Soda Pop Consumption

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Now now... I love Tuba. I was just pondering if my first tattoo could be a tribute to the stuff. All the local people in this town drink is tuba. My mother-in-law needs it to relax (addict?). It's like red wine... though I'm no conesseiur (spell-check). It's not strong, so it's a good drink to socialize without getting out of hand like soju in Korea. Drink slowly for a long time, and still just on a buzz. I want to avoid getting wrecked as to many things could go wrong. So yesterday I got one of our neighbors to climb a coconut tree and bring down four. He showed me how to open it, and then how to carve a spoon out of the shell to dig out the meat. Later I tried to open one myself with my newly bought Sundang (local word for bolo knife?). I was pretty bad, but careful to keep my thumb and feet out of the way. Today I chopped another one, and did a better job. Still careful with the fingers. I'm trying to pour the coconut juice into a plastic bottle so I can drink it gradually throughout the day. My 3 year old hates it though. At least I found a store in the next town with healthy juices we can buy. Off topic, I got 3 blisters yesterday practicing my sundang on a big stick I was shaving and carving down. My city slicker hands need some toughening up. Half on topic, I got some hard work in today pumping water from our pump. We just fixed it, and it hadn't been used in years, so there was lots of little debris in it I needed to pump out. After 20 minutes of pumping, I think I got it clean enough for a shower. I noticed at our neighbors house they're drinking the water from the pump. Everyone says it comes from a source about 8 meters down. I was drinking it as is everyone, but later in the day some people warned me not to give it to the baby in her milk. (I wasn't going to.)
I am off topic in this but IMO do not drink the water if the local toilets are holes in the ground and most are. If they warn you not to give the water to babies, then you should not drink it either. Just because they can drink it and not get sick does not mean you can. Locals build up immunities to things that babies do not have and my friend, you are like a baby in that aspect. :crack-up: 

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

If anyone really wants to know more about the benefits of drinking the water of the coconut, here's a good link to read: http://www.cocotap.com/nutrition.htm Here's the answer to Boss Man's question;Coconut water is a natural diuretic so it increases urine flow. This helps to dilute the urine so that stones are less likely to form and helps to flush existing stones out. It is also helpful in preventing bladder infections. One thing to be aware of when using coconut water is that drinking too much can have a laxative effect. This characteristic of coconut water may or may not be desirable depending on the normal frequency of bowel movements. For those who are constipated, drinking lots of coconut water may be a good thing. For everyone else, consumption may be best limited to bowel tolerance. Bowel tolerance is the maximum amount of coconut water you can drink without experiencing loose stools. This will vary with each individual. Bowel tolerance may increase with regular use.The water has been useful in tropical areas to overcome diarrheal dehydration. Diarrhea is a major health problem in many third world countries. In the Philippines it ranks second among the causes of death and illness and kills nearly five million children yearly. So, the benefits out weighs the fears of getting the "hershey squirts"!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
If anyone really wants to know more about the benefits of drinking the water of the coconut, here's a good link to read: http://www.cocotap.com/nutrition.htm Here's the answer to Boss Man's question;Coconut water is a natural diuretic so it increases urine flow. This helps to dilute the urine so that stones are less likely to form and helps to flush existing stones out. It is also helpful in preventing bladder infections. One thing to be aware of when using coconut water is that drinking too much can have a laxative effect. This characteristic of coconut water may or may not be desirable depending on the normal frequency of bowel movements. For those who are constipated, drinking lots of coconut water may be a good thing. For everyone else, consumption may be best limited to bowel tolerance. Bowel tolerance is the maximum amount of coconut water you can drink without experiencing loose stools. This will vary with each individual. Bowel tolerance may increase with regular use.The water has been useful in tropical areas to overcome diarrheal dehydration. Diarrhea is a major health problem in many third world countries. In the Philippines it ranks second among the causes of death and illness and kills nearly five million children yearly. So, the benefits out weighs the fears of getting the "hershey squirts"!
Had no idea coconut juice is a diuretic this is good information. I like it we drink it here in the States too.For those of us who drink a lot of alcohol or take prescription medicines with a diuretics like many of the blood presser medicines coconut juice should be taken in moderation.I think the statistics “death and illness and kills nearly five million children yearly” is world wide not just Philippines.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Jake, You might get Judy to bottle force feed you 1%20(60).gifmocking.gif with "BUKO JUICE", the coconut water of life since it's also good for IV drips too! cheersty.gifunsure.gif7500.gif
JAKE --- Stand up for yourself.... Don't let Art get away with calling you an "IV drip." I'm not sure... ......... but I think "IV drip" is slang for someone who is under-endowed. sad.gifBut, to give Art the benefit of the doubt... maybe Buko Juice is an enhancement elixir. smile.gif
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Jake, You might get Judy to bottle force feed you 1%20(60).gifmocking.gif with "BUKO JUICE", the coconut water of life since it's also good for IV drips too! cheersty.gifunsure.gif7500.gif
JAKE --- Stand up for yourself.... Don't let Art get away with calling you an "IV drip." I'm not sure... ......... but I think "IV drip" is slang for someone who is under-endowed. sad.gifBut, to give Art the benefit of the doubt... maybe Buko Juice is an enhancement elixir. smile.gif
You know, ever since my good buddy Art made references to the health benefits of coconut juice/milk, I've been going to our local Asian market to buy some coconut juice in a tall can. It even has bits and pieces of coconut mixed in. And lo and behold,I seemed to have more energy playing tennis beyond my normal 2 hour routine.Bottoms up -- Jake

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Diarrhea is a major health problem in many third world countries. In the Philippines it ranks second among the causes of death and illness and kills nearly five million children yearly. Sounds questionable. That's over 5% of the population of the Philippines each year. Ya think maybe the population would be declining if that were true?

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Diarrhea is a major health problem in many third world countries. In the Philippines it ranks second among the causes of death and illness and kills nearly five million children yearly. Sounds questionable. That's over 5% of the population of the Philippines each year. Ya think maybe the population would be declining if that were true?
The author probably meant 5% world wide, but who knows or go check another source?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah Tom and Jake, coconut juice aka "Buko Juice" is an elixir of life and it will also clean out your tubes! So, how's it hanging Jake? AddEmoticons04230.gifrolleyes.gifmocking.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
Yeah Tom and Jake, coconut juice aka "Buko Juice" is an elixir of life and it will also clean out your tubes! So, how's it hanging Jake? AddEmoticons04230.gifrolleyes.gifmocking.gif
Upon arrival there, I expect a tall glass of fresh Buko, super size halo-halo and some killer MoJo, served with a tear jerker group hug. Hanging pretty good my friends -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Upon arrival there, I expect a tall glass of fresh Buko, super size halo-halo and some killer MoJo, served with a tear jerker group hug. Hanging pretty good my friends -- Jake
th_thholysheep.gif Drinking buko juice, mojo and eating halo-halo in one sitting will definitely give you the HERSHEY SQUIRTS! 714_full_of_crap.gifhystery.gif Edited by Fil/AmArt