Why Are They So Afraid Of Allowing Divorce

No name
Posted
Posted

One thing I don't agree with. I have met almost no lazy Filipino. Well, none that I knew were lazy.I think it has more to do with a lack of opportunity and despair of no hope.

No name
Posted
Posted

Traveller is also correct about family being everything here.Though I don't see it as a bad thing. I envy that part of kultura Filipino. Once again, I say, its how you see it or as other said, the mindset.The Philippines is not for everyone.

Travis
Posted
Posted
women here are basically slaves & they wish to keep it that way barefoot & preggy. they are either to just raise the babies the men initiate or to go out to work in the stores & bars to bring or send money home or both. basically second class citizens without rights & even their blood sucking parents & families often feel the same way
Unfortunately, Traveller you are not off base here. The anger toward it, if there, might be but your thoughts are not.I have heard many Filipina say the same kind of thing.I know women that feel they are second class citizens, that is the one's I know well.I try to see things through Filipino eyes and its not every completely possible. But the look at the USA primarily and they see our cars and our 10 lane highways and our 100s of highways just from Memphis to Jackson, Ms. and they see an immense wealth, a wealth most cannot fully understand. Often Filipino think we have never ending cash, heck some American's seem to have never ending cash to me. haha They don't understand us and we don't understand them.The Philippines and how we like it here or don't depends on our own views to a large extent but it also has to do with the people we are lucky enough or unlucky enough to meet. Perhaps you are like me, not very lucky.I don't know your history here. Did you come and hate it and leave never to return? I'm only asking. :) I don't know. Its not for everyone. We don't really pick who we are. We are born into it and the life happens and life is often not very pleasant. Hmm, this may not be coming out. I'm trying to be supportive or at least empathic.
no sir I came to stay & actually like it here. I was mislead by reading some forums that say a person can live here like a king on $1000 a month US & I did not want to believe others who told me that it was not true & now it is getting way to expensive with the exchange rate going against us & the costs of foods & electric & other items continually going up. I did think I would find a good lady & I have found a few but their families frustrated me with their lack of caring for what their daughters wants & only caring about what they want from their daughters to such a degree that they made her miserable while being with poor old me coz I could not afford to give her money for her family & still afford to have my comforts so I kicked her to the curb & we are still friends & she still sees me once in a while & keeps in touch by text. I only live on ss so I am not 1 of those rich kanos they think we all are. if I was richer then I would bring my first lady back to the US with me & probably live happily ever after if she had little contact with her family but I cannot reach the required earnings needed to qualify unless I go back to work & jobs are few so I hope the ladies find a rich generous foreigner but money is not love & I would have given my all & it would have been until death did us part & not end in divorce unless their blood sucking families drove us to it.

parksb2
Posted
Posted
allowing divorce is common sense 'Divorce debate not over' why should the women be forced to live in intolerable marriage while the men go out & play & that is accepted. seems to me that allowing divorce would stop more people from just living together coz that seems to be what is now happening more often than marriage
10 foot pole.. wait no don't touch...

No name
Posted
Posted
no sir I came to stay & actually like it here. I was mislead by reading some forums that say a person can live here like a king on $1000 a month US & I did not want to believe others who told me that it was not true & now it is getting way to expensive with the exchange rate going against us & the costs of foods & electric & other items continually going up. I did think I would find a good lady & I have found a few but their families frustrated me with their lack of caring for what their daughters wants & only caring about what they want from their daughters to such a degree that they made her miserable while being with poor old me coz I could not afford to give her money for her family & still afford to have my comforts so I kicked her to the curb & we are still friends & she still sees me once in a while & keeps in touch by text. I only live on ss so I am not 1 of those rich kanos they think we all are. if I was richer then I would bring my first lady back to the US with me & probably live happily ever after if she had little contact with her family but I cannot reach the required earnings needed to qualify unless I go back to work & jobs are few so I hope the ladies find a rich generous foreigner but money is not love & I would have given my all & it would have been until death did us part & not end in divorce unless their blood sucking families drove us to it.
Awww yeah, it would be hard on $1000 but not impossible. No, you can't funnel anything significant back to the family for that. There certainly seems to be a lot of that going around.Its a shame she couldn't put a stop to that but as you know, pressures on the Filipina in this culture are immense. Pressure from family. i don't think I know how far that goes.So you're still here then. Before you return, you should consider the cost of living in the USA. For me, living in the USA is prohibitive. If I had a home paid for though, that would change everything.Still, I like being treated like a rock star by some Filipina. Its good for my ego after all the rejection from American women. :) hahaI live out in the province of Northern Cebu, in a large four bedroom home. For about $270 a month. That would be a lot on $1000 a month but could do it and can sure get something for a lot less. Still, like you mention, the cost of electricity for my spoiled American body is high and likely to go up.Whatever you do, I'd look hard at making a little extra money on the web. $500 a month goes a long way when you only make $1000 a month. I'm not a rich kano either, my pension (not SS) often runs out at the end of the month though I could cut back on trips to Jollibee. :welcome: Hmm, my spelling seems to be worse than normal at the moment. Dang head ache. It is possible to make money on the web.The only thing that drives me insane about the Philippines is the freaking brownouts. And there's nothing brown about them. Its might black. LOL Regroup, move slow, find a girl with no family. haha I know a guy that's great at that but he also find himself in a mess meeting girls on the street. One stole his camera from him this week, after three days he managed to get back. That guy has an angel looking out for him, I think. He goes into mid town Cebu and meets homeless girls, usually making great friends of them but he does sprinkle the cash around. If I did that, I'd just end up on a slab, I think. I wouldn't sprinkle the cash though. But, he's young. He's always in some kind of mess. LOL Nothing permanent though.if you find her, move out of town! Filipina in their home town have even more pressure on them. Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck.

