Prostitution

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Traveler, I've never been but I've heard there are a lot of good Christian women in Arkansas. No bar girls allowed; state law. Why do you think Bill Clinton left?
Why do you think Bill Clinton left?
Because he could not buy a cigar and Monica would be unsatisfied SugarwareZ-005.gif :th_thholysheep:

Jake
Posted
Posted
Traveler, I've never been but I've heard there are a lot of good Christian women in Arkansas. No bar girls allowed; state law. Why do you think Bill Clinton left?
Why do you think Bill Clinton left?
Because he could not buy a cigar and Monica would be unsatisfied SugarwareZ-005.gif :th_thholysheep:
You guys crack me up! Now, let me get this straight -- by definition of whoring around, wouldn't our formal you know who be an accurate example??Now where's my cigar -- Jake

No name
Posted
Posted
To me that would seem that anyone in the right mind would not wish to bring someone home to a property they own or they could face forfeiture of their property if the law were to be bent in that direction, and we all know the laws can be bent to suit whenever they feel like it in the Philippines.
Lee, you're 100% correct, of course it means that.. Doesn't require bending at all. Most of us rent so it wouldn't apply. Delivery is where it happens. Sure its meant to take the bar from the owner but that's not the only way it can be used. The anti-trafficking law is very scary. INFLUENCE being the key word.I see people trash the PI for lack of common sense. That is so grossly inaccurate, its hard for me to believe those people have ever been here. The laws are written very flexibly here but there is a huge dose of common sense in their application. Of course, if you piss someone off, you can kiss common sense out the window.There doesn't even seem to be a concept of "selective prosecution" in the Philippines. The DENR went after certain resorts on Bantayan Island They left others right on the beach. Owned by Filipino! Its blatant but the Filipino owners are worried that they could be next. They are definitely keeping a low profile.Taking a bargirl home, especially one you've never done business with before is freaking insane. That's how expats get set up. They usually claim to be single and they rarely are. And you've just set yourself up for her boyfriend to come rob you blind.

Travis
Posted
Posted
thank you MikeB I am seriously working in that direction while saving for my return but with the hope that I could still manage to stay here if I could make it affordable. maybe I am old fashioned coz it goes against me to think of sex for money no matter what name people call it. as long as people are willing to sell themselves for money then there is no reason for the government to even try to fix the problem

MikeB
Posted
Posted
thank you MikeB I am seriously working in that direction while saving for my return but with the hope that I could still manage to stay here if I could make it affordable. maybe I am old fashioned coz it goes against me to think of sex for money no matter what name people call it. as long as people are willing to sell themselves for money then there is no reason for the government to even try to fix the problem
They're not going to fix it, it's not fixable. I respect your viewpoint; I don't know where you're originally from but that's a prevailing attitude in much of the so-called Bible Belt states. I don't have any problem with the moral aspects of purchasing sex (between consenting adults) any more then purchasing anything but paying someone who doesn't really want to be with me, to be with me, takes most of whatever pleasure there could be out of the equation. In the Philippines (and other Asian countries?) there seems to be more of a connotation of "helping" but it's basically the same thing.

No name
Posted
Posted
They're not going to fix it, it's not fixable. I respect your viewpoint; I don't know where you're originally from but that's a prevailing attitude in much of the so-called Bible Belt states. I don't have any problem with the moral aspects of purchasing sex (between consenting adults) any more then purchasing anything but paying someone who doesn't really want to be with me, to be with me, takes most of whatever pleasure there could be out of the equation. In the Philippines (and other Asian countries?) there seems to be more of a connotation of "helping" but it's basically the same thing.
It is fixable. Unless one is saying that fixing it means removing it completely. You'd be write that wont happen.People will do what they have to do to eat, so would Traveler. And if it is to feed a child then "you'd" do even more.The way to fix it is simple, open land sales up here. When that happens, then the poverty can end. That would take decades.Now, I'm selfish I guess. I like it here. If they did open up land ownership, then I'd have to move.There's no real danger of that, Filipino are mostly VERY against this.Traveler you don't fix problem like this by keeping people poor.Hey, I'm happy the way it is. Never bar fined and probably never will. Well, given enough Tanduay, I guess anything is possible.

Jake
Posted
Posted
It is fixable. Unless one is saying that fixing it means removing it completely. You'd be write that wont happen.People will do what they have to do to eat, so would Traveler. And if it is to feed a child then "you'd" do even more.The way to fix it is simple, open land sales up here. When that happens, then the poverty can end. That would take decades.Now, I'm selfish I guess. I like it here. If they did open up land ownership, then I'd have to move.There's no real danger of that, Filipino are mostly VERY against this.Traveler you don't fix problem like this by keeping people poor.Hey, I'm happy the way it is. Never bar fined and probably never will. Well, given enough Tanduay, I guess anything is possible.
Excellent point-counter points guys that is centered around prostitution. We all know that sins of the flesh is the oldest profession. We were given the survival instinct to pro-create and unfortunately, that instinct often times became abusive and unhealthy. Now, some futurists (scientists and scholars) have predicted the new age of sexual gratification by having sex with virtual partners and yes -- drum roll please.........with robots! Just have "her" scan your bar code embedded in your skin, credit verified and slam-bam, thank you ma'am. The oldest profession just became high tech. I could imagine walking in a typical bikini-girlie bar in the Philippines, say around the year 2015. Most of "them" will be inactive or partially charged due to brown outs!DOM forever -- Jake

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
... some futurists (scientists and scholars) have predicted the new age of sexual gratification by having sex with virtual partners and yes -- drum roll please.........with robots! Just have "her" scan your bar code embedded in your skin, credit verified and slam-bam, thank you ma'am. The oldest profession just became high tech. I could imagine walking in a typical bikini-girlie bar in the Philippines, say around the year 2015. Most of "them" will be inactive or partially charged due to brown outs!DOM forever -- Jake
Jake... this is great!! This is when you and I will get rich by opening a string of portable generator rental booths just outside the doors of the bikini bars.Tom in Texas

Jake
Posted
Posted
... some futurists (scientists and scholars) have predicted the new age of sexual gratification by having sex with virtual partners and yes -- drum roll please.........with robots! Just have "her" scan your bar code embedded in your skin, credit verified and slam-bam, thank you ma'am. The oldest profession just became high tech. I could imagine walking in a typical bikini-girlie bar in the Philippines, say around the year 2015. Most of "them" will be inactive or partially charged due to brown outs!DOM forever -- Jake
Jake... this is great!! This is when you and I will get rich by opening a string of portable generator rental booths just outside the doors of the bikini bars.Tom in Texas
Hey Counsel,I knew that you're the only that could think of an business angle to get us rich. However, for extreme emergency situations, I would probablygo for the model with a built-in pedal power. It would be short time only, since this sorry ass senior citizen could only pedal so much.DOM forever, well 5 minutes lang -- Jake

No name
Posted
Posted

Jake, you're crazy man, another reason to hate these freaking brownouts!