Balikbayan Stamp Being Only A Few Days Out Of The Philippines

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Ed and everyone who reads this reply concerning the one-way tickets my wife and I experienced using about 5 yrs ago coming into NAIA from SFO! The email I sent out to immigration and Philippine Airlines just fell on deaf ears as though the subject never existed! So, the follow-on ticket rule is still in place unless confirmed otherwise!As a matter of fact, a British couple, myself and my wife will be going to Hong Kong on a 3 day turnaround the first week of February so that upon our return we can get all of our passports stamped with the 1 yr free stay as they call now a "permit" aka BB stamp and we will have our on-ward (throw-away) tickets too just in case! My wife won't need it because she has her Dual Citizenship, but yet no Philippine passport, so she has to use her ICC document to show proof that she is a Dual Citizen of the Philippines and U.S. since she still has a U.S. passport. Eventually I will be applying for my Dual Citizenship when ever I get off my dead ass to get it done within the year of the BB stamp! The British couple friends of ours will eventually get his 13a and her Dual Citizenship within the BB stamp time frame our continue the BB stamp routine before their BB stamp lapses, which I've been doing the past 13 years myself, but once every 3 yrs after all of my visa extensions has been used up to the max (24 months, every 6 month extension intervals) when one doesn't what to do the every year BB stamp routine! Another Fil/Am friend of mine, told me that he will continue to do the BB stamp routine when he can no longer travel and only then will he get his Dual Citizenship! You all will probably ask, why not just apply for our 13a or g permanent visas good for 10 years? Too much immigration red tape runaround, but some will say otherwise! Oh well, each to their own eh!

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Here is a recent thread that should help you.http://www.philippin...?showtopic=6382Doug and Sally
here is another link that HAS very helpful infohttp://philippines-expats.com/index.php?/topic/10188-balikbayan-stamp/