope, men like him will remember that this is still MY COUNTRY, I am not demanding for respect, all I am asking is DON'T TREAT ME AS IF I WERE YOUR SERVANT AND STOP ACTING FAR SUPERIOR TO ME!!!
Angie, can you get me a beer? :thumbs-up-smile: :508:
AAaaHhh. "The Inspector did IT" ---- "Arrest Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau"....3_12_31[1].gifUK Tom :whistling:ps. Thanks Lee Edited by Singers
repair quotes

Inspector
Posted
Posted

She's going to kick my arse next time she visits...and then tell me how to say broken leg in Cebuano 5387.gif

• 11 months later...
HAPPY
Posted
Posted
I have been challenged by Chef Robert of the Gustavian to a Mexican food cook off. We'll see how that goes as his schedule is challenging. Regardless, he did give me the go ahead to hold a Cinco de Mayo party at the new Tap Room Pub in Ayala Teraces.So many people have stated that good Mexican is hard, if not impossible to find. Yes there is Maya, but it's not authentic Mexican, it's Neuvo Mexican, although good!So I will work out the details in the next few days with Chef. It will probably be a one price buffet so people can try everything! I'm quite sure that I can get some beer concessions thrown in for forum members. To me, the only good concession is FREE! LOLUp for a good Mexican Party?
OH, I GUESS THIS WAS LAST YEAR LOL LOL

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Sorry that Ellie and I missed this! It would have been a great time to introduce everyone to my beautiful wife. Unfortunately finances were not available to attend. However in path with my positive thinking, I am hoping it may become an annual event, and in that way Ellie and I can attend next year.This is one of the reasons I so appreciate this forum, as members take action to have "get togethers" so we can finally meet face to face.No need to comment on other events at this celebration, it has already been said.I for one am looking forward to meeting everyone, Canadian, American, Aussies, British etc. and most of all Filipinos, (male and female!)Looking forward to next year!Carl