Why Do Some Filipinos Hate Americans?

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
... the Filipino culture or mindset is to look the other way when they witness a loud mouth drunken slob.... ... WE can at least continue to display even the basic daily courtesy by smiling, friendly greetings and learning to say thank you in their native tongue.
Its a Deal thumbsup.gif. When you and Art and I get together... I'll do my best to hold up Kano expectations and behave in the Kano manner (loud mouth drunken slob) as set out above... BUT, in return I'm going to hold you and Art to your Filipino end of the deal (look the other way.)I can't wait... I'll buy the first 10 rounds (you get 11-20, Art picks up 21-30). cheersty.gif[joke lang].... [sort of]Tom in Texas

Jake
Posted
Posted
... the Filipino culture or mindset is to look the other way when they witness a loud mouth drunken slob.... ... WE can at least continue to display even the basic daily courtesy by smiling, friendly greetings and learning to say thank you in their native tongue.
Its a Deal thumbsup.gif. When you and Art and I get together... I'll do my best to hold up Kano expectations and behave in the Kano manner (loud mouth drunken slob) as set out above... BUT, in return I'm going to hold you and Art to your Filipino end of the deal (look the other way.)I can't wait... I'll buy the first 10 rounds (you get 11-20, Art picks up 21-30). cheersty.gif[joke lang].... [sort of]Tom in Texas
During my young and foolish days in the Navy, I've been known to be a drunken slob. My signature however, was not being a loud mouth butonly loud when passing gas. Then everyone looks the other way. Carbonation in beer needs to escape somehow he, he...... Jake

Inspector
Posted
Posted
One could say that the Koreans, now invading the Philippines like there was no tomorrow, have a growing number of bad apples.Respectfully -- Jake
And yet, you have some odd characters that hate ALL Koreans because of these few bad apples. :bonk:Personally, I find Koreans charming and their culture so hip, despite the fact they are not so poor and would not sleep with an old man to escape poverty (sexpat definition for those who really need to know)...love to see the ladies all dressed up in the only wear on a Saturday night fashion outing in NYC.... all the time, especially at the airport. :565:Oh...and the flight attendants ....mmmmmm..........:th_thholysheep:

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)
One could say that the Koreans, now invading the Philippines like there was no tomorrow, have a growing number of bad apples.Respectfully -- Jake
And yet, you have some odd characters that hate ALL Koreans because of these few bad apples. :bonk:Personally, I find Koreans charming and their culture so hip, despite the fact they are not so poor and would not sleep with an old man to escape poverty (sexpat definition for those who really need to know)...love to see the ladies all dressed up in the only wear on a Saturday night fashion outing in NYC.... all the time, especially at the airport. :565:Oh...and the flight attendants ....mmmmmm..........:D
This is a really tough one for me to reply to. I've got a lot of great Korean friends, and I've seen the good side of their country and culture; but I've also seen the ugly side. I don't want to refer to people, because we're all equal, and all the same. I want to refer to culture. Korean culture has a lot of bad in it. Culture is always changing, however, so the younger Koreans are behaving better all the time. But the older Korean men were raised to be drunken, women-beating, brutes. Not all of them are drunken, women-beating, brutes. But they were all exposed to this way of thinking. They have a lot of insecurities, too, about their history. Being occupied by Japan, dominated historically by China, "saved" by the West, and not-too-long ago, inferior to places like the Philippines, has given them a chip on their shoulder. Taiwan also has a chip on its shoulder towards the Philippines for being superior to Taiwan 30 years ago. Older Taiwanese and Koreans almost feel obligated to do a celebration dance in front of Filipinos and look down their nose at them, just to cement their status as the superior country. So it's no surprise when an older Korean goes on vacation to the Philippines, hangs out at the girly bars acting like a big-shot, disrespecting locals. They do the same thing to their own people back home - age is a license to be a prick in Korea - and they do even worse to the immigrant workers here, whether factory workers or bar-girls in a band. What they're not used to is that people in the Philippines might fight back or have them killed for such disrespect, which is something that doesn't happen in Korea. In Korea, they get away with it. In the Philippines, they don't. One of my favorite stories of Koreans told to me by my brother was when he went to Thailand, and at the airport the old Korean tourists all lined up at the immigration counter for "citizens". When told to go to the "foreigner" counters, they argued and insisted that they were not foreigners, and they were Korean citizens. That's not a made up story. Younger Koreans are nice guys. Older Koreans, due to culture, have a lot of catching up to do. Just my opinion after living in Korea the last 4.5 years. To be fair, I'd be among the worst of them if I grew up in Korea 50 years ago. Edited by ekimswish

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I seen the ugly side too.Seen a old Korean, in a bikers colors mind you...walk into a videoke bar in Angeles City and attempt to sing My Way 12 times...Ry Ray. Needless to say...I was laughing so hard with my then GF I had the entire bar laughing cause I was...:DI still think the ladies are VERY sexy though...:D

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

As a side note to this, I have heard many Filipinos say they hate Koreans too because Koreans often look down on them. As for Korean ladies being sexy, when they actually have some color in their faces (not white like ghosts) then they look pretty nice to me too, and especially since we have a Korean school in our condo building, so when it is after school hours and time for them to go out and party, it is neat when they get into a packed elevator with me in the back because I am coming from a higher floor and they are in those mini, mini skirts and have no choice but to lean back against me.    SugarwareZ-007.gif See, just one more advantage to living in a condo.   SugarwareZ-005.gif

• Like 1