Internet Service Providers (Philippines)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
i used to have GLOBE with land line but its so slow :) so i switch to SMART BRO, i got here the old smart bro with antina and with the speed of 10.00 mbps not the new wimax they said its just the same but one of my friend bought the product but its so slow :( mine is good but its a bit slow if its raining tho so what i do is i bought router in cdr-king and now i have 100.0 mbps... well i heard dsl which is the PLDT is ok maybe yeah cz internet cafe usually used...tc be safe out there...kind regards,Che che
HiWhat the router is telling you is that it can handle speeds of 100mbps but that is not the speed you are getting.Test your speed by using this link http://www.speedtest.net/cheersty.gif

URGIRL
Posted
Posted (edited)

ty bossman well my results are :th_signs027: 1074546763.png

i used to have GLOBE with land line but its so slow :lol: so i switch to SMART BRO, i got here the old smart bro with antina and with the speed of 10.00 mbps not the new wimax they said its just the same but one of my friend bought the product but its so slow :89: mine is good but its a bit slow if its raining tho so what i do is i bought router in cdr-king and now i have 100.0 mbps... well i heard dsl which is the PLDT is ok maybe yeah cz internet cafe usually used...tc be safe out there...kind regards,Che che
HiWhat the router is telling you is that it can handle speeds of 100mbps but that is not the speed you are getting.Test your speed by using this link http://www.speedtest.net/cheersty.gif
Edited by URGIRL

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
ty bossman well my results are 1074546763.png
i used to have GLOBE with land line but its so slow :lol: so i switch to SMART BRO, i got here the old smart bro with antina and with the speed of 10.00 mbps not the new wimax they said its just the same but one of my friend bought the product but its so slow :th_signs027: mine is good but its a bit slow if its raining tho so what i do is i bought router in cdr-king and now i have 100.0 mbps... well i heard dsl which is the PLDT is ok maybe yeah cz internet cafe usually used...tc be safe out there...kind regards,Che che
You are welcomeWhat you have is less than 1 Mbps,probably around 100 kbps.Funny thing just the other day I did some research on the Mbps and Kbps and what they mean.There can be a big difference on speeds when it comes to the hardware you have, routers/modems, lines,computer etc. You can have the fastest system around but if the ISP is not up to scratch or the other way where your systems can not handle the speeds then you will not get the best performance.Anyway here in Brisbane Australia and not far from telephone exchange and paying for the fastest DSL, my result below.post-1-0-48975700-1292601570_thumb.gif

URGIRL
Posted
Posted

:lol: Good for u :th_signs027: Now I find myself bitter that it's not faster lol joke :lmao: As you can see it isn't the fastest speed around, but we get exactly i guess the speed we pay for and it has never gone down all the time so its just ok for me..May i ask u pls if u know ,What is the minimum and maximum speed in Philippines? ty tc be safe...kind regards,Che che

ty bossman well my results are 1074546763.png
i used to have GLOBE with land line but its so slow :89: so i switch to SMART BRO, i got here the old smart bro with antina and with the speed of 10.00 mbps not the new wimax they said its just the same but one of my friend bought the product but its so slow :( mine is good but its a bit slow if its raining tho so what i do is i bought router in cdr-king and now i have 100.0 mbps... well i heard dsl which is the PLDT is ok maybe yeah cz internet cafe usually used...tc be safe out there...kind regards,Che che
You are welcomeWhat you have is less than 1 Mbps,probably around 100 kbps.Funny thing just the other day I did some research on the Mbps and Kbps and what they mean.There can be a big difference on speeds when it comes to the hardware you have, routers/modems, lines,computer etc. You can have the fastest system around but if the ISP is not up to scratch or the other way where your systems can not handle the speeds then you will not get the best performance.Anyway here in Brisbane Australia and not far from telephone exchange and paying for the fastest DSL, my result below.post-1-0-48975700-1292601570_thumb.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:lol: Good for u :th_signs027: Now I find myself bitter that it's not faster lol joke :89: As you can see it isn't the fastest speed around, but we get exactly i guess the speed we pay for and it has never gone down all the time so its just ok for me..May i ask u pls if u know ,What is the minimum and maximum speed in Philippines? ty tc be safe...kind regards,Che che
Hey CheIt makes no difference my speed and my speed is slower than lots of others. To answer your question, no idea!My guess is if you pay for 1mpbs then as Lee said earlier; that is up to and your top speed.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

HAHAHA SORRY TO BRAG a little but look at my download speed :) med_gallery_911_65_17732.png and there is one even higher then that with 50 mbs a sec download and 2 mbs upload , its insane hahaha bring on the HD TORRENTS OldUgly&Cranky :)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
HAHAHA SORRY TO BRAG a little but look at my download speed :) med_gallery_911_65_17732.png and there is one even higher then that with 50 mbs a sec download and 2 mbs upload , its insane hahaha bring on the HD TORRENTS OldUgly&Cranky :)
That is a damn good speed but I have bad news for you,wait till MikeB posts his later. laugh.gif

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

SPEED WAR BRING IT ON LOL as i said i want the 50 mbs but its a little too pricey for me but if mikeb post his i might just have to go tomorrow and get it hahaha

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I can't seem to do a screen shot of my PLDT speed test, but here's what I just got today:SPEED TEST RESULT Download: 1.21Mb/sUpload: 0.56Mb/s Ping: 19msDistance: 50miMakati CityPLDT serverDOWNLOAD SPEEDMP3 files (5MB) 34 secVideo Clip (35MB) 4 minMovie (800MB) 88 min - I can live with this, for now! In the U.S. while on vacation in Southern California, it took just 15 min via Comcast at 58.00 MB/s, for about $50 a month I think. All this KB/s, Kb/s, MB/s and Mb/s is confusing, but I'm getting the hang of it some what! Not too bad for just a 1 MB/s DSL PLDT internet server for P1,700 a month including land line. Works just fine for me! And you guys pay how much for your 7Mb/s to 22Mb/s DSL service outside of the Philippines?

Edited by Fil/AmArt

MikeB
Posted
Posted

This is on my new laptop which supports wireless-N after an upgrade by the cable company to "up to" 40Mb/s. My other 2 laptops are B/G and are getting in the 20 Mb/s range which is expected. I didn't expect this, most web pages open Instantly. Cost is $15 more per month then my current service or $30 more then basic internet service. I guess if you're downloading movies and streaming it would be very good, haven't done much of that yet.1075618903.png