What's Your Most Favorite Filipino Food Dishes?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mine is fresh home made lumpia, (Shanghai style - seasoned ground pork or chopped up pork with mixed vegetables) deep fried golden brown or with the fillings in romaine lettuce wrapped in a freshly home made soft lumpia wrapper with a spicy garlic sauce the way my dearly departed Mother used to make! I truly miss my Mom and think of her when ever I have lumpia at home or at a restaurant! And her pinakbet(a Pinoy veggie dish) was dynomite! But aside from that, Pinoy style BBQ chicken, pork ribs and or on a stick and a cold cold bottle of San Miguel! I'm easy to please! Roast pig over charcoals will do it also! BTW, it isn't complete without the home made Pinoy liver sauce, but the imitation Mang Thomas brand sara (liver sauce) in a bottle will do just fine! 13_4_10[1].gif7_4_17[1].gif23_11_60[2].gifSugarwareZ-003.gif

Edited by MrBBtheFilAm

Jake
Posted
Posted
Mine is fresh home made lumpia, (Shanghai style - seasoned ground pork or chopped up pork with mixed vegetables) deep fried golden brown or with the fillings in romaine lettuce wrapped in a freshly home made soft lumpia wrapper with a spicy garlic sauce the way my dearly departed Mother used to make! I truly miss my Mom and think of her when ever I have lumpia at home or at a restaurant! And her pinakbet was dynomite! But aside from that, Pinoy style BBQ chicken, pork ribs and or on a stick and a cold cold bottle of San Miguel! I'm easy to please! Roast pig over charcoals will do it also! 13_4_10[1].gif7_4_17[1].gif23_11_60[2].gifSugarwareZ-003.gif
Oh yeah, now you're talkin'. I simply can't have enough lumpia with sweet and sour sauce.And then to chase it all down with some cold San Magoo is like heaven in a tropical paradise.As far as road side quickies, late night barbecue with "mystery meat" on a stick is delicioustoo. Reminds me of trying to beat the Cinderella liberty policy in Subic (must be back onbase by midnight) and staggering back to main gate with 3-4 greasy barbecue sticks in yourhand. Aye, masarap!Jake

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I have simple tastes. Pork sisig w/lime and an ice cold SML (or 3). There's probably a thousand different recipes - all bad for you. CANNOT get it here.

Travis
Posted
Posted

so far I like all Filipino dishes I have tried & pancit seems to be my favorite at Gerrys Grill in Ayala but Hukad has good food too & all the rice I can eat included for the price of 1 rice

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I have simple tastes. Pork sisig w/lime and an ice cold SML (or 3). There's probably a thousand different recipes - all bad for you. CANNOT get it here.
You got that right! SISIG is also one of my favorite pulutan and cold cold bottles of San Miguel (1 case will do, just for myself)!

• 3 weeks later...
ekimswish
Posted
Posted

bbq'd pork skewers with a side dish of chili sauce... preferably on the beach with cold beers but also nice at home.

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

Favorite Filipino Food Dishes?The one with no sugar and no MSG..

Edited by Mik

parksb2
Posted
Posted
How about Tosino then :tiphat:

Travis
Posted
Posted
How about Tosino then smile.gif
how about just plain rice SugarwareZ-005.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
How about Tosino then smile.gif
how about just plain rice SugarwareZ-005.gif
Or garlic rice