What's Your Most Favorite Filipino Food Dishes?

oldutot
Posted
Posted

I like a bowl of menudo 7_4_17[1].gif

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

For those who say they love sizzling sisig, I wonder if they know the ingredients in traditional sisig, or are they eating the many variations which abound? Traditional sisig is made from the "mask" of the baboy, including ears, face skin, snout and jowls, and traditionally included brains to make is creamy. Over the years they started to use an egg versus the brains to create the creaminess. Since many Filipinos know that those portions of the pig are not very healthy or appetizing (some say), other cuts of pork were substituted along with variations made from seafood and chicken. These are obviously not traditional, but it has caused a wider audience for sisig including many foreigners.

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

Something with big tender chunks of meat like humba is good. No rice, just meat.Everyone should at least try drinking tuba while snacking on fried chicken intestines. Only outdoors under a tree with some filipinos of course. Remember, don't hold the cup, pass it along..

Edited by Mik

MikeB
Posted
Posted
For those who say they love sizzling sisig, I wonder if they know the ingredients in traditional sisig, or are they eating the many variations which abound? Traditional sisig is made from the "mask" of the baboy, including ears, face skin, snout and jowls, and traditionally included brains to make is creamy. Over the years they started to use an egg versus the brains to create the creaminess. Since many Filipinos know that those portions of the pig are not very healthy or appetizing (some say), other cuts of pork were substituted along with variations made from seafood and chicken. These are obviously not traditional, but it has caused a wider audience for sisig including many foreigners.
Yes, I'm aware of what's used to make traditional sisig, and I will probably not eat it when I'm living there full time, but while on vacation I admit I scarf it down because it goes so good with beer. I'm very careful what I eat, and especially drink, there because I contracted amoebic dysentery during my 1st trip in 2002. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

This may not be a Filipino dish, but it's Asian! What about deep tried tempura of vegetables like egg plant, cabbage, zucchini, bulaklak ng kalibasa (flower of the Filipino squash family), okra, Filipino okoy (Julianned green onions, Carrots, leeks, bean sprouts with shrimp added) and of course seafood tempura of all kinds like large tiger shrimp, oysters and red snapper! SugarwareZ-003.gif23_11_60[2].gif7_4_17[1].gif

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted

Whatever my beautiful Pinay wife sets on the table and asks - "Sweetie, is you food ok?"- is my favorite Filipino dish of the day.SugarwareZ-047.gifTom in Texas

Patsada
Posted
Posted
KINILAW - definitely!
Hey Patsada,Another reason to visit your paradise down in Camiguin. It would be interesting if you couldadd some Italian spices to one of my favorite seafood salads. And to chase it all down withsome cold San Magoo, my life would be complete finally.By the way, your website of luxurious cottages is really like a heaven on earth. I salute yousir!Respectfully -- Jake
thank you very much, indeed!a) I rather wouldn't add Italian elements to a Filipino dish....b) pls note: not our cottages are luxurious, but the privacy you encounter here...Would love to welcome you here one day...krgds,Patsada