Does Anyone Know A Way Around The Poverty Level

Mik
Posted
Posted
ball-n-chain-guy_rubberball.jpg

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
is there anyway around having to make the 125% of the poverty level for 2 in order to be approved for a fiancee visa?
Get a co-sponsor
I have a friend who did this to bring over his fiancee. Believe it or not, a kind stranger did this for him. He and his wife wife have now lived in the US for over 10 years. She is working a full time job while he is freelancing Video, Audio and Radio broadcast technician. Two years ago they brought over her parents. While I'm sure they have their share of problems. I think overall they have a good life. Things are different now with job availability and the recession but it still can be done.You just need to find a sponsor if you don't have the income.Good luck.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Although you don't have a lot of money, she could work and make her own, hopefully.

Travis
Posted
Posted

thank you all for your comments I feel some families are too much to try to deal with & for me it is easier to tell her to try to find a rich foreigner who can give her money for her family coz I cannot & still keep a little for a rainy day & emergencies. if she truly loves me than I feel it is her who has to learn to deal with & control her family & I pray someday while I am still here that she will learn to coz she said she does not want me to go back to the US & I have a lot of feelings for her but what her family does to her makes me miserable & I cannot stand to watch it

Travis
Posted
Posted
ball-n-chain-guy_rubberball.jpg
mik you are too funny & it seems you might be miserable too so is it a money issue too

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's just life's reality what laws immigration imposes on everyone and they are just trying to protect those who are being sponsored by their petitioners! I guess every one knows why immigration has imposed the minimum income requirement rule. It probably has been well documented in the past where the petitioner couldn't provide the financial means to support his spouse and things didn't go well for both parties in just surviving the day to day life in the U.S.! BTW, would you and your lady friend be willing to move elsewhere where it's more affordable? I know most Filipinas are attached to their families and would never consider moving away from them, but sometimes it would resolve a lot of issues living further away! I know that to be true on a personal level, we've been there and done that and it works for us! Traveler, I know where you are coming from and it's a real shame if you have to let a loved one go due to financial hardships in the Philippines. It's really your personal decision, only you know what your limits are financially and emotionally! All I can say is good luck! If you can just get rid of her cellphone or any direct contact with her family, the better off you both will be! Or move somewhere else where it's cheaper to live! If you have no other way out, I guess you know what you eventually have to do! Again, good luck!!!!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

• 1 year later...
Okieboy
Posted
Posted

after two years of marriage the 125% poverty level does not mean anything, so marry and after 2 years go to the USA, or fly to Mexico and walk across hahahahha

• Like 1

Norseman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is an interesting thing in my Situation. I am a Military Retiree and have lived here for the past 5 years. I am below the 125%. Do they consider anything or the number? Additionally I have a VA deduction that even takes me down farther? I will do the co sponsor if I must however how do they regard these issues. Additionally I will be married 2 years plus when we file in May. Adding to my question.

Edited by Norseman

Garpo
Posted
Posted

What is this poverty level thing. First I have heard of it. I have only been married about a year and was going to get my wifes VISA after the first of the year. What am I missing? I have not read anything in the VISA application about any poverty level or anything like that.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What is this poverty level thing. First I have heard of it. I have only been married about a year and was going to get my wifes VISA after the first of the year. What am I missing? I have not read anything in the VISA application about any poverty level or anything like that.
I could be wrong but in most countries a certain requirement for financial support must be met for an application such as a visa for a wife or anyone for that matter.If you are in the below poverty bracket you may not meet the requirements to support the applicant.