Does Anyone Know A Way Around The Poverty Level

Norseman
Posted
Posted (edited)

You must supply to the Immigration a copy of your Taxes from the IRS. Contained in there is you income level. $18,000 for you and your wife$23,000 for you wife and child http://travel.state....grams_4437.html

When processing immigrant visa cases subject to the Affidavit of Support (I-864) requirement under INA 212(a)(4)©, posts must use the figures in the column on the right side (125 percent of poverty guidelines) as the minimum income that a petitioner and/or a joint sponsor must demonstrate, or the column on the left (100 percent) for an active member of the U.S. Armed Forces sponsoring his or her spouse or children.
Edited by Norseman

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
What is this poverty level thing. First I have heard of it. I have only been married about a year and was going to get my wifes VISA after the first of the year. What am I missing? I have not read anything in the VISA application about any poverty level or anything like that.
Affidavit of Support is one of the US emigration requirements it stipulates income levels needed. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Garpo
Posted
Posted
What is this poverty level thing. First I have heard of it. I have only been married about a year and was going to get my wifes VISA after the first of the year. What am I missing? I have not read anything in the VISA application about any poverty level or anything like that.
Affidavit of Support is one of the US emigration requirements it stipulates income levels needed. http://www.uscis.gov...000082ca60aRCRD
What about this section? Say that the affidavit of support does not have to be filed until after spouse is already in the US and their status is changed. Affidavit of Support For Fiancé(e), Spouse, or Child as a “K” NonimmigrantIf your relative is either a “K-1” fiancé(e), a “K-3” spouse, or a “K-2” or “K-4” child of fiancé(e) or spouse, you do not need to submit an affidavit of support at the time you file your Form I-129F petition. Instead, you should submit an affidavit of support at the time that your fiancé(e), spouse, or child adjusts status to permanent resident after coming to the United States.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Correct me if I am wrong please. If I apply for k3 non immigrant visa without having to file the evidence of income above the poverty level. Then I can get her to the US and then adjust her status to an immigrant visa at which time I would have to produce the evidence of income above the poverty level for two. From reading the information, that is the way I understand it. Since I have not been married for two years then I can not get the immigrant visa anyway.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
after two years of marriage the 125% poverty level does not mean anything, so marry and after 2 years go to the USA, or fly to Mexico and walk across hahahahha
Good Luck.. you must get a mexican visa before that could work. As a US citizen you dont need Visa, but your wife/partner/ gf would require one.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

And you think the Philippine is corrupt, try Mexico, i lived there for two years, nothing is impossible if you have money, this was told to me by an immigration officer

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
piglett
Posted
Posted
is there anyway around having to make the 125% of the poverty level for 2 in order to be approved for a fiancee visa?
If you can't afford a Filipina here there is no way you can afford her back in the good old USA.
you are probably correct & I was just pulling at straws hoping for a sollution coz the lady is great but her family puts too much pressure on her for money that she becomes miserable & cries or goes silent right after getting a text from them. we can be having a great day out eating & movies & then watching tv or listening to some nice music & then comes the text & it all goes to hell. I hate those damned cell phones
well the trick i use is i put her phone in my pocket till the end of the day. then i give it back to her. i didn't fly to the other side of the planet to hear " beep beep beep" all dam day long. good luckpiglett

piglett
Posted
Posted
after two years of marriage the 125% poverty level does not mean anything, so marry and after 2 years go to the USA, or fly to Mexico and walk across hahahahha
Now hold on there. this is the 1st i have heard of this 2 year deal. how can i find out more about this ????some of my income is cash so i'm rite on the 18k line & they mite give me trouble.thank youpiglett

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

I do not know the exact regulation and if their is one, i was to be a co-sponsor for a friend of mine , he is American liviing in the Phil,married to a filipina for about 4 years he is on social security and is below the 125%, during the process he sent me an email telling me i would not have to be a co-sponsor, as he is not required to complete Form I-864 Affidavid of support , from what he told me your wife is on a probation of 2 yrs, if you divorce , she can be sent back to her home country, but after that period she is free to stay as long as she is legal, so i guess after that period they cannot keep your wife from entering the usa. They are here in Texas now, the laws are changing daily here in the USA on immigration,i understand now even if you are here illigal if youhave no criminal record you can stay. The Obama administration, becoming very lax on requirements to enter and stay in the USA, Visa will be less to obtain for tourist as it should be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I looked at the requirement page and I saw nothing about a 2 year limitation. I will probably be filing for my wife late next year since we expect to go to the USA in mid 2014. I saw nothing that said that because we were married for over 2 years I won't have to prove I meet the support requirements (currently $18000 for husband and wife). It would be great if the two year rule exists but I've never heard of it before.The only people listed on the website exempted from showing support were the spouses of deceased citizens, battered spouses that qualify legally, and orphans adopted by a US citizen. They don't gotta no show money or "ollie ollie oxen free" as we used say in my younger days.