Why Do Some Filipinos Hate Americans?

Travis
Posted
Posted
http://www.gmanews.t...y-protest-march if it were not for the US protecting this country then I wonder where they might be now? am I wrong? I sure do not mean to offend any Filipinos but I do not understand the anti American feelings of some

post-310-12763601577214_thumb.png

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Hi traveler if i can put my 2cents in i dont think some hate Americans i think they dont like what the us government is doing , if you looked at the guy in the forground his shirt had something about globalization and im sure thats what there protesting about ! now thats not to say that there isnt people who really do hate americans there but you can get that in any country !! , here in toronto there is a big g20 summit this month and there is allot of talk about protests and things that could happen and im sure you will see it on the news too canadians protesting the USA but again it doesnt mean they hate americans just the policies of the government ! not the people !!! i hope i have shed some light on this subject from sombody not from the usaNow lets drink some candian beer & get drunk together and talk about our lives in the Philippines :)take care Traveler OldUgly&Cranky :th_interesting:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys,No offense taken Traveler. I agree with OldUgly&Cranky about protesters outside the US Embassy.They are shouting against the US government and not the people in general. I once saw a protest sign that said: Yankees go Home, but please take me with you!Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
http://www.gmanews.t...y-protest-march if it were not for the US protecting this country then I wonder where they might be now? am I wrong? I sure do not mean to offend any Filipinos but I do not understand the anti American feelings of some
I agree with the others that it is mostly the US government policies and the greed of American corporations that people don't like.However, I can give you a few examples otherwise of why Filipinos will not like Americans.In case you are not aware, at the end of the nineteenth century, Filipinos thought they had their independence. The US thought otherwise as they had just been ceded the Philippines in the Spanish American war. Americans committed many attrocities throughout the Philippine while taking control. In one of the worst case scenarios, an American general ordered the death on Samar of all males over the age of 10. There is also a popular story going around of how General Pershing kept Muslims under control on Mindanao by dipping bullets in pigs blood before shooting them dead by firing squad.Otherwise, there are many jealous Filipinos around who have lost their girlfriends to Americans.Regards; Jim
  • Like 1

retired
Posted
Posted

I would agree that all of these protests regard US gov. policy whether raising immigration fees , the Arizona legislature laws or whatever . Personally i find it interesting that a Filipino abroad would bitch about some US policy , state or federal , when in many cases they may be on a work or travel visa rather than a resident . At least in the US they have the freedom to assemble and protest peacefully without fear of deportation . :-)

• 2 weeks later...
ekimswish
Posted
Posted

It's also just easier for some people to hate in generalizations. The world is complicated and some people lack the brain power or will to figure it out.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

The topic, WHY DO FILIPINOS HATE AMERICANS, appears to be an unfair obvious one sided description! I look at people in general and disregard what the color of their skin appears to be, safer that way! Hey, most Filipinos look at any foreigner and just assume they are all Americans, because Filipinos, foreigners and or other ethic groups can't distinguish the nationality of people in general based on appearance alone! So, you posters out there, give some thought before selecting an appropriate title to your personal threads or you maybe tagged as being a racist or whatever else! Playing the race card isn't cool! SugarwareZ-004.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The topic, WHY DO FILIPINOS HATE AMERICANS, appears to be an unfair obvious one sided description! I look at people in general and disregard what the color of their skin appears to be, safer that way! Hey, most Filipinos look at any foreigner and just assume they are all Americans, because Filipinos, foreigners and or other ethic groups can't distinguish the nationality of people in general based on appearance alone! So, you posters out there, give some thought before selecting an appropriate title to your personal threads or you maybe tagged as being a racist or whatever else! Playing the race card isn't cool! SugarwareZ-004.gif
Art, I do not thing Traveler meant anything racist with his remark and I myself have felt the cold shoulder of some upper crust Filipinos who apparently hated Americans by their words and actions and besides that, Traveler said some and not all. Traveler is just learning while living in the Philippines, so curiosity is normal IMO and besides, there are some people in every race that are racists and some Filipinos would naturally be included as racists.

Travis
Posted
Posted
no sir I know I am not a racist in any way & I like most Filipino people very much. sorry if my title came off that way but I did not say it as you wrote it I said SOME as Lee pointed out

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
no sir I know I am not a racist in any way & I like most Filipino people very much. sorry if my title came off that way but I did not say it as you wrote it I said SOME as Lee pointed out
I said just maybe and did not say that your were! How sometimes a little simple word can be misinterpreted in a different way. I was just making a point that, is this another American bashing according to the title?