Does Anyone Know A Way Around The Poverty Level

Travis
Posted
Posted

is there anyway around having to make the 125% of the poverty level for 2 in order to be approved for a fiancee visa?

acman
Posted
Posted
is there anyway around having to make the 125% of the poverty level for 2 in order to be approved for a fiancee visa?
Get a co-sponsor
  • Like 1

Travis
Posted
Posted
Get a co-sponsor
thank you but I read the rules & it appears that the cosponsor has to have the same 125% so we cannot combine incomes to meet the amount needed & the few friends I have that might be willing to do that are in the same situation I am in http://www.hooyou.com/familybased/faq.html
  1. What is the income requirement for a co-sponsor?

1. Basically, the co-sponsor must have an income 125% above the federal poverty lines

No name
Posted
Posted
If you can't afford a Filipina here there is no way you can afford her back in the good old USA.

softail
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you can't afford a Filipina here there is no way you can afford her back in the good old USA.  
That is a very good point.  When that little lady gets here to the US she is going to start wanting things.  Nicer clothes and so on and if you are on as tight a budget as you say you are that could be a real problem.Doug and Sally Edited by Mr. Lee
repair quote

No name
Posted
Posted
That is a very good point. When that little lady gets here to the US she is going to start wanting things. Nicer clothes and so on and if you are on as tight a budget as you say you are that could be a real problem.Doug and Sally
Something else one should remember, no matter how far you run, you'll still be there. I give MYSELF that little reality check from time to time. I wonder if I put that in my expat bible. Sounds like a commandment to me.... Or maybe the golden rule...

Travis
Posted
Posted
you are probably correct & I was just pulling at straws hoping for a sollution coz the lady is great but her family puts too much pressure on her for money that she becomes miserable & cries or goes silent right after getting a text from them. we can be having a great day out eating & movies & then watching tv or listening to some nice music & then comes the text & it all goes to hell. I hate those damned cell phones

No name
Posted
Posted
you are probably correct & I was just pulling at straws hoping for a sollution coz the lady is great but her family puts too much pressure on her for money that she becomes miserable & cries or goes silent right after getting a text from them. we can be having a great day out eating & movies & then watching tv or listening to some nice music & then comes the text & it all goes to hell. I hate those damned cell phones
You're problem is not the Philippines, its the girl. Taking her back to the USA is not going to solve that issue. Stop giving it to them and she will stop it. Maybe you're and old softie and can't stand to see her miserable. The misery is a show to manipulate you. Its total BS, she's playing you, take the bow string away or just give her the money. Perhaps decide what you will send back to them each month and let that be the end of it? If you keep responding in the way she wants, she's going to keep doing. I know you know all this.If you move, it will be an email, it wont do any good. My girl has never asked me for money to send to the Philippines. That doesn't mean she never figured out a way to do it without asking. ;)Traveler, your not gonna solve these problems by changing location. Xanax might help though. :shooter: Where's mine...... :as-if:

No name
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, i've been fighting with a sales page all day for an eBook. If I sound harsh, just ignore it. I'll come back when I'm not so tense. :)Wish you the best of luck traveler.

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Traveler, If she makes you happy, and you know this person, Go for it. nothing is easy in life. The both of you can work for a living. My wife and myself struggled to make our marriage work. And now enjoying the fruit of our labour. It irks me at times when guys voice theirs thoughts and experiences with Filipinas.