Travis
Posted
Posted
Awww yeah, it would be hard on $1000 but not impossible. No, you can't funnel anything significant back to the family for that. There certainly seems to be a lot of that going around.Its a shame she couldn't put a stop to that but as you know, pressures on the Filipina in this culture are immense. Pressure from family. i don't think I know how far that goes.So you're still here then. Before you return, you should consider the cost of living in the USA. For me, living in the USA is prohibitive. If I had a home paid for though, that would change everything.Still, I like being treated like a rock star by some Filipina. Its good for my ego after all the rejection from American women. :) hahaI live out in the province of Northern Cebu, in a large four bedroom home. For about $270 a month. That would be a lot on $1000 a month but could do it and can sure get something for a lot less. Still, like you mention, the cost of electricity for my spoiled American body is high and likely to go up.Whatever you do, I'd look hard at making a little extra money on the web. $500 a month goes a long way when you only make $1000 a month. I'm not a rich kano either, my pension (not SS) often runs out at the end of the month though I could cut back on trips to Jollibee. :) Hmm, my spelling seems to be worse than normal at the moment. Dang head ache. It is possible to make money on the web.The only thing that drives me insane about the Philippines is the freaking brownouts. And there's nothing brown about them. Its might black. LOL Regroup, move slow, find a girl with no family. haha I know a guy that's great at that but he also find himself in a mess meeting girls on the street. One stole his camera from him this week, after three days he managed to get back. That guy has an angel looking out for him, I think. He goes into mid town Cebu and meets homeless girls, usually making great friends of them but he does sprinkle the cash around. If I did that, I'd just end up on a slab, I think. I wouldn't sprinkle the cash though. But, he's young. He's always in some kind of mess. LOL Nothing permanent though.if you find her, move out of town! Filipina in their home town have even more pressure on them. Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck.
nothing is impossible if a person wishes to give up their comfort but I am not willing to do so & that was why I moved to Cebu coz it was supposed to be much less expensive to live here. hogwash. yes it is true that some things are less expensive or not needed such as a car or homeowners insurance but overall if I tried to keep the same life I had back home then it cost me the same or more here with less tv programs to watch here. thanks you for the good luck wishes I will need them whatever way I decide to go :yes: :SugarwareZ-034:

No name
Posted
Posted

I agree that if you want the same lifestyle you'll need to go back to the place that provided it.Its just not possible here at any price.

• 7 months later...
Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is news for me: divorce not allowed? Oh...and the Pope has not much to do with it. Not even the Italians listen him anymore and divorce is allowed in Italy!

Edited by wallaby

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
This is news for me: divorce not allowed? Oh...and the Pope has not much to do with it. Not even the Italians listen him anymore and divorce is allowed in Italy!
Only annulment is allowed in the Philippines and it cost a few thousand dollars and lots of time to get accomplished. Possibly best to meet a single lady who is not already married and separated, far less problems to deal with.

brock
Posted
Posted
This is news for me: divorce not allowed?Oh...and the Pope has not much to do with it. Not even the Italians listen him anymore and divorce is allowed in Italy!
Only annulment is allowed in the Philippines and it cost a few thousand dollars and lots of time to get accomplished. Possibly best to meet a single lady who is not already married and separated, far less problems to deal with.
I think I have read somewhere that Divorce is allowed in the Philippines...If you are a muslim.