Are The Airports And Taxis Etc Safe

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

So What the Foxtrot ? I'm confused .

Does one flying into manila Airport from the U.S. go through customs and travel to other terminals to get to the Cebu flights from Manila ? I would hope with just 3-6 hour layover in the middle of the night, one would simply hang around the Manila terminal. Luggage SHOULD be put on to the cebu flight. I would hope to clean up a bit for the flight to Cebu and make ready to go through customs /B.I. in Cebu.

Is this untrue ?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Does one flying into manila Airport from the U.S. go through customs and travel to other terminals to get to the Cebu flights from Manila ? I would hope with just 3-6 hour layover in the middle of the night, one would simply hang around the Manila terminal. Luggage SHOULD be put on to the cebu flight. I would hope to clean up a bit for the flight to Cebu and make ready to go through customs /B.I. in Cebu.

Is this untrue ?

It depends on your airline / flights. Look at this map.

http://www.manila-airport.net/Map.cfm

The terminals are not connected. If you fly into T1 (all the international flights except PAL and ANA and Cebu Pacific I guess) then you need to transfer to either the domestic terminal or the new T3. Apparently there are some transfer buses but some here said that service is sporadic. Easier to jump in a taxi. As far as your bag transfer, that depends on what you are told by your airline. I would think that you would be clearing customs in Manila, not Cebu.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Is this untrue ?

NAIA airport in Manila has four terminals.

All international flights arrive at Terminal 1 (the oldest) except for PAL at Terminal 2 (used solely by PAL) and ANA at Terminal 3 (newest). Terminal 4 is solely for domestic flights.

You will go through customs and BI when you arrive before boarding your onward flight. So you will have to retrieve your luggage to go through customs then check it in for your domestic flight. The airport does not have very good transportation between terminals... just buses that are overcrowded and don't run regularly from what I have heard. Normally you have to get a taxi between terminals which cost me 150 pesos.

Cebu Pacific uses Terminal 3 so if you don't want to travel between terminals your only option would be to book a flight to Manila that uses ANA for the flight into NAIA. They are a partner with United Airlines and I have used UA and ANA for my flights from US to Philippines. I recently booked a flight for Sept which only cost $1030 from Kansas City to Manila booking the flight using the UA website.

Here is a link to more info about NAIA airport:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninoy_Aquino_International_Airport

• Like 1

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys ! I will arrive in manila @ midnight. Not certain how to get to the other terminal for my Cebu flight. My Itinerary states that I land at MNL at terminal 1 1155 hours ( 11:55 am ). From there make my way some how to Terminal 2 and fly into Cebu on an Airbus Industrie. Flight from MNL to CEB departs at 0500 hours ( 5:00 )

Any further advice is greatly appreciated.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"Not certain how to get to the other terminal for my Cebu flight."

Two members gave you detailed answers, did you read them? You have a choice to take a bus that has an erratic schedule and may be crowded or a Taxi.

• Like 1

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

I believe you have misunderstood my meaning Sir. I am referring to the actual application of the above info or rather execution of the route. The time of the night is what is of concern. Maybe taxi's will be plentiful.

God willing....see ya'll soon. ( Word ! )

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

An old thread obviously but will never be outdated.

Re Street kids, when you see them coming, get in there 1st, ask them for money, it confuses them, it usually ends up laughs all round. It's nice if you have a bit of food to give but not important.

On a first visit, I'd advise spending the extra and getting to your hotel/pension whatever safely. That's not to say pay whoever asks what but either pre-arrange a pick-up from the airport or be prepared to pay a negotiated price on arrival, nothing else is worth the hassle when you're tired and inexperienced. Make sure you retrieve any luggage before paying.

Once at your hotel, I like the idea of 'dummies'. Do leave a wallet laying around the room (dropped on the floor) with an amount you can afford to lose. Do leave an old cell phone laying around. If it goes missing you know the score, if it's picked up safely then still be cautious,

Edited by Ruddy_Rooster
  • Like 1