Balikbayan Stamp Being Only A Few Days Out Of The Philippines

paco
Posted
Posted

Long ago I used to make visa runs toghether with my wife every year ,staying a few days abroad,usually on Malasya and when coming back getting on arrival without hassle a new one year stay allowance balikbayan entry stamp. Now in Spain on vacation I plan on my way back to make my wife met me in Malasya and then to go back toghether to the philippines. Anybody have actual recent experience about getting the balikbayan privilege without your wife beeing out of the philippines the one year legally established period of time? Thanks to everyone.

softail
Posted
Posted

Here is a recent thread that should help you.http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?showtopic=6382Doug and Sally

Jake
Posted
Posted
Here is a recent thread that should help you.http://www.philippin...?showtopic=6382Doug and Sally
Thank you Doug for taking the initiative to assist a fellow member out. Definitely a group hug is well deserved here.Respectfully -- Jake

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
Long ago I used to make visa runs toghether with my wife every year ,staying a few days abroad,usually on Malasya and when coming back getting on arrival without hassle a new one year stay allowance balikbayan entry stamp. Now in Spain on vacation I plan on my way back to make my wife met me in Malasya and then to go back toghether to the philippines. Anybody have actual recent experience about getting the balikbayan privilege without your wife beeing out of the philippines the one year legally established period of time? Thanks to everyone.
My husband and I return to our home in Cebu every year and stay about 4 months and then return again within 8 months and we have never had a problem getting the BB stamp. One year we stayed 3 months and then left for one month and returned and got the stamp again upon entry. I am usually the one who asks for it as I hand in the passports and form to the officer.

• 2 weeks later...
United Army
Posted
Posted

Me and my wife are going to Singapore in 3 weeks or so and staying for about 3 days, so will ask for a BB stamp went we return to the RP. Will post what happens...

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Me and my wife are going to  Singapore in 3 weeks or so  and staying for about 3 days, so will ask for a BB stamp went we return to the RP.  Will post what happens...
They might give it to you if you ask but technically you would not be entitled because of how the law HERE reads. So a person would have to fit into one of the three listed below.(a) The term "balikbayan" shall mean a Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year, or a Filipino overseas worker, or a former Filipino citizen and his or her family, as this term is defined hereunder, who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines;So the way I read it, the one year does not count if a person is a citizen of another country or an overseas worker but it looks like it would apply to just a vacationing Filipino who actually lives in the Philippines full time. So good luck Marko, and please let us know what happens. I do know that others who have done that did get it, but also some who tried did not. I guess like everything else in the Philippines it may be hit and miss depending on the mood of the officer you get coming in. 

United Army
Posted
Posted

I went to the BOI in Cebu today to get my ECC (Emigration Clearance Certificate) I thought it was called Exit Certificate, but whatever.... I decided to wait and see the attorney and talk to him about my 13A Visa interview. I was told to call him last month when I left BOI in Cebu to check on my apt. The papers I got from BOI in Cebu had an apt set for 18 Nov but was told that was not a correct apt and to call the attorney to get the correct date. So I called him in Sept and we had a very bad connection and he told me to text him, which I did. He did not text back, so a few days ago I texted him again, no answer again. So today I waited for him. He was suppose to come in at 9:30AM but came in at 10AM. There were two other couples waiting to see him for their 13A interviews and they both had apts at 8:30. I got to the door first and all I wanted to do was ask a simple question ...when was my 13A apt. To make a long story short, he started my 13A interview right there, he called my wife in and in about 20 minutes or so we were done. He then asked for P3,000 for handling and mailing my forms up to Manila, well I was OK with that. My apt was for 18 Nov up in Manila and he did it without an apt,. today, was happy to give him the 3K. But I must say the other two couples that waited for over 2 hrs to see him were not at all happy with me, I think one was German and the other British. I told the German that I was sorry. This attorney is not very organized and to have apts set for 8:30 and he does not show up till 10am...what BS.But I'm done with the 13A interview....He also said that I was entited to the BB stamp when I return from Singapore even tho I will not be out of the Philippines for a year, so will see what happens when my wife asks for it....

• 3 weeks later...
United Army
Posted
Posted

Here is my story about the BB Stamp. We departed Cebu on 9 Nov, arrived Singapore 10 Nov. departed Singapore 11 Nov and arrived Cebu 12 Nov., at 4am. There were 4 Immigration Officers checking passports so I picked the one out that I thought would give me the best shot for getting that most wanted BB Stamp. I told my wife to please ask him for that stamp. So I let her go up to the Immigration Officer first and she turned in both our passports and papers (marriage contact, arrival immigration card and onward ticket out of the country). The officer asked her where is your husband and she pointed to me, I was behind that yellow line and then asked her if we had the same last name and she said yes. And that was it, I got the BB Stamp.….he really did not look at the marriage contact either.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Here is my story about the BB Stamp. We departed Cebu on 9 Nov, arrived Singapore 10 Nov. departed Singapore 11 Nov and arrived Cebu 12 Nov., at 4am. There were 4 Immigration Officers checking passports so I picked the one out that I thought would give me the best shot for getting that most wanted BB Stamp. I told my wife to please ask him for that stamp. So I let her go up to the Immigration Officer first and she turned in both our passports and papers (marriage contact, arrival immigration card and onward ticket out of the country). The officer asked her where is your husband and she pointed to me, I was behind that yellow line and then asked her if we had the same last name and she said yes. And that was it, I got the BB Stamp.….he really did not look at the marriage contact either.
Here's a quote from the RA6768 "Balikbayan Program: "Family members of the former Filipino citizen who are travelling with the Balikbayan should present passports and any of the following: a) Birth certificate, in case of children b) Marriage certificate, in case of spouse c) Adoption papers, in case of legally adopted children"All Immigration Officers at authorized ports of entry shall grant the benefits and privileges to all Balikbayans and Former Filipinos included every time they enter the country to visit, regardless of their frequent travel".

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Here is my story about the BB Stamp.  We departed Cebu on 9 Nov,  arrived Singapore 10 Nov. departed Singapore 11 Nov and arrived Cebu 12 Nov., at 4am.  There were 4 Immigration Officers checking passports so I picked the one out that I thought would give me the best shot for getting that most wanted BB Stamp.  I told my wife to please ask him for that stamp.  So I let her go up to the  Immigration Officer first and she turned in both our passports and papers (marriage contact,  arrival immigration card and onward ticket out of the country).  The officer asked her where is your husband and she pointed to me, I was behind that yellow line and then asked her if we had the same last name and she said yes.  And that was it, I got the BB Stamp.….he really did not look at the marriage contact either.
Here's a quote from the RA6768 "Balikbayan Program: "Family members of the former Filipino citizen who are travelling with the Balikbayan should present passports and any of the following: a) Birth certificate, in case of children b) Marriage certificate, in case of spouse c) Adoption papers, in case of legally adopted children"All Immigration Officers at authorized ports of entry shall grant the benefits and privileges to all Balikbayans and Former Filipinos included every time they enter the country to visit, regardless of their frequent travel".
One of the major problems that some have had with the law is the word visit in the last sentence because if the immigration officers were to follow the actual letter of the law, then those who live within the PHL and leave for short periods of time and come back to live again, are not really visiting per say but are actually just not getting the correct visa.