How Do Some Of The Younger Guys Support Themselves

Travis
Posted
Posted

I see quite a few younger sexpat type guys walking around the malls with their even younger toys on their arms & I wonder how do these guys support themselves while living here? they cannot all be from rich families maybe some of them are & maybe some of them are on some form of dole like social security disability or welfare or I do not know what else so I have to wonder why people who have not reached full retirement age are allowed to collect something they did not really earn & then spend it in a country other than the one that gives them that free money? the funny thing is that many of these guys look healthy other than possibly suffering from the dreaded hand to mouth disease & drinking too much which is probably the cause of them being so very overweight so they have got to be healthy enough to hold down a job. hey maybe that might be a good job for an expat to get into sort of a bounty hunter who observes films & sends movies & of these guys back to their governments along with any info they could find out about them so that those on any form of govt free money could get sent home maybe the governments of countries should check the immigration records of the Philippines & compare them to their dole lists hmmmmmmm

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

I can give you an answer. There are so many jobs international which offer schemes 1 month on 1 month off or 2 on 2 off or 4 on 2 off and so on. (i do a job as such too).The majority of the employees in these jobs are male and many single or divorced or so. The incomes are good for living at any country in the world. These people come in contact with so many expats who live all over the world and work there. The word goes around. There they come they enjoy the life style of sex-pat.

Travis
Posted
Posted
I can give you an answer. There are so many jobs international which offer schemes 1 month on 1 month off or 2 on 2 off or 4 on 2 off and so on. (i do a job as such too).The majority of the employees in these jobs are male and many single or divorced or so. The incomes are good for living at any country in the world. These people come in contact with so many expats who live all over the world and work there. The word goes around. There they come they enjoy the life style of sex-pat.
could account for how some support themselves but probably not those who I see in the malls all the time unless they work 6 month or 1 year shifts on & off

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I see quite a few younger sexpat type guys walking around the malls with their even younger toys on their arms & I wonder how do these guys support themselves while living here? they cannot all be from rich families maybe some of them are & maybe some of them are on some form of dole like social security disability or welfare or I do not know what else so I have to wonder why people who have not reached full retirement age are allowed to collect something they did not really earn & then spend it in a country other than the one that gives them that free money? the funny thing is that many of these guys look healthy other than possibly suffering from the dreaded hand to mouth disease & drinking too much which is probably the cause of them being so very overweight so they have got to be healthy enough to hold down a job. hey maybe that might be a good job for an expat to get into sort of a bounty hunter who observes films & sends movies & of these guys back to their governments along with any info they could find out about them so that those on any form of govt free money could get sent home maybe the governments of countries should check the immigration records of the Philippines & compare them to their dole lists hmmmmmmm
I think the bounty hunter concept is a great idea; sort of a secret agent man, surreptitiously filming their antics. I'm sure their various governments all over the world would be extremely grateful to have this information...unless it's some kind of a global government conspiracy to rid themselves of "undesirables". hmmmmmmm

Travis
Posted
Posted
I think the bounty hunter concept is a great idea; sort of a secret agent man, surreptitiously filming their antics. I'm sure their various governments all over the world would be extremely grateful to have this information...unless it's some kind of a global government conspiracy to rid themselves of "undesirables". hmmmmmmm
so are you saying that ridding themselves of undesirables is a bad thing? I cannot see any downside to that except possibly less bars that cater to those types. I believe the Philippines would be a much nicer place for those of us who are not sexpats without all the sexpat users & abusers of the locals coz many locals see us all as those types & I am sure that is why some of us complain about being treated poorly coz if you were a local & thought all were here to use their people then why not cheat all whites every chance you get to get even

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Just a guess, but I think a lot of the mid-age guys, 35~45 are probably in work they can do online, or are professionals brought to the Philippines to work with whatever international company they were working with back home. This is just assuming they work.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Hey Joe!!! (Sorry, could not resist)Are you talking about jobs like offshore oil workers, or aboard ships??? I'm retired (sort of), old (58) and lazy (definitely)... so I'm not looking for work, th_thimage_265775.gif36_1_68[1].gifbedtime2.gifbut... all I hear on the forums is that there are "no jobs" for foreigners to live in the RP... so I'm curious... what are some of these "so many jobs" you are referring to?Tom in Texas

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hey Joe!!! (Sorry, could not resist)Are you talking about jobs like offshore oil workers, or aboard ships??? I'm retired (sort of), old (58) and lazy (definitely)... so I'm not looking for work, th_thimage_265775.gif36_1_68[1].gifbedtime2.gifbut... all I hear on the forums is that there are "no jobs" for foreigners to live in the RP... so I'm curious... what are some of these "so many jobs" you are referring to?Tom in Texas
Hello Tom,Aren't you that famous gigolo from Texas that visits Cebu on a yearly basis?They say that everything is "big" in Texas, so it's not necessary for you tolook for work, they come to you my friend.Get some -- Jake

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted
Hello Tom,Aren't you that famous gigolo from Texas that visits Cebu on a yearly basis?They say that everything is "big" in Texas, so it's not necessary for you tolook for work, they come to you my friend.Get some -- Jake
Yes, the offshore jobs, the ships, Iraq, rafineries in places such as Nigeria Saudi Arabia. As for jobs for foreigners in Philippines, yes there are if you have the knowledge requirements. I know a few guys working as consultants on FILIPINO companies and agencies getting paid heafty western salaries.Now the retiree from military/navy might have a lot to offer from their knowledge and experience but they do not know where to sell their services plus the local competition is stiff and with way lower salaries.A proper circle of friends is all that you need. If we all count how many are our friends and how many do know what we can offer (other than money to dramas) then perhaps we can realize that we do not find a proper job since we look the wrong way for it. or simply accept the fact that we do not have anything to offer that is not in offer from locals with lower salaries. The job market is offer and demand. Do you have any skill in demand and hardly in offer? If so, pursue it.Personally i do not work while in PI and i do not want to either, my income is enough and i do not need more.

No name
Posted
Posted

There are jobs here but they are not common and one USUALLY has to line them up before they get here.I know some that make enough to get by from writing. I know some that make a lot from writing. I wish I was making enough from my writing to get by. :( Maybe someday... Till then streatchhhhhhhhhhh the pension, at least mine is not SS.....A lot of the young ones though are here on vacation. I see a lot more during spring break and summer break but I'm living out in the jungle basically. Small city of about 80,000 people but nothing but jungle nearby.... Gotta go 80 miles to buy a freaking cigar. hahaI love it.