Drugs??

Jake
Posted
Posted
It seems the truth is now starting to come out. Quoted from THIS story so it is looking more and more like murder.
The source also noted that Mejia’s face had no wounds of injury marks, which somehow run contrary to witnesses claims that the victim was found lying face down.The source added the victims body bore several bruises.
The below quotations came from a fellow passenger waiting to board the same plane: I was at the airport boarding the same plane he was going to board. He had 30K USD in his duffle bag that was reported to US customs(he claimed). He was very distraught and was talking very loudly and was visibly scared for his life. He even offered the police and security the money, saying if this is what you want, take it. When he was taken away he was screaming that they were going to kill him. It appeared to be handled very poorly as he was left around the rest of us for 45 minutes with his bag before they finally took him away just before we boarded the plane. When I read that he was killed, i was shocked. The person that said it was an extortion that went wrong is most likely correct. it is very sad for the young man and his family. I wish there was something that I could have done to help. Any additional follow ups on this tragic story?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It seems the truth is now starting to come out. Quoted from THIS story so it is looking more and more like murder.
The source also noted that Mejia’s face had no wounds of injury marks, which somehow run contrary to witnesses claims that the victim was found lying face down.The source added the victims body bore several bruises.
The below quotations came from a fellow passenger waiting to board the same plane: I was at the airport boarding the same plane he was going to board. He had 30K USD in his duffle bag that was reported to US customs(he claimed). He was very distraught and was talking very loudly and was visibly scared for his life. He even offered the police and security the money, saying if this is what you want, take it. When he was taken away he was screaming that they were going to kill him. It appeared to be handled very poorly as he was left around the rest of us for 45 minutes with his bag before they finally took him away just before we boarded the plane. When I read that he was killed, i was shocked. The person that said it was an extortion that went wrong is most likely correct. it is very sad for the young man and his family. I wish there was something that I could have done to help. Any additional follow ups on this tragic story?
If that is true, and I do not doubt that it might be, then I have to wonder what the heck he was doing carrying that much money back out of the PHL, and then if he was in fact carrying that much money, and he declared it to the PHL govt as required by law, then that is yet one more reason why I tell people to never carry that much money even if they are going to declare it to the govt, which is required by law when entering or leaving the PHL. One has to wonder what might be in the minds of those Filipino workers who only make that much money while having to work many, many years of their lives, when they see someone carrying it. The temptation is just too great for anyone who has even a little larceny in their hearts.

Jake
Posted
Posted
If that is true, and I do not doubt that it might be, then I have to wonder what the heck he was doing carrying that much money back out of the PHL, and then if he was in fact carrying that much money, and he declared it to the PHL govt as required by law, then that is yet one more reason why I tell people to never carry that much money even if they are going to declare it to the govt, which is required by law when entering or leaving the PHL. One has to wonder what might be in the minds of those Filipino workers who only make that much money while having to work many, many years of their lives, when they see someone carrying it. The temptation is just too great for anyone who has even a little larceny in their hearts.
As you may well know, it's not illegal to carry that amount if properly declared. The fact that no bruises were found on his faceand head (as results of falling on his face) but NCIS found bruises throughout his body, indicates very suspicious foul play. ThePhilippine Aviation Security group not only had larceny in their hearts but also will not hesitate of murdering anyone to save their own reptile skin. I've set up a news alert on Commander Mejia but no hits so far.Jake

• 2 weeks later...
Jake
Posted
Posted

OK guys, here is the latest update from PDI website:http://newsinfo.inqu...Navy-mans-deathJake

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
OK guys, here is the latest update from PDI website:http://newsinfo.inqu...Navy-mans-deathJake
I'm too angry to make a comment at this time.1%20%2872%29.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Case closed! The guy was surely framed by the greedy bastards! SugarwareZ-034.gif23_11_62[1].gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
What is really weird and bothers me second to this poor fellow having to die, is that if he was carrying a diplomatic passport, as the story says, so why the heck did they mess with him. I personally hope they execute all police officers involved by firing squad, if they are found guilty of setting this drug bust up. What all this tells me is, to not travel into the PHL during the Christmas holidays unless I am prepared to spread a little cheer because what chance do we have if a person on a diplomatic passport was treated this way. ohmy.gif
Mejia, who held a US diplomatic passport, was then about to board a Philippine Airlines flight bound for Los Angeles.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
What is really weird and bothers me second to this poor fellow having to die, is that if he was carrying a diplomatic passport, as the story says, so why the heck did they mess with him. I personally hope they execute all police officers involved by firing squad, if they are found guilty of setting this drug bust up. What all this tells me is, to not travel into the PHL during the Christmas holidays unless I am prepared to spread a little cheer because what chance do we have if a person on a diplomatic passport was treated this way. ohmy.gif
Mejia, who held a US diplomatic passport, was then about to board a Philippine Airlines flight bound for Los Angeles.
It's very unlikely a US Navel Officer would travel with a Diplomatic Passport unless he was attached to the US Embassy in Philippines. Like I said I'm so angry now I am going to take a time out before posting anything.

Jake
Posted
Posted
It's very unlikely a US Navel Officer would travel with a Diplomatic Passport unless he was attached to the US Embassy in Philippines. Like I said I'm so angry now I am going to take a time out before posting anything.
While I wait for my good friend Old55 to simmer down, I would like to put some more fuel to the fire.Please understand the the Pasay City Police senior superintendent is only recommending the filingof charges at this time. Although I do commend him for taking the initiative without waiting for NCIS to substantiate any conclusions. Nevertheless, I believe the US Embassy and NCIS should have sufficient amount of time to make their final autopsy report. It would piss me off if the delay was based on political politenessby not offending the Philippine government.Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Most guys and gals in the military have two types of passports, one regular personal U.S. passport and one U.S. Diplomatic passport for only military official business outside of the U.S.! Military people while conducting their official business, can't mix pleasure with official business! These diplomatic passports are only controled by their squadron's personnel unit clerk and is only issued out in the performance of their official diplomatic duties prior to their departure anywhere in the world! So, the Navy Judge Advocate and NCIS better get their sh&t together and find hard evidence so that justice can be served where justice is due!

Edited by Fil/AmArt