What's Your Most Favorite Filipino Food Dishes?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I'm glad this topic is picking up slowly but surely, but it may stop dead in it's tracks again after you read my little add-on menu! In my previous post else where, I kind of made a bad review about one of the Filipino restaurant named Cabalen just across the street from where we live, but I take it all back, because after going back there again, they served my favorite Filipino dish cooked in coconut milk, fresh water SNAILS (escargot for you connoisseurs), you have use a tooth pick to get the little buggers out and suck out the rest of the juices and innards! I must of ate 100 of them buggers, because my plate was full of shells! They also have (Filipino lechon) roast pig there! Their deserts were pretty good too! :tiphat:7_4_17[1].gif

acman
Posted
Posted

Homemade pancit! and bbq

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Filipino foods i like:Lumpia shanghaiPancitLechonManokChicken liver bbqbeef mami (beed noodle soup)sefood tinola (seafood soup)inihaw na pusit (bbq squid)seafod fried riceSquid in a black sauce (i do not remember the name)Mangos!!!!And that's about it. When at home they cook western dishes for me, if out we hardly ever go to filipino restaurant and if so then one of the above will do.To my taste filipino food is not edible and for sure not nutritious. No wonder that nowhere in the world you see any filipino restaurant other than small eateries who are working with local filipino customers.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Filipino foods i like:Lumpia shanghaiPancitLechonManokChicken liver bbqbeef mami (beed noodle soup)sefood tinola (seafood soup)inihaw na pusit (bbq squid)seafod fried riceSquid in a black sauce (i do not remember the name)Mangos!!!!And that's about it. When at home they cook western dishes for me, if out we hardly ever go to Filipino restaurant and if so then one of the above will do.To my taste Filipino food is not edible and for sure not nutritious. No wonder that nowhere in the world you see any Filipino restaurant other than small eateries who are working with local Filipino customers.
Squid in a black sauce, that's called adobong pusit cooked in it's ink! I like that too, but only the way my grandmother makes it, the secret went with her when she passed away many years ago! Try Barrio Fiesta or Cabalen Filipino restaurants near you! In Vallejo, Ca., Goldilocks is a biggy there, because they're not just a bakery, but also a Filipino restaurant!

Patsada
Posted
Posted

KINILAW - definitely!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:3_8_14[1]: I go bananas over banana que    :3_8_14[1]:

post-40-12807999009269_thumb.jpeg

Jake
Posted
Posted
KINILAW - definitely!
Hey Patsada,Another reason to visit your paradise down in Camiguin. It would be interesting if you couldadd some Italian spices to one of my favorite seafood salads. And to chase it all down withsome cold San Magoo, my life would be complete finally.By the way, your website of luxurious cottages is really like a heaven on earth. I salute yousir!Respectfully -- Jake

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
Favorite Filipino Food Dishes?The one with no sugar and no MSG..
How about Tosino then :3_8_14[1]:
That was a joke right? The main ingredient in most tosino recipes is sugar!

parksb2
Posted
Posted
Favorite Filipino Food Dishes?The one with no sugar and no MSG.
Yes a joke; Just full of bull shugar myself sometimes. Most times When I get tosino it's been marinated in SAVOR sauce which is liquid msg, followed by cane/brown sugar..

Jake
Posted
Posted
Favorite Filipino Food Dishes?The one with no sugar and no MSG.
Yes a joke; Just full of bull shugar myself sometimes. Most times When I get tosino it's been marinated in SAVOR sauce which is liquid msg, followed by cane/brown sugar..
Now you're talkin'.... brown sugar desert! It will take your breath away. No wait, arewe still talking about food?DOM forever -- Jake