Drugs??

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well I'm grateful for that Norwegian and his wife to finally see justice in their behalf. However, the family of US Navy Commander Mejia is still seeking the same justice. Anyone have the latest updates?Jake

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Well I'm grateful for that Norwegian and his wife to finally see justice in their behalf. However, the family of US Navy Commander Mejia is still seeking the same justice. Anyone have the latest updates?Jake
Not a word Jake. I have been doing a Google news search (Philippines + Mejia) often.We would hope the US people are doing something in the background.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Finally maybe some justice will be had, but it irks me that they ruled out foul play since this whole thing stinks of foul play.5 NAIA cops to be charged today for US Navy officer's deathFive airport policemen will be charged with homicide due to negligence today for allegedly failing to prevent United States Navy Lieutenant Commander Scintar Mejia from committing suicide at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in December last year.Pasay City police chief Senior Superintendent Napoleon Cuaton said Senior Police Officer 2 Roberto Figueras, SPO1 Mateo Aguilas, PO2 Jay Guinto, PO2 Noel Liberted, and PO1 Jomer Zurbano were all “close or near Mejia” when he committed suicide on Dec. 26, 2010 at their headquarters at the NAIA.Cuaton said the charges will be lodged after Mejia’s widow, Donna, submitted to them her complaint affidavit through the US embassy.Cuaton said Donna’s affidavit, sworn before the Philippine consulate in Los Angeles, California, was based on the findings of Pasay City police that the five policemen “failed” to prevent Mejia from committing suicide a day after he was caught with what was initially thought to be cocaine. The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency said the powdery substance was not cocaine.In an 18-page investigative report, probers said the airport policemen “committed negligence and laxity as to how they handled Mejia, who was arrested for being an unruly passenger and eventually held for investigation for possible possession of illegal drug,” the report said.The investigators said Mejia’s custodians “are seemingly unaware that it is their duty to provide protection, care and necessary safeguards to Mejia while undergoing custodial investigation.”Probers led by Chief Inspector Raymund Liguden also ruled out foul play in Mejia’s death, saying there is no evidence that could prove that the US official was manhandled while under the airport policemen’s custody.Autopsy findings by PNP’s Dr. Joseph Palmero, however, said Mejia’s body bore injuries indicating he was beaten.

Edited by Mr. Lee
fix spelling

softail
Posted
Posted

All of these crazy cases lately has sure shown the ugly underbelly of the Philippines. The old saying "you aren’t in Kansas anymore Toto" dose come to mind. The law is the only thing that concerns me in traveling around the PI, it doesn’t take a lot to languish in a Philippine jail for years waiting to be exonerated. I have no doubt that’s why this guy committed suicide. There were signs the man had been beaten and nobody is held accountable.Doug and Sally

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Five airport policemen will be charged with homicide due to negligence today for allegedly failing to prevent United States Navy Lieutenant Commander Scintar Mejia from committing suicide at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in December last year.Probers led by Chief Inspector Raymund Liguden also ruled out foul play in Mejia’s death, saying there is no evidence that could prove that the US official was manhandled while under the airport policemen’s custody.Autopsy findings by PNP’s Dr. Joseph Palmero, however, said Mejia’s body bore injuries indicating he was beaten.
th_thholysheep.gifNo foul play eh? So, what's with the contradiction from the last sentence that the autopsy indicated injuries from a beating? Chief Inspector Raymund Liguden is trying to cover up the facts that has already been determined by PNP's Dr. Joseph Palmero and that's why the 5 policeman are being charged with homicide! And what's sad is, the PDEA said that the powdery substance the police claimed, wasn't even cocaine! So quick to jump to conclusions! Here in the Philippines, a suspect is assumed guilty first, thrown in jail and must prove one's innocence later, but if one doesn't have any money or legal assistance, one is SOL and will be behind bars for a long time before justice is initiated and or served! omg.gif th_thholysheep.gif Chief Inspector Liguden should be fired from his position due to contradicting the facts of the case! SugarwareZ-037.gif Edited by Art2ro

Jake
Posted
Posted

I'm too angry to make a comment at this time.1%20%2872%29.gifAt this point in time, I think I should refrain from making any comments and just continue to feed ammo in Old55's machine gun.I am so pissed off......Jake

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jake, gotta love them crew served weapons! I feel the same way Lee, you said it much better than I could have. In fact I’ve had to sit on my hands because I’m so ticked off about this affair. I’m angry!Art, more than likely he was told what to say by someone higher up on the food chain.We do not know the facts and likely never will. We also do not know if or how our government could have been involved in fact finding. I have read nothing, but it could be they were very active behind the seines. I would like to think that is the case. Maybe the best we can hope for is justice to be served in this manor. We have a great love for Philippines and the Filipino people. Sadly we fear of the police and many of those in power there today.