Why Are They So Afraid Of Allowing Divorce

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
This is news for me: divorce not allowed?Oh...and the Pope has not much to do with it. Not even the Italians listen him anymore and divorce is allowed in Italy!
Only annulment is allowed in the Philippines and it cost a few thousand dollars and lots of time to get accomplished. Possibly best to meet a single lady who is not already married and separated, far less problems to deal with.
I think I have read somewhere that Divorce is allowed in the Philippines...If you are a muslim.
who is that beautiful angel in your avatar? blonde.gif

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
This is news for me: divorce not allowed?Oh...and the Pope has not much to do with it. Not even the Italians listen him anymore and divorce is allowed in Italy!
To be clear if two Filipino citizens marry in the Philippines there is no provision for divorce. This is the reason so many Filipinos are “separated” they don’t have the money to get an annulment. If a Foreigner marries a Filipino citizen in the Philippines or in the home country of the Foreigner the rules of that home country will be active. Most countries allow divorce.A good trivia question I think. I think Brocks avatar is of his wife Che Che.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
To be clear if two Filipino citizens marry in the Philippines there is no provision for divorce. This is the reason so many Filipinos are “separated” they don’t have the money to get an annulment. If a Foreigner marries a Filipino citizen in the Philippines or in the home country of the Foreigner the rules of that home country will be active. Most countries allow divorce.A good trivia question I think. I think Brocks avatar is of his wife Che Che.
I do not know the Muslim rule, but why would they want a divorce when they can have as many wives as they can afford to have. :unsure:Speaking of CheChe, we have not seen her on in a long time and I wonder why? Brock do you know?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Isn't the old saying that "it's cheaper to keep her" in the U.S. and other foreign countries the truth, but a lot of men couldn't stand being on the other side of the coin, which I mean to say is that they couldn't face each other any longer and still went ahead getting a divorce! Now they come to the Philippines because it's cheaper here to get their jollies, but in the process some fall in love again and end up getting married to a Filipina no matter what the age difference is between the two of them! So since divorce isn't allowed in the Philippines, some just decide to separate since an annulment is expensive and time consuming or they just leave the Philippines when their relationship or marriage goes sour again and look for greener pastures elsewhere! Since I haven't answered the question, it's a cultural thing in the Philippines to keep the family together by any means and the no divorce law is the last and final ruling with the Catholic church and the Philippine government! SugarwareZ-034.gif

Edited by Art2ro

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So since divorce isn't allowed in the Philippines, some just decide to separate since an annulment is expensive and time consuming or they just leave the Philippines when their relationship or marriage goes sour again and look for greener pastures elsewhere! SugarwareZ-034.gif
Or some just bury there wife in the backyard and continue life as normal Mad.gif

brock
Posted
Posted
I do not know the Muslim rule, but why would they want a divorce when they can have as many wives as they can afford to have. :541:Speaking of CheChe, we have not seen her on in a long time and I wonder why? Brock do you know?
Tom, If you have many wives, Do`nt forget you also have many mother inlaws too.:)Che Che`s laptop is broken, needs a new mother board or something, And she is too tight with money to spend much time in an internet cafe,So I have to find a new laptop for her.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
So since divorce isn't allowed in the Philippines, some just decide to separate since an annulment is expensive and time consuming or they just leave the Philippines when their relationship or marriage goes sour again and look for greener pastures elsewhere! SugarwareZ-034.gif
Or some just bury there wife in the backyard and continue life as normal Mad.gif
:541: as some just love2 win alot :AddEmoticons04230: :thats-funny:seriously DIVORCE WAS ALLOWED until 1950, for those who read history, under the 1943 Constitution it was permitted too